Current boost week discussion

Options

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, let's see how all the "Chasm isn't even a problem anymore!!!" takes age after 3 events of boosted Abigail and Sersi.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have taken H Ev, Abigail Brand into the Magneto PvP and am disappointed that I can't get Magneto above 98k health.

• 658_2
    658_2 Posts: 223 Tile Toppler
    Options

Daredevil’s kit is still great. Given all the other characters that need work and the glacial pace of rebalances, I could see him not getting a buff until his Disney+ show hits in (probably now) 2025, but he really just needs a quick numbers adjustment. In an ideal world, the cost of his green would come down to 9 or less, but that’d be gravy.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Boosted Daredevil +MThor is a whole lot of fun once you get his green out. I've got 30k ish damage being done whenever the board shuffle goes off, with a replacement added, can rack up multiple triggers per turn and just eat through opponent's health.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,140 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BurntOutGamer said:
    This seems like a Hulk/Chasm week

So business as normal, pretty much? :(

Abagail/5witch is a team that it takes a long time to play with/against. Damage reduction from 5Witch, and healing each time her repeater goes off, courtesy of Abagail.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,249 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’ve been running Daredevil/Iceman a lot in pick 2. Boosted that hits pretty hard on cascades, and Iceman’s damage reduction actually works well since the threshold is lower unboosted.

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

Forgot how good sersi is when boosted
    Shes a monster

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options

I've been using Abigail and 5witch. Not a good team by any means... But they're so annoying to fight against because they drag stuff out. It's my best defense... Annoyance!

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Jimsta_rooney said:
    Shes a monster

Her kit has always been a great 3rd wheel for just about team. She is great for suppressing or targeting specific colors of ap, rewards one handsomely for match 5s, and eveb makes them happen via tile spawning. She is generally just great to have around for almost any partner. But she was overshadowed by SC's release around the same time and never quite got the appreciation she deserves. No surprise she excels when boosted.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,140 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jimsta_rooney said:
    Shes a monster

She is my least covered 5-star (3/1/1), not including Venomsaurus. She is currently my favored 5-star to get her up some extra levels, and Black Knight is my Favored 4-star to help with that. Since Black Knight doesn't have a 3-star feeder, it's going to take a LONG time to get her to somewhere useful.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jimsta_rooney said:
    Shes a monster

She used to be my slot in partner...but then Wong came along.

I love Sersi and I use her every Puzzle Gauntlet. But, her team value kind of fell off and she doesn't scale. A 450 Sersi is no better than a 550 Sersi at the things that matter.

Still she is great and was probably undervalued until a few months ago.

• Jimsta_rooney
    Jimsta_rooney Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

@dianetics said:

@Jimsta_rooney said:
    Shes a monster

She used to be my slot in partner...but then Wong came along.

I love Sersi and I use her every Puzzle Gauntlet. But, her team value kind of fell off and she doesn't scale. A 450 Sersi is no better than a 550 Sersi at the things that matter.

Still she is great and was probably undervalued until a few months ago.

I dunno...
    Mines a baby and making a 4.5k strike/protect/attack every turn is pretty great.
    Would love to see what a 672 sersis numbers are.
    Yeah,shes been an mvp quite a few times in puzzle gauntlet as well.

• dianetics
    Options

I use her for board manipulation and am happy with the extra match 5 damage.
    I never worried about her specials though, and I never even looked how big they were.
    I used to put her with heroes that did not have a partner. Now Wong is that guy.
    I still like and use her sparingly though.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,249 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

She is very good with Daredevil if you have him in a health state where he is making strikes - use her green to either create purple for him to use or on yellow to buff his strikes (or hers, it’s just that his are always yellow so you can catch a bunch at once).

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

So no 5 stars boosted this week?

• entrailbucket
    Options

Obviously this is meant to show us what the game was like back in 2013 -- 100% Chasm/Hulk teams.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,097 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Obviously this is meant to show us what the game was like back in 2013 -- 100% Chasm/Hulk teams.

Unless the new Dev team changes things up, past class of events have locked out every character that isn't part of the class. So I expect class of 2013 will be 100% xforce wolvie and invisible woman.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@entrailbucket said:

Unless the new Dev team changes things up, past class of events have locked out every character that isn't part of the class. So I expect class of 2013 will be 100% xforce wolvie and invisible woman.

I don't remember now, honestly. I feel like they've done it with lockouts and without in the past.

If the event does lock out everyone post-2013, expect a thread to show up here, from someone who doesn't normally post, that's just full of massive, massive salt from the Chasm-only hoarder crew.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Everybody else is locked out, so Wolverine & IW time.

• dianetics
    Options

A 2013 event would be torture.
    Maybe all 2013 tons are boosted? If they are it won’t change much.