MPQ Developer Q&A June 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Comments

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 234 Tile Toppler

There have been several characters arts in the past that seem off or just don't look like. Much like Scarlet Witch's face in the past. One example is Abomination's art which doesn't look very good.

For any characters or arts in the past who don't look their best or maybe old arts that aren't as detailed as newer ones, would it be possible to go back and edit or fix them?

• Kiko131713
    Kiko131713 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In

Since new supporters are being introduced minthky, it’s possible to create a supporter that limits the times that a caracter revives? Most teams today are Chasm, hulk and she hulk. It’s frustrating. If a supporter limited the number of revives from them, would give a better change to players to beat these teams.

• NMANOZ1
    NMANOZ1 Posts: 118 Tile Toppler

Any plans of adding 5 star shards as rewards for boss events?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kiko131713 said:
    Since new supporters are being introduced minthky, it’s possible to create a supporter that limits the times that a caracter revives? Most teams today are Chasm, hulk and she hulk. It’s frustrating. If a supporter limited the number of revives from them, would give a better change to players to beat these teams.

Kamar-taj.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@skittledaddy said:

@NMANOZ1 said:
    Any plans of adding 5 star shards as rewards for boss events?

Each boss event already gives two full covers AND 75 shards for the featured 5*. That seems sufficient to me.

I'd love to see 5* shards in PvP between 25 and 50 wins. I end up stopping at 25 but if there was 5* shards in-between, I'd do more.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler

Do you play with the idea of preventing vendettas? Like preventing players from hitting the same player five times in as many minutes? This sometimes makes the game feel a bit unfriendly and agressive...

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

@BlixTheFrog said:
    Do you play with the idea of preventing vendettas? Like preventing players from hitting the same player five times in as many minutes? This sometimes makes the game feel a bit unfriendly and agressive...

Remember "the players are (always) supposed to lose"

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

It's very odd that a mode that explicitly requires you to repeatedly attack other human players feels "unfriendly and aggressive."

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    It's very odd that a mode that explicitly requires you to repeatedly attack other human players feels "unfriendly and aggressive."

I think in the context of the question, hitting other players is fine - it's hitting the same player multiple times over and over that was the point of the question. I think limiting that isn't a bad thing in theory but will make it more difficult to find comparable matches.

I very rarely even look at or pay much attention to the names when I play PvP but I know I've hit the same person a couple of times within a few matches and I felt a little bad (because it was in the last 10 mins) but I didn't want to pay 10 Iso to skip them either so... 🙂

• Punisher5784

@Scofie said:

@entrailbucket said:

I think in the context of the question, hitting other players is fine - it's hitting the same player multiple times over and over that was the point of the question. I think limiting that isn't a bad thing in theory but will make it more difficult to find comparable matches.

I very rarely even look at or pay much attention to the names when I play PvP but I know I've hit the same person a couple of times within a few matches and I felt a little bad (because it was in the last 10 mins) but I didn't want to pay 10 Iso to skip them either so... 🙂

Sometimes you have no choice but to hit the same players though, whether because everyone around you is shielded or you're too high in score. Would it really break the game if we were able to see Shielded players?

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 97 Match Maker

@Punisher5784 said:

@Scofie said:

@entrailbucket said:

Sometimes you have no choice but to hit the same players though, whether because everyone around you is shielded or you're too high in score. Would it really break the game if we were able to see Shielded players?

It might be neat if you could see # players and hit them for points but hitting them didn't effect their score. However, they'd definitely have to make some mmr changes so it didn't result in clogging a person's qs. It would be some fun pvp chaos if they did that and also changed it so that ign's weren't shown and instead only showed the alliance name if someone belonged to the same alliance.

• Bowgentle
    edited June 2023

@Punisher5784 said:

@Scofie said:

@entrailbucket said:

Yes, it would totally break PVP.
    We had that for one event, where one player was visible, when shields were introduced.
    Everyone bounced off them for hours.
    These days you'd have people at 10k every PVP, and you could never unshield because people would never be safe from hits.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@_TrashPanda said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Scofie said:

@entrailbucket said:

It might be neat if you could see # players and hit them for points but hitting them didn't effect their score.

Isn't that just PvE?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 233 Tile Toppler

they could just remove shields and watch chaos develop! (and replace iso cost of cycling by hp cost to still drain hp from players) and remove mmr altogether, you see the 500 guys in your bracket with equal probability.

I'm pretty sure with these changes, whining would be so high that chasm nerf could wait for many more months

• Bowgentle

Yeah we've had that. No activity in pvp until the last hour. I doubt that would raise player engagement, but hey, I'm sure it's worth it just to see "whining".

Seriously, there are a lot of aspects to the game that are broken.
    PVP isn't one of them.

• HuracanDolor
    HuracanDolor Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

Are there any plans to “rebalance” Moondragon? Her ability to not take any damage at all is problematic with this revival mechanic. I can see if she was immune to “just” match damage, or “just” ability damage, but to be immune to all three will suck the fun out of PVP. (Even though we’re already there, sadly)

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 360 Mover and Shaker

Are you going to get rid of Gleam and switch to a less intrusive company to conduct your contests/giveaways?

• Punisher5784

@Bowgentle said:
    Yeah we've had that. No activity in pvp until the last hour. I doubt that would raise player engagement, but hey, I'm sure it's worth it just to see "whining".

Seriously, there are a lot of aspects to the game that are broken.
    PVP isn't one of them.

It will be broken when PvP enabled Supports. I'm not looking forward to that day

• Bowgentle

Well yeah, a different kind of broken.
    Don't worry, we'll get a few tokens for it.

This discussion has been closed.