Reusable Team-ups? New feature, or bug?

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,635 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    So far the team ups that are playing up have all been sort'a useless or inconsequential.

I found 3* She Hulk's Furious Charge somewhat annoying.

I guess as you say stuns would be tedious, but what's the worst option out there to have fired twice or not in a row? And has anyone encountered it yet?

Anything involving AP draining would be super annoying, anything that makes people go airbourne and definitely Shulkie and Bowgentle's examples.

• Joe4521
    Joe4521 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options

It is not too fun having Spider-Man team ups place crit tiles over and over again when you are against boosted 5s. I barely survived the match and only won because I got a lucky cascade.

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:
    So far the team ups that are playing up have all been sort'a useless or inconsequential.

I guess as you say stuns would be tedious, but what's the worst option out there to have fired twice or not in a row? And has anyone encountered it yet?

Penance Stare, Polaris, Deadly Hands... There's a few that come to mind.

Deadly Hands? This got me to thinking since no one has ever asked for it. Is it giftable? Of course since combo points would be 0, it would just be placing a single crit tile right? The first two would be brutal for sure though.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've wiped due to Penance Stare TU more often than just about anything else. When you're running 650+ characters, fighting 650+ characters, the numbers get really big. If I've downed two enemy characters I might've done 700,000 damage.

The AI doing that much damage on one cast of a team-up really shouldn't happen -- they should remove it from the AI's rotation.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I’m pretty sure you can’t give Shang Chi as a team up so Deadly Hands wouldn’t be able to be used by the AI

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1* spidey then.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wait till its gamma power bomb fired repeatedly.

KGB

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DrClever said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Penance Stare, Polaris, Deadly Hands... There's a few that come to mind.

While I'd also give Penance Stare the #1 position, I'd like to shout out 3-star Loki's Illusions. So much board swap...so many random matches. It's dirt cheap at 5 TU as well, so one activation can lead to enough TU to cast it again next turn.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

Thanosing Hulkasm and had them fire Spider-Gwen's stun 4 times. Before that, Hulk self died in a cascade and revived Chasm already, once. Stuns kept going on Thanos, my Banner's CD kept getting matched by Hulk's shake. Luckily, I didn't cascade and could hit Chasm with off colors until Banner transformed finally. Barely any health left. Pure comedy...

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options

I created a bug report. I’ve had both issues recently, enemy firing team up twice and firing team up when all are stunned.

• DAZ0273
    Options

AI just used 2* BW AP steal twice which may well just lose me this match. This needs fixing as a priority.

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

I got repeatedly stunned via a 3 star Spidey TU. And the extra ones have more web tiles so are longer.

• Jash735
    Jash735 Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options

Can the developers, please address this bug! I just played a match where the enemy fired Loki’s illusions team up 12 DAMN times!

• Zeebasaur
    Zeebasaur Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options

I've been playing the game since the year it came out, so if anyone thinks using the TU multiple times may have been a thing I can confidently say it wasn't.

I'll say that for the story outside of DDQ it can add a little extra challenge.

But for DDQ I expect to steamroll that, not get caught in a battle with Loki Doc Ock Human Torch with a Puck TU where I can wait forever on the AIs turn because they shuffle the board at least twice, RNG into huge cascades and if they need just a little more AP for next turn TU SEVEN TIMES IN THE FIGHT!

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

I really enjoyed using Polaris/BRB with the opponent being able to repeatedly use a Throg "Zip Zap Zip" TU every turn while they were stunned!

• Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options

WHY ARENT WE GETTING ANY ANSWER ABOUT THIS?? IS IT A BUG OR ARE GONNA GET REPEATEDLY HIT WITH MULTIPLE TEAMUPS EVERY TINYKITTY MATCH???

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Kaazz said:
    WHY ARENT WE GETTING ANY ANSWER ABOUT THIS?? IS IT A BUG OR ARE GONNA GET REPEATEDLY HIT WITH MULTIPLE TEAMUPS EVERY TINYKITTY MATCH???

Maybe they fired the community manager again. Imagine addressing your playerbase. :mrgreen:

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@sambrookjm said:
    While I'd also give Penance Stare the #1 position, I'd like to shout out 3-star Loki's Illusions. So much board swap...so many random matches. It's dirt cheap at 5 TU as well, so one activation can lead to enough TU to cast it again next turn.

I just had the AI fire three Loki Illusions team-up in one match. And none of them resulted in a match, a la Quake's Green. I didn't know how to react.

• DAZ0273
    Options

We are meant to be getting a new community manager in September - I think MPQBlaine is just a fill-in which perhaps explains the patchy amounts of information posted if they are covering this on top of their other job(s). The Devs otherwise gonna Dev.