Current boost week discussion

Options
BurntOutGamer
BurntOutGamer Posts: 18 Just Dropped In

A thread to comment on the current boost week.

Currently boosted 5*s are Apoc, ProfX, Storm and She-Hulk. Gets 5⭐️ from me.

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,806 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's a very nice boost week, if they had swapped out Storm for Onslaught it would have been extra hilarious but can't gripe.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Whatever happened to the "Week XX: boost list" threads" from like a year ago? Got boring once they started repeating?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,620 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

No complaints. Fun group.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Whatever happened to the "Week XX: boost list" threads" from like a year ago? Got boring once they started repeating?

Probably like how we stopped doing the Crash thread. It has got to a point where there is nothing to say apart from now and again like 4* Prof last Monday.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 786 Critical Contributor
    Options

Enjoying it as well. First time Apoc has been boosted since I champed him about two months ago.

• BurntOutGamer
    Options

I guess Okoye-Magik will rule pvp this week

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options

@BurntOutGamer said:

Will Magik be a good partner to Okoye or is it just because they're both god boosted?

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 619 Critical Contributor
    Options

Magik's repeaters boosted by Okoye should be pretty effective.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,097 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@MultipleMan98 said:

@BurntOutGamer said:

Will Magik be a good partner to Okoye or is it just because they're both god boosted?

Magik does a bunch of passive damage and okoye will boost every tick of passive damage magik does.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

@BriMan2222 said:

@MultipleMan98 said:

@BurntOutGamer said:

Magik does a bunch of passive damage and okoye will boost every tick of passive damage magik does.

Magik does a lot of damage ticks, so they will be good in that sense, but they both want to tank, so it's not the best pairing.

Magik does bonus damage when she makes matches.
    Okoye wants to be in front because she loses team-up AP if she's not. Since she uses the team-up AP to boost damage, losing it weakens the boosting. Also, Okoye can heal herself.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Okoye is probably the best booster for Magik. Even when they aren't boosted they are decent.
    Apoc fills the board with repeaters which can encroach on Magik's repeaters. Emma and 5witch do a percentage boosts, so not great for her little hits.
    Just get around 6 team up and her repeaters and matches will start doing pretty heavy damage.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    Options

Magik Emma more effective than Magik okoye.

Magik's match passive won't happen if you are matching TU. You really want to be matching Magik colors only... which decreases okoye effectiveness

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

I use Magik Okoye Emma, and Okoye gives a lot more to Magik than Emma does.
    1 match 3 on TU will outpace Emma's boost on Magik's repeaters. After 2 TU matches the rounds are generally over.
    Match TU's first, red repeaters second, red tiles, then black.

edit** Also, the bigger your Okoye the more effective it becomes. Emma's boost does not get better as she levels up.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Okoye and Magik seemed to chop through things pretty fast in PvE but I guess Okoye + other is gonna do that this week anyway.

Electro doesn't have any bad guy buddies which is a shame for her boost week.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 580 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2023
    Options

Your problem is you're putting too much value in the repeaters. The true benefit of boosted Magik is the red passive extra damage. That extra damage gets enhanced by Emma or okoye. If you are matching teamup you forfeit that extra damage. If you're doing it right you shouldn't even be getting to two ticks of the repeaters anyways, match should be over by 2nd turn at the most.

I have all three at 550 and have experimented a lot with each of the combos. Emma is far superior in this case.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Magik and Okoye works so well for me. Okoye tanks yellow whereas Magik tanks red, black and purple.

Like what @killahKlown said, magik match passive is the true star ability. If there is a cascade, she’s cut through the opponent like a hot knife through butter. I try to match the colour in such a way that Okoye will match the first colour but subsequent cascades are on magik colours.

Oh, and I also found out that magik red destroy the special tile and it counts as ap gain. Since so many people are running magik, in a mirror match, the person who uses red first has a huge advatange, as it gives 2 red ap.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2023
    Options

@atomzed said:
    Magik and Okoye works so well for me. Okoye tanks yellow whereas Magik tanks red, black and purple.

Like what @killahKlown said, magik match passive is the true star ability. If there is a cascade, she’s cut through the opponent like a hot knife through butter. I try to match the colour in such a way that Okoye will match the first colour but subsequent cascades are on magik colours.

Oh, and I also found out that magik red destroy the special tile and it counts as ap gain. Since so many people are running magik, in a mirror match, the person who uses red first has a huge advatange, as it gives 2 red ap.

What skill gives AP?
    I'm very confused now.
    You mean her red tile destruction gives AP? I... Haven't paid attention.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    What skill gives AP?
    I'm very confused now.
    You mean her red tile destruction gives AP? I... Haven't paid attention.

The “destroy 3 special tiles” gives AP. I have never noticed it before until this pvp. Mostly it’s useless when you up against SAP spammers, cos you can’t tell which ap you are gaining. But in a mirror match it becomes very crucial.

• BurntOutGamer
    Options

This seems like a Hulk/Chasm week