NEW FEATURE - Auto-Fire Abilities!

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Ok thank you for clarifying that new players ARE asking for that.
    Makes sense now, although it is definitely not for US (ignore Bucket).

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,993 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@IceIX said:

@LavaManLee said:
    I feel like the request for "auto play" became confused with "auto fire". I would love for DDQ to be "auto play". Just play the darn thing for me and however long it takes it takes. But with "auto fire", I still have to make the matches and play. Which gains me little.

Not at all, and this feature is not and was not intended to be "auto play". This has been a long standing feature request for new users that are still getting a handle on the game and genre in general, and get bogged down by the minutiae of managing AP for abilities. This way they can get a handle on matching, on how the flow of the game works, and go from there.

Sure, it may have little effect on most of you playing the game right now, and could honestly be a downgrade in functionality if you're playing at a higher level. But then, it's an optional feature that you don't have to enable or engage with if you don't want to.

Can powers fire turn 0 if auto abilities are on?

If I bring +4 red AP and a support gives me +3 red, will Apocalypse red get fired as soon as the fight starts, before I move the board?

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Ok thank you for clarifying that new players ARE asking for that.
    Makes sense now, although it is definitely not for US (ignore Bucket).

How dare you

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options

Well I suppose those who don’t want this can just switch it to off and concentrate on other more interesting things.

I can see this might be of use to speed through some story modes but pvp it’s a no for me, but thanks to the team for trying something anyway. Hope your next couple of developments / announcements will make more people happy

On that , any chance of some new storylines soon ??

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hoard AP and fire multiple abilities at once.

This is a useless feature for me, but I understand I'm not the targeted player demographic for this .

• TheXMan
    TheXMan Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options

the minutiae of managing AP for abilities...yeah, makes much more sense for random powers to go off and having no idea what just happened

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's interesting in order to set the most effective defensive team, as Icel said.
    This could make pvp more interesting, that's it, if they nerfed broken characters at once.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I don't think this is useless at all. Turning every ability into a passive, in terms of speed, is a big big deal. This, combined with boosts and supports, has the potential to create a lot of extremely fast turn 1/turn 0 kills.

Is it good that the game will get even faster/even less dependent on match-3 skill and screen tapping speed? I don't think so. But here we are.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bad said:
    It's interesting in order to set the most effective defensive team, as Icel said.
    This could make pvp more interesting, that's it, if they nerfed broken characters at once.

This is exactly how your defensive team works right now.
    Ice said exactly that.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

I still don't see how this helps new players. 1* Black Widow you don't want stunning random but make sure you are targeting the right person. 2* Ares you don't always want Green once it hits "ready to fire". 2* Black Widow you don't fire Purple if the other team doesn't have the right (or any) AP. Etc. Etc. I can see new players getting more frustrated than happy.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

Can we be real for a second and acknowledge that:

“get bogged down by the minutiae of managing AP for abilities”

is the best way I’ve seen to call players stupid? As if counting numbers is a pro move?

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 598 Critical Contributor
    Options

I mean...I can't imagine ever turning this on... But if somebody wanted this, good for them.

I do wonder where people might have requested this, though.

Assuming new players asked for this, does it really help them in the long run?

It feels like elementary school students wanting auto calculated addition.... But then they'll never learn algebra. Just my opinion, but this is just silly.

But... If others want it or find it helpful, great. I don't need to understand everything that happens.

• entrailbucket
    Options

I'd also take issue with the idea that "no one asked for this."

This is exactly what everyone has been asking for, for years. For years now, the high level MPQ metagame has been "teams that play themselves." From Gambit/Thor to Okoye/Thor to Okoye/Hulk, SW/Colossus, Chasm/Hulk, and even all the ancillary stuff like Kitty/Rocket and Polaris/BRB, all the teams that anyone ever uses or has used, for years, are teams that run completely without human input.

Why is it suddenly something so horrible that they've allowed the AI to take over casting powers? Isn't autoplay what everyone wants?

If it isn't, why does everyone exclusively use autoplay teams?

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Well, it's optional so it really doesn't affect most players lol. I can't see ever using it, but again, not really affecting me. The only thing I'd change is to have it turned off by default. I don't have it yet on ios but it sounds like it's on by default?

I can see new players starting mpq and getting annoyed by having no control over their powers. Most will probably check the options to see **** is going on but some will probably leave because of it.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,573 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For all the players who want to play exactly as stupid as the AI.

There are too many scenarios where this will go from useful to a hindrance during play. I don't want to be turning it off and then on again. I will not be using this feature.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@IceIX said:

@LavaManLee said:
    I feel like the request for "auto play" became confused with "auto fire". I would love for DDQ to be "auto play". Just play the darn thing for me and however long it takes it takes. But with "auto fire", I still have to make the matches and play. Which gains me little.

Not at all, and this feature is not and was not intended to be "auto play". This has been a long standing feature request for new users that are still getting a handle on the game and genre in general, and get bogged down by the minutiae of managing AP for abilities. This way they can get a handle on matching, on how the flow of the game works, and go from there.

Sure, it may have little effect on most of you playing the game right now, and could honestly be a downgrade in functionality if you're playing at a higher level. But then, it's an optional feature that you don't have to enable or engage with if you don't want to.

New users don't know what they want yet. They're new, they're "children" of the game.

One QoL requests from ALL players that would had been celebrated is removing the Vault Animation and allow us to open more than 1 token at a time.

Spend time on features that truly save us time so we can play the game more (or real life), not features that could potentially waste time when I need to restart a match cause the AI made a poor decision.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Why is it suddenly something so horrible that they've allowed the AI to take over casting powers? Isn't autoplay what everyone wants?

If it isn't, why does everyone exclusively use autoplay teams?

Because this isn't autoplay. It's autofire. I could understand autoplay. Lots of other mobile games (like Marvel Strike Force) have autoplay.

Autofire is kind of the worst of both. You still have to play but then the AI decides when to fire. I honestly think NOBODY was asking for that. I think newbies were asking for actual auto play which is very common in other mobile games.