Fury & Talos changes are in

DrClever
DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor

Talos's stun is now almost as good as 1* BW

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah. Nick Fury’s yellow costs 6 but doesn’t give 3 crits anymore. You need 5 AP in other colors to call other avengers.

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023

Nerfing Nick Fury... another mind-boggling change.

The numbers are now pathetic, worthy of a 2*.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

@sinnerjfl said:

Only thing I can think of is the bcs avengers don't like fury and are turning up because they have to.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

seeing the perfectly measured and reasonable reactions to fury rework, I understand much better devs reluctance to change chasm with a righteous nerfhammer

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

@pepitedechocolat said:
    seeing the perfectly measured and reasonable reactions to fury rework, I understand much better devs reluctance to change chasm with a righteous nerfhammer

So you are happy with fury?

• DrClever

My "Not making unmeasured and unreasonable posts" t-shirt has people asking a lot of questions already answered by my shirt.

• DrClever

@sinnerjfl said:

I can't for the life of me remember the old numbers - do you have them anywhere?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@pepitedechocolat said:

Oh the reaction to Chasm is gonna be GREAT, it just won't be any of the usual forum posters. When they nerf somebody, like 500 players you've never heard of show up here and moan about it endlessly (it's all the Line people).

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2023

Wonder why fury got such a drastic reduction in his power. Would love a post to outline why. If it's for the better of the game, then cool. If it's too make the power equally complicated as new ones then I don't get it

• DrClever

At a guess, assuming any real thought went into it at all, I'd say that Fury was changed to be less useful for 5* players and a bit quicker to get started in his own tier.

I'd be really interested to hear from any 4* players who have been using him a lot up to now.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

could fury yellow change be in preparation of the (utterly greedy and evil) addition of supports in pvp ? I mean old fury firing yellow T1 with supports could be crippling

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

Odd to me that there isn't the usual post with the old and new powers and numbers. That was the one thing that was always done right, rebalances out and post was up. Nothing is sacred anymore

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

@pepitedechocolat said:

I’m not certain how this is a “rework.” It doesn’t add to the fun or give him more utility. It’s a nerf, full stop.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

Talos got buffed at least. He starts the match with 2 trap tiles and as the opposing character in front and can steal up to 2 AP from 3 strongest pools if you make a match in one of those pools. It can put his black up to 585% quickly. The match damage bonus is calculated on the match.

And his blue is stunnerific.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

Just imagine the energy bill for the Helicarrier.

• DrClever

@liminal_lad said:
    I’m not certain how this is a “rework.” It doesn’t add to the fun or give him more utility. It’s a nerf, full stop.

I think the yellow is more fun this way - anything that puts some of the thinking back is welcome IMO