MPQ Developer Q&A June 2023 (QUESTIONS)

Comments

• ragnarady
    ragnarady Posts: 70 Match Maker

Have you ever considered of splitting animations checkbox to active/passive/passive once per turn powers? Strange, Polaris, PX, Medusa etc sometimes are pain to deal with, though playing without animations isn't cool either.

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2023

Dealers choice 😂

1. Has any work been out into the ability to buy more than 5 boosts at a time?
    2. Any word on “support shards” or whatever the method will be to improve supports we have?
    3. Any chance to switch bonus rewards to a calendar so we don’t get the pop ups when raving through PvE?

Mod note: Edited because of format display issue. - fight4thedream

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,962 Chairperson of the Boards

Mod note: Please remember that each forum user is limited to one question, 250 character limit. We appreciate your cooperation. Thank you.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler

Why does it still feel like there’s minimal play or balance testing done prior to characters being released? Powers that are broken, interactions that are broken, etc. Given the issues, has any serious thought been given to slowing the release cadence? The honeymoon period is over.

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,962 Chairperson of the Boards

Shouldn't Chasm and iHulk have the "Supernatural" affiliation? Without getting into spoilers, both are depicted with supernatural powers in their respective storylines. The in-game character description for iHulk even mentions it. Please consider it.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,297 Chairperson of the Boards

With the 10th Anniversary coming up, are you able to share any insight into what sort of things we can expect - including whether the Day 3650 Resupply will contain something epic to look forward to?

• Vader614
    Vader614 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In

I typically play on iPad, and every time there is an update, I need to uninstall and reinstall the game. This is not an issue on my iPhone. Is this a known bug?

• Xax
    Xax Posts: 43 Just Dropped In

Can Deadpool's Daily Quest show "Event Completed" when all the nodes are done each day, the same way Welcome to Shield does?

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 27 Just Dropped In

It's nice to see the VIP awards have been upgraded, they were pretty lame previously.

Wondering if you'd considered retroactively awarding those of us who've been VIP regulars for some or many years? I get figuring out exactly what would be a chore, so perhaps a 'package' for each year going back however many years we've been VIPs? Thanks for considering.

• MgoBlue51
    MgoBlue51 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler

With the sheer amount of 5* characters, and classics getting left behind in the dust; why are they still treated as such a rare commodity? My banner hulk JUST got champed, silver surfer is still left behind. They're not really playable these days anyways, but it is sad to watch so many characters treated as the gold standard, and yet they're actually thrown in the trash. We need better or easier ways to get 5* characters

• Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker

Would it be possible for character nerfs to be implemented in specific game modes? For example, most players would agree that Chasm is problematic in PVP but not necessarily in PVE. Is it possible to implement his nerf to take effect in PVP but remains the same in PVE. Is this possible in the current game engine?

• tupacboy
    tupacboy Posts: 126 Tile Toppler

Been touched on in the past that there will be progression rewards update / supports update / buying more boosts at once ... any eta on this?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor

Who makes the choice on who gets rebalances and can someone explain why these have been 1 step forward 4 steps back?

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

Many abilities are far too text-heavy and a giant wall of text. While I'd really like them to be parsed down a lot, there's also some information I think should be added. Any possibility to cutting down the power descriptions? And if so, can you add in more important info such as who is affected? Kind of like how mThor tells you how many charged tiles are present/destroyed, would be nice if kang could tell you how much damage his purple will do. Could even be an overlay that pops up or something.

This discussion has been closed.