Fury & Talos changes are in

Options
13»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Well, first -- yes, MPQ did work like that, before Demiurge gave up on balance completely, after Gambit.

The game was much better then, and games that try to produce a roughly balanced metagame are better than ones where everyone just uses the same character for everything forever.

I do think Thor is potentially problematic, because she completely neuters any character who has to put anything on the board. It's not as bad as Chasm, who completely neuters anyone that needs to do...anything...but I could see her becoming a problem, especially since all the hoarders 550d her too.

We can't know yet, though, because Chasm is so dominant that nobody knows what a post-Chasm meta will look like.

Your balance was 6 years and a dev change ago.

• WeaponX092
    WeaponX092 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    edited June 2023
    Options

Completely nerfed.

Its yellow power got so weak, I fired in three times and it didn't knock the target down, and now without the critical tiles.

Fury was a usable character, now she joins the useless.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@WeaponX092 said:
    Completely nerfed.

Its yellow power got so weak, I fired in three times and it didn't knock the target down, and now without the critical tiles.

To be fair, it doesn't make Fury useless- his blue still hits hard and is Vulture-feedable and his purple is also decent (might even be a tiny bit cheaper than before or is that just my imagination?). So, he's still perfectly 3/5/5 usable when boosted.

His yellow went from decent to dead though, yeah absolutely 100%.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@AlexR said:

@WeaponX092 said:
    Completely nerfed.

To be fair, it doesn't make Fury useless- his blue still hits hard and is Vulture-feedable and his purple is also decent (might even be a tiny bit cheaper than before or is that just my imagination?). So, he's still perfectly 3/5/5 usable when boosted.

His yellow went from decent to dead though, yeah absolutely 100%.

His Yellow was important. There's not many good active attacks yellows in 4* land. Yellow is either passive or defensive. His is always the one I think of.

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

okay can we get off this fury talk now? we all know now that "rework" now means they either get nerfed or buffed. Lets talk about talos now, to me he's of course wayy better and more useful now.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I like new Talos better than old Talos. Stun is pretty great now, but not good enough to put him on a team. Prefer 4* Gamora or 4* Ice Man (or Polaris...) if I'm in need of a stun as they will have more utility in more teams.

That said, I've not really looked at the other changes - it'd be handy if there was a comparison for the changes somewhere....

I had a Yellow Fury team up waiting for just the right circumstances. It has also been nerfed retrospectively which makes me sad. I should have got to keep it as a trophy like those retired Boosts that have been sat in my reserves for the last 9 years.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,164 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yeah, usually we get an announcement, and some sort of rationale for what was changed.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I haven't used Talos yet but it seems he actually does some damage now? He is still all about the stun which still makes him a bit limited if your enemy is immune but he has to be better.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

To me, he’s not about his stun. His AP stealing begins on turn 1 because he starts the match shape shifted as the enemy in front. You steal 2 AP from ANY of their top 3 colors if you make a match in any of those 3 color pools. That’s a +5 AP gain on a match 3. +6 on a match 4.

As a support, he’s improved IMMENSELY. He’s a really good battery now. Maybe even a top10 battery.

I’m gonna mess around with his match damage passive more and try to combine it with a booster or 2. It gets to the 585% rather quickly but the damage is still like a baby champed BSSM’s. I wanna see if I can get more.

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Scofie said:
    I like new Talos better than old Talos. Stun is pretty great now, but not good enough to put him on a team. Prefer 4* Gamora or 4* Ice Man (or Polaris...) if I'm in need of a stun as they will have more utility in more teams.

That said, I've not really looked at the other changes - it'd be handy if there was a comparison for the changes somewhere....

I had a Yellow Fury team up waiting for just the right circumstances. It has also been nerfed retrospectively which makes me sad. I should have got to keep it as a trophy like those retired Boosts that have been sat in my reserves for the last 9 years.

safe to say Talos has the best stun in the game now, while gamora and iceman stun one enemy for 6AP and 4-turns, talos stuns for 7ap, 4-turns, AND 2-turns to other enemies as well. And his other changes make it so that you will always have a 585% match dmg boost, and ap gain with 3 colors now instead of one

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,226 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

safe to say Talos has the best stun in the game now, while gamora and iceman stun one enemy for 6AP and 4-turns, talos stuns for 7ap, 4-turns, AND 2-turns to other enemies as well. And his other changes make it so that you will always have a 585% match dmg boost, and ap gain with 3 colors now instead of one

That's a fair point - though 1* BW is better I think, because it neutralises all enemies for at least a turn immediately. Gamora can stun 2 enemies and creates specials so it depends on the team I guess. Countdowns are a little vulnerable to MThor or matching so I'm not giving them much chance of survival

I am invested enough to look at the other powers now though, so thanks!

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,040 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Also about Talos…..

• because his bonus match damage is tacked on at moment a match is made, you can combo some boosters with it.
    • If Talos still has a transformed tile out and kills/sends away the character he is shape-shifted as he STILL steals the 2 AP from their pool.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

The match damage boost requires that Talos tanks, though. It can be tricky since his base match damage stays the same.

Stun and AP steal are much much better, so it's overall a great improvement still.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Very disappointed BC nerfed Fury the way they did. One of the more fun 4s players could use when in the 4 tier and was great when boosted. Just don't understand it, or most anything else BC is doing these days.