**** Mister Negative (Martin Li) ****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited November 2023 in Character Details

Mister Negative (Martin Li)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Villains, Darkforce, Lightforce, Street Level, Enhanced

"As a wealthy and widely hailed philanthropist, the man known as Martin Li uses his financial resources to help those in need. But in his other identity, that of the ruthless underworld figure Mister Negative, he uses his extradimensional energy powers to corrupt anything he touches as the leader of a criminal empire."

Abilities listed at level 70/270/370
Health: 4038/14956/30626

Deified Organizer - 7 Yellow AP
Martin always knows how best to help his community. Mister Negative knows best how to dismantle it. If there are 6 or fewer Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles on the board, create 3 strength 37 tiles in the tile type that has the fewest (prioritizing Protect, then Strike) and revert to Martin Li. Then if there are more than 6, destroy all Strike, Attack, and Protect tiles, dealing damage equal to 85% of their total strength and change to Mister Negative. Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.
If used while Mister Negative, deal 10% more damage.
(PASSIVE) While Martin Li, tiles he creates are empowered by 10%.
270: Strength 45 tiles | 370: Strength 93 tiles

• Level 2: Create strength 63 tiles. Deal damage equal to 110% tile strength. Increase tile strength by 20%. Increase damage by 20%.
    • 270: Strength 63 tiles | 370: Strength 130 tiles
  • Level 3: Create strength 74 tiles. Deal damage equal to 135% tile strength. Increase tile strength by 25%. Increase damage by 25%.
    • 270: Strength 86 tiles | 370: Strength 176 tiles
  • Level 4: Create 3 strength 83 tiles. Deal damage equal to 165% tile strength. Increase tile strength by 35%. Increase damage by 35%.
    • 270: Strength 99 tiles | 370: Strength 204 tiles
  • Level 5: Create strength 93 tiles. Deal damage equal to 225% tile strength. Increase tile strength by 50%. Increase damage by 50%.
    • 270: Strength 126 tiles | 370: Strength 259 tiles

Analyzed Stats - Blue Passive
(PASSIVE) Martin Li does his research, knowing exactly how to build an empire. Mister Negative crushes known opponents to nothingness. While comporting as Martin Li, Li takes 10% damage from matches and abilities and at the start of his turn, gains 1 AP in one of his strongest colors. While Mister Negative, he deals 10% bonus match damage and at the start of his turn improves all friendly Strike and Attack tiles by 10% of his current Level.
If he has taken more than 25% damage since changing into Mister Negative, he changes to Martin Li and creates 2 strength 37 Fortified Protect tiles. This cannot be disabled by status effects.
270: Strength 45 tiles | 370: Strength 93 tiles

• Level 2: Martin Li takes 15% reduced damage. Mister Negative deals 15% increased match damage and improves tiles by 15% of his current level. Create strength 63 tiles.
    • 270: Strength 63 tiles | 370: Strength 130 tiles
  • Level 3: Martin Li takes 20% reduced damage. Mister Negative deals 20% increased match damage and improves tiles by 20% of his current level. Create strength 74 tiles.
    • 270: Strength 86 tiles | 370: Strength 176 tiles
  • Level 4: Martin Li takes 25% reduced damage. Mister Negative deals 30% increased match damage and improves tiles by 30% of his current level. Create strength 83 tiles.
    • 270: Strength 99 tiles | 370: Strength 204 tiles
  • Level 5: Martin Li takes 30% reduced damage. Mister Negative deals 50% increased match damage and improves tiles by 50% of his current level. Create strength 93 tiles.
    • 270: Strength 126 tiles | 370: Strength 259 tiles

Reversed Tenet - 5 Black AP
Mister Negative can make all that you thought was correct reprehensible in the blink of an eye. If Martin is active, he becomes Mister Negative. Create a fortified 5-turn Black Countdown tile on the board. While this tile exists, 5% of the damage dealt by the target is instead dealt to a random enemy. When the tile expires, the target deals 5% of their current health to all of their allies. If no allies exist, they deal 50% of this damage to themselves.
270: N/A / 370: N/A

• Level 2: Reflect 10% of the target’s damage. Deal 10% of the target’s current health.
    • 270: N/A / 370: N/A
  • Level 3: Reflect 20% of the target’s damage. Deal 15% of the target’s current health.
  • Level 4: Creates a 4-turn tile. Reflect 35% of the target’s damage. Deal 20% of the target’s current health.
  • Level 5: Reflect 50% of the target’s damage. Deal 40% of the target’s current health.

Feeder Update

Release Events

Story
The Hunt - 8/10 - 8/14
Mister Negative (Martin Li) Covers and Shards in Placement rewards, Event Token in Progression rewards

Simulator - 8/14 - 8/17
Mister Negative (Martin Li) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus
No Good News - Hawkeye (Hawkguy) - 8/10 - 8/14
Mister Negative (Martin Li) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Dual Nature Brawl - Mister Negative - 8/13 - 8/17
Mister Negative (Martin Li) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
Mister Negative & Foes Vault - 8/13 - 8/17
80 Item Vault:
3x 4-Stars - 1x Spider-Man (Oscorp), Cloak & Dagger (Classic), 1x Random 4-Star
7x Tokens - 1x Legendary token, 1x Mighty Token, 2x Heroic Tokens, 3x Beginner Support tokens
6x Iso-8 - 1x 5,000 Iso-8, 2x 2,500 Iso-8, 3x 1,000 Iso-8
15x 3-Stars - 3x Spider-Man (Classic), 12x Random 3-Star
49x 2-Stars - 10x Black Widow (Original), 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

Here's Mister Negative in his Martin Li form, for comparison.

• dxanders
    dxanders Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited August 2023
    Options

I like the theming there, but hard to know how he'll play in practice. For those who don't want to read:

Yellow is a polaris-killer (plus nuke assister possibly?) that destroys all SAP tiles and does damage based on their power.

Passive shifts between offense-boost and defense-boost, with the latter triggered after taking x damage.

Black creates a CD that reflects splash damage from enemy attacks and offers bonus splash on expiration (with bonus splash damage from targeting high-HP tanks). It doubles as a tank buster if only one enemy is left.

I'd guess there might be utility against OR and Hevo as well?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can we stop doing new releases with 48-hr subs? The Hunt is annoying enough

• Punisher5784
    edited August 2023
    Options

I can't wait to see how he works paired with Polaris/BRB.. if there is a board of protect tiles, use his yellow to destroy the tiles and gain all the AP while dealing all that damage seems crazy to me

• dxanders
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    I can't wait to see how he works paired with Polaris/BRB.. if there is a board of protect tiles, use his yellow to destroy the tiles and gain all the AP while dealing all that damage seems crazy to me

The description states you don't gain AP from the tiles (and damage is scaled to SAP strength).

• Punisher5784
    edited August 2023
    Options

@dxanders said:

@Punisher5784 said:

The description states you don't gain AP from the tiles (and damage is scaled to SAP strength).

I'm not referring to AP from destroying the tile normally, I'm referring to BRB's passive for destroying protect tiles. Idc how much damage Negative ability does because Polaris' passive will also do damage for each tile and recreate the tiles. It seems too good to be true

• dxanders
    edited August 2023
    Options

I'm curious to see how black works with AoE damage. Is all the damage applied to everyone added together and then reflected back on a single enemy?

e.g. if the cd is on the board and Juggs does 5k damage to everyone, is that reflected back to juggs' teammate as x% (up to 50) of 15k?

• dxanders
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@dxanders said:

@Punisher5784 said:

I'm not referring to AP from destroying the tile normally, I'm referring to BRB's passive for destroying protect tiles. Idc how much damage Negative ability does because Polaris' passive will also do damage for each tile and recreate the tiles. It seems too good to be true

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the explanation!

• dxanders
    Options

Also curious if splash damage is calculated before or after adjusting for Li's defensive boost.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@dxanders said:

@Punisher5784 said:

My thought's exactly. He makes a perfect 3rd for her and BRB esp since you get an active Yellow/Black outlet which they lack. The only downside to his Yellow is you can only use it once because then you lose at the protects (unless you fire BRB's Blue from the Blue AP you gain and wait for protects to be made) but you'll gain lots of strikes from firing her Blue for the stuns.

His Black passive reads to me that it protects the entire team and not just him from the damage. Of course it only applies to 1 enemy but in lots of cases there is only 1 tile mover in PvE and in PvP often 1 character is doing most of the tanking/damage to you.

Even the Blue passive is really good for them. In Mr Negative form he improves all SAPs by 50% of his level so at L270 thats +135 a turn. A solid increase at 4* level but clearly nothing like Kitty's 5* passive.

Hardest part will be keeping track of when you will be Martin or Mr Negative and when you change. It appears the only way to become Mr Negative is via firing Yellow or Black unless I missed another way.

KGB

P.S. Because part of his Yellow changes his form, does that mean Yellow can't be used as a TU? Otherwise would be a handy TU to get rid of all SAPs on the board.

• Punisher5784
    edited August 2023
    Options

@KGB said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@dxanders said:

@Punisher5784 said:

My thought's exactly. He makes a perfect 3rd for her and BRB esp since you get an active Yellow/Black outlet which they lack. The only downside to his Yellow is you can only use it once because then you lose at the protects (unless you fire BRB's Blue from the Blue AP you gain and wait for protects to be made) but you'll gain lots of strikes from firing her Blue for the stuns.

Hardest part will be keeping track of when you will be Martin or Mr Negative and when you change. It appears the only way to become Mr Negative is via firing Yellow or Black unless I missed another way.

KGB

You wouldn't lose the Protect Tiles because Polaris would recreate them, like she does when you destroy them with 1* Juggs or 5* She Hulk. It won't be a winfinite like the green-powered pairings, but you could easily stun-lock the enemy team.

Also, yes he turns to Mr. Negative with black or yellow and 6 SAP tiles, which can easily be accomplished

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

@KGB said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@dxanders said:

@Punisher5784 said:

Polaris should make more after he destroys them, allowing you to cast yellow repeatedly.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2023
    Options

Simulator - 8/14 - 8/17

Wa-hey - that was fast work by the Devs!

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I dunno how you plan anything coz this guy sounds like complete chaos in practice constantly changing back and forth depending on board conditions that might be out of your control. "Works with Polaris & BRB" is a bit of a sad bar to aspire to these days and I really don't think she needs help to stun people. So yeah he sounds made up for that team but it is hardly a team that was struggling. I think this guy potentially makes SHIELD Sim worst for some 4* players who don't have a BRB. I guess we shall see.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

Status Designation: NOT a liability with PolGrocket when he is the 4E in PVE.

Great! That's all I need to know.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Options

We need more symbols, less words. Like a little sword/shield/fist instead of the strike/protect/attack. Maybe a black/white bar or circle (or some small symbol more thematic to mr negative, +/- ?) instead of naming him multiple times in ONE power lol.

I'm not saying go to 100% symbols, I hate games like that (7 wonders gah!), but there could be a lot of abbreviating this way. Imagine how much bigger mThor's text would be if there was a key(symbol?) for charged tiles, and destroy.