Reusable Team-ups? New feature, or bug?

Options
sambrookjm
sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

I was running the Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D 5-star node with Kingpin, and the AI team had Elektra's Double-Double Cross as their team-up. The got 8 AP, activated it, and lost their 8 Team-up AP. A few turns later, they had 8 more team-up AP...and activated it again. It happened a third time, at which point I finally caught on and thought something was going wrong.

The same thing happened on the 4-star node with Cloak and Dagger, when they used Moondragon's Moonlight Dispersal to split up Cloak and Dagger's attack tiles twice.

I'm assuming this is a bug in the new release? Or can we now reuse team-ups as many times as we want in a fight?

Comments

• Adric1123
    Adric1123 Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

I'm pretty sure the AI has always (since I've been playing) had 1 reusable teamup.

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

"It is not a bug but an undocumented feature."

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

More seriously, I have seen occurence of double use of TU by AI but very rarely. It's must be a bug.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I saw this happen once last week but on my side in DDQ

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

@sambrookjm said:
    I was running the Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D 5-star node with Kingpin, and the AI team had Elektra's Double-Double Cross as their team-up. The got 8 AP, activated it, and lost their 8 Team-up AP. A few turns later, they had 8 more team-up AP...and activated it again. It happened a third time, at which point I finally caught on and thought something was going wrong.

The same thing happened on the 4-star node with Cloak and Dagger, when they used Moondragon's Moonlight Dispersal to split up Cloak and Dagger's attack tiles twice.

I'm assuming this is a bug in the new release? Or can we now reuse team-ups as many times as we want in a fight?

I was playing a Lightning Round PVP, and noticed it. The AI fired his Team-Up three times in total. This is the first time I have seen the AI do this. It’s always been one and done.

And the craziest thing about this was one of TeamUp the AI fired was when two characters on the opposing team were downed, and the last guy was stunned by me. So somehow the AI was able use a Team-Up while his characters were all inactive! ****?

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

Happened to me during the lightning round that just completed. AI fired the TU twice.

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Happened to me in two different DDQ nodes, and I think maybe in the Simulator sub 1 Challenge Node. Not sure about the latter, because I might have just gotten confused due to how long it took for each clear, but seeing Adaptive Clothing fired 4 times in one node and twice in another without AntiVenom anywhere in sight was pretty hard to miss.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It happened to me in the Class of 2016 PVP. The AI fired "Avengers Assemble" three turns in a row. Took me out completely.

I think it's new, I've never seen that happen before.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

Also noticed during The Hunt that the cd tile dropped by the Sniper didn't trigger Dr. Strange's passive.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Also noticed during The Hunt that the cd tile dropped by the Sniper didn't trigger Dr. Strange's passive.

So, hilariously, that is not a bug. Strange only fires his power if the enemy casts something, and Sniper's tile is a passive ability (go check, I'll wait...see! you didn't realize that till right now!)

• WilliamK1983
    edited August 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

So, hilariously, that is not a bug. Strange only fires his power if the enemy casts something, and Sniper's tile is a passive ability (go check, I'll wait...see! you didn't realize that till right now!)

You're right, I didn't know a cd tile could produce a passive ability. Any other enemies or playable characters have a cd as a passive?

• entrailbucket
    Options

Detonate is one (on the Brotherhood goons) but that's a little more obvious.

I think the HAMMER explosives expert and detonator guy are passives, but we don't see them too often so I forget.

The new goons like AIM or whatever have passives, but their stuff doesn't make sense to me anyway.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Were the AIM guys just an attempt to slow down gameplay with that moving repeater tile? I don't know what the tiles actually do other than zip around the place!

I had the 'opponent uses team up despite being stunned', which also led to a stale board shake after the team up fired, rather than the shake happening at beginning of turn - no idea if that's normal on AI turn but it stood out as odd

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Captain_Trips88 said:
    Were the AIM guys just an attempt to slow down gameplay with that moving repeater tile? I don't know what the tiles actually do other than zip around the place!

I had the 'opponent uses team up despite being stunned', which also led to a stale board shake after the team up fired, rather than the shake happening at beginning of turn - no idea if that's normal on AI turn but it stood out as odd

Was it a goon who used the TU while the tile movers were stunned? They can do that!

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'm pretty sure it was a 3 tile mover team, because it stood out as odd - I'm used to the goons firing them at any time! To be honest, the game is riddled with bugs at the moment it just feels normal for there to be something!

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,010 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The enemy team in pve hit me with an Ares green team up and then the next turn hit me with it again. Definitely thought that was odd.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

You're right, I didn't know a cd tile could produce a passive ability. Any other enemies or playable characters have a cd as a passive?

3* Scarlett Witch drops a countdown with her blue passive.
    3* Falcon passively replaces enemy special tiles with a countdown if you have enough blue.
    4* Hulk (Totally Awesome) passively drops a countdown.
    4* Wasp passively drops countdown tiles with enough blue stored.
    5* Hulk (Bruce Banner) passively drops a countdown after he gets enough green to transform.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Captain_Trips88 said:

Was it a goon who used the TU while the tile movers were stunned? They can do that!

They used a team up on me with two enemies dead, and the last one stunned.
    I've never seen that before.
    I just have to believe this is not intended behaviour.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@bladewing said:

@sambrookjm said:

I was playing a Lightning Round PVP, and noticed it. The AI fired his Team-Up three times in total. This is the first time I have seen the AI do this. It’s always been one and done.

And the craziest thing about this was one of TeamUp the AI fired was when two characters on the opposing team were downed, and the last guy was stunned by me. So somehow the AI was able use a Team-Up while his characters were all inactive! ****?

AI firing a TU while stunned happened to me tonight in PvE. Same thing too, down to last opponent.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yea i just had a PvP match where SC was the only one left and some how the AI had 2 Human Torch green repeaters on the board and confused the hell out of me how they were able to pull off that maneuver