**** Peni Parker (Spider-Bot BFF) ****

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Nobody seems to care about Shuri given the results of the Classic 4* odds for this month, so I am not overly convinced new players will have her. I'm not exactly sure new players will care much about Peni either. Maybe if she fed Omega Red!

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

DOA.

Is the point to use the blue to focus down one character on the other team? Like, if you removed the targeting restriction, she’d be a stun bot, but that’s not so bad. Now it’s …pointless? What’s the point of focusing on a stunned opponent? This seems like another poorly thought out power set.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

Peni's powers are always over-rated...

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@allen_koholic said:
    Is the point to use the blue to focus down one character on the other team? Like, if you removed the targeting restriction, she’d be a stun bot, but that’s not so bad. Now it’s …pointless? What’s the point of focusing on a stunned opponent? This seems like another poorly thought out power set.

She can stun multiple characters at a time (ie stun lock a team).

The only thing multiple casts of her Blue does is remove the extra 1 turn stun that comes after 5+ turns.

KGB

• allen_koholic
    Options

@KGB said:

@allen_koholic said:

She can stun multiple characters at a time (ie stun lock a team).

The only thing multiple casts of her Blue does is remove the extra 1 turn stun that comes after 5+ turns.

KGB

Still begs for the question of what her role is supposed to be. Her entire kit revolves around that blue power and putting out as many of those experimental web tiles as possible to max damage output. Against an opponent that’s slumbering in a long stun nap. It’s a bad design.

Either remove the targeting restriction from the other powers or allow multiple targets at once or better yet, just remove the whole targeting mechanic altogether.

It would make more sense to stun one character and allow Peni to do more damage against the other two. That’s a kit with synergy. This is anti synergy.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Am I the only one disappointed that Peter Parker was given an extra feeder before Venomsaurus even got one? Sure, they took away that feeder, but at this point it's been actual months since the "coming soon" for Venomsaurus' feeder. How is that possibly "soon?"

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

@allen_koholic said:
    What’s the point of focusing on a stunned opponent?

If you're up against a team with one stronger member (often happens in PvE with one tile mover + goons, and in lower level PvP with one 5*) then it can be good to put them out of action temporarily with a stun, and then permanently as quickly as you can.

My alt account that is at 3-4 transition would definitely make use of that.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

@GrimSkald said:
    Am I the only one disappointed that Peter Parker was given an extra feeder before Venomsaurus even got one? Sure, they took away that feeder, but at this point it's been actual months since the "coming soon" for Venomsaurus' feeder. How is that possibly "soon?"

I am still totally sure that they're going to "un-limit" all the limited guys as part of the anniversary and have Devil Dino feed him.

I have zero proof of this, and no particular reason to believe they'll do it, but I'm 100% convinced it'll happen.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@GrimSkald said:

I am still totally sure that they're going to "un-limit" all the limited guys as part of the anniversary and have Devil Dino feed him.

I have zero proof of this, and no particular reason to believe they'll do it, but I'm 100% convinced it'll happen.

This one time on Discord....

Ice actually said it was a consideration to unlimit Devil Dino (not the others) but the decision had not been made. So maybe? I think it might happen which makes me wonder if a new limited character might land for Anniversary this year. Dunno whether a 5 or a 4 falls for release then which would influence.

• allen_koholic
    Options

@DrClever said:

@allen_koholic said:
    What’s the point of focusing on a stunned opponent?

If you're up against a team with one stronger member (often happens in PvE with one tile mover + goons, and in lower level PvP with one 5*) then it can be good to put them out of action temporarily with a stun, and then permanently as quickly as you can.

My alt account that is at 3-4 transition would definitely make use of that.

A cheap spammable 4 turn stun is effectively taking them out though.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

Make her the exception to bosses not being stunnable, and then we might have something here. Otherwise, meh.

• WhiteBomber
    WhiteBomber Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've only been here for a few months, and I would sometimes read comments about characters and think to myself "wow, the people here can be pretty bitter, disgruntled, entitled or rude". I would tell myself "I can't imagine getting to that point", but then... then, this character happened, and something triggered in me "I get it... I think I understand".

This is however a discussion surrounding this character, so I think it is at least fair to share feelings (while really trying to be sincere / not rude and thoughtful).

That being said, this character feels so, so very uninspired, and again like a cash grab. Though I have already mentioned elsewhere the severe lack of usefulness surrounding the entire 4* tier, the previous new 4star releases were at least kind of interesting, or perhaps added something new. Peni however just feels like a copy paste abilities from other (better) characters and slapped some cool art on it, so not only is she crippled by her 4star status, but she doesn't bring anything fun or new to this game.

I acknowledge she is not the worst character in the tier, I understand that there are other characters who are similarly as drab, and that these opinions are my own. It could partially be because I am one of the ones who will regularly buy things to feel like I am supporting the growth of this game and the studio, but this character feels like an insult to my 1000 coins to put her in my roster.

• entrailbucket
    Options

...every single character they've ever released is a cash grab. This entire game is a cash grab. It's never pretended to be anything but -- this is not new information.

You can either accept it, as most of us have, or move on.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    ...every single character they've ever released is a cash grab. This entire game is a cash grab. It's never pretended to be anything but -- this is not new information.

To be fair, the new devs basically put the for money offers on steroids when they came on. I would argue it's more of a cash grab now as a result.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

To be fair, the new devs basically put the for money offers on steroids when they came on. I would argue it's more of a cash grab now as a result.

Someone's going to have to define "cash grab" more specifically then, because as far as I can tell, the goal of this game has always been to sell stuff to players on an ongoing basis (as opposed to other games where you pay $50 or whatever up front and you're done). This game has always sold competitive advantages, too -- not just cosmetics or whatever. I remember paying money for Nick Fury covers back in 2014.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@GrimSkald said:

This one time on Discord....

Ice actually said it was a consideration to unlimit Devil Dino (not the others) but the decision had not been made. So maybe? I think it might happen which makes me wonder if a new limited character might land for Anniversary this year. Dunno whether a 5 or a 4 falls for release then which would influence.

You could be right, if they un-limit Devil Dino then he would be a good feeder for Venomsaurus

• allen_koholic
    Options

I wouldn’t say she’s a cash grab. I would say that’s uninspired, poorly-thought-out design though. Which seems be the case more often than not with the recent releases.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

Someone's going to have to define "cash grab" more specifically then, because as far as I can tell, the goal of this game has always been to sell stuff to players on an ongoing basis (as opposed to other games where you pay $50 or whatever up front and you're done). This game has always sold competitive advantages, too -- not just cosmetics or whatever. I remember paying money for Nick Fury covers back in 2014.

I'm simply noting the measurable increase in the number of for $ packs available on the offers tab. Once the new devs took over, the number of options at least tripled. I have 6 $ options on my offers tab right now.

They also advertise them like crazy with popups when you start the game or click into a new event screen.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

I'm simply noting the measurable increase in the number of for $ packs available on the offers tab. Once the new devs took over, the number of options at least tripled. I have 6 $ options on my offers tab right now.

They also advertise them like crazy with popups when you start the game or click into a new event screen.

Also constant HP sales.
    We used to get them twice a year, now they're monthly.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Borstock said:

@entrailbucket said:

Also constant HP sales.
    We used to get them twice a year, now they're monthly.

Roster slot sales on the other hand...