MPQ Developer Q&A July 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
edited August 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi everyone!

The Fan Favorite Celebration has started strong! Time to field your monthly questions for the developer!

July Developer Q&A Google Form:
https://mpq.social/devqa

If you don't have a Google account, please post your question in the thread and a friendly neighborhood Iso hunter may swoop in and help out.

1. Max 1 Questions:
    To ensure that we're able to answer as many questions as possible, questions are limited to 1 per player and a maximum of 250 characters.
  2. Copy Questions to original Q&A thread:
    To avoid duplicate questions, we kindly ask that you post your question in this month's Q&A forum thread to display them publicly for others to see here.
  3. Deadline to submit questions:
    12pm PST/8pm BST on July 30th
  4. Answers posted:
    Week of August1st

Best,
MPQBlaine

Tagged:

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Before a character is reworked, does your team consider the implications for PvE?
    IE 5* Kingpin now can hit very hard in some PvE's and can be difficult to manage sometimes.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Could the devs build a "fail-safe" version of the game where Story & Campaign could be played offline indefinitely instead of just someday shutting the servers off and losing everything?
    I want you to be successful, but online games never last forever...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,805 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wondered whether there was an updates on new Story mode events upcoming anytime soon - tied to this what do the team think about 48 hour subs? Is there anyway we could have these not featured in new events and maybe even removed from current ones?

• Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is there any plans to include characters linked to Mojoworld ?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    I wondered whether there was an updates on new Story mode events upcoming anytime soon - tied to this what do the team think about 48 hour subs? Is there anyway we could have these not featured in new events and maybe even removed from current ones?

What's more bizarre, without the 48 hour node in Grocket, we wouldn't have had PVE overlap with the Boss.
    Now we have a full day overlap.

• Jellybat
    Jellybat Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options

We have Hood & multiple other Strange-related characters. Is there a future for Dormammu in 5* land?

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

Could there be a plan for older 5 star characters to be easier to acquire? Maybe after some threshold of X amount of years old, they could get extra shards? My silver surfer is sad...

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 115 Tile Toppler
    Options

Apart from special occasions, is there any chance of Double/increased ISO events to occur more often? It seems like a very long in between time when these do occur currently. Thank you!

• UnityGamer
    UnityGamer Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options

What is the process for creating and deciding on powers for new characters? Were there any powers that were dropped or handed over to another character for one reason or another?

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

Is there a plan to allow a purchase of more than 5 boosts at a time?

• CouchPanda
    CouchPanda Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options

can you share some insight into the figures which were thought up to use for the community event(s) as weve had 2 recently which seemed really out of reach, I may be wrong on this but this latest one looks to me as if we need 3,250,000 team ups used disregarding the 'bonus' amounts to achieve the highest tier. Even after the adjustment Blaine updated us on it seems miles off the pace and may affect engagement in future community events

• Kiko131713
    Kiko131713 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Is there any plans to increase the amount of iso 8 earned? My biggest resource of iso8 was farming my 3 stars, but with a release of a new 3 stars hero every few weeks, it’s been impossible to save covers. Most of them go to the new hero, and it’s getting harder and harder to champ 3 stars. A new resource of iso8 would be appreciated.

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options

My most requested UI feature is more slots for saved teams. While this has been touched on in previous Q&As there didn't seem to be a timeline for this. Are there any changes to that, might we see more slots in 2023?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,334 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Why do we keep having to pay 10 ISO to skip the same players in PVP? At some point, you get high enough that there are the same five yet you keep having to pay ISO to skip them over and over again. Is there some way you only pay the 10 ISO skip once?

• jeffsterz
    jeffsterz Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited July 2023
    Options

I’d like to be able to hold more boosts in my inventory, or be able to buy more than 5 at a time. Can we ever expect this to happen?

I’d really really love it if actual point refreshes were accurate in PvP. I hate when I pull someone listed for 40+ points only to have them give me like 10, after skipping a few people to find that 40+ one. It’s a drag. The points should refresh properly by the time they show up on my screen for the first time.

As someone else asked, I’d love to see more saved team slots.

• Punzaman
    Punzaman Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

Would you consider letting us see more of the player and alliance leaderboards? Even being able to "page through" 20 at a time would be useful. I would love to see how friendly and not-so-friendly players/alliances are doing.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punzaman said:
    Would you consider letting us see more of the player and alliance leaderboards? Even being able to "page through" 20 at a time would be useful. I would love to see how friendly and not-so-friendly players/alliances are doing.

Seconded. This would be extraordinarily useful for score suppression and revenge-targeting one's enemies.

This discussion has been closed.