**** Moondragon (Heather Douglas) ****

Options

Comments

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

stun should work just fine, so grab a couple of stings from your alliance mates

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sounds like a great way to celebrate Pride Month!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,978 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Jacklag said:

@KGB said:
    and the rest of the revive meta or just anyone with exceptional match / power damage reduction (Juggs in the 4 star tier etc).

KGB

We'll have to see how her power interacts with damage reduction mechanics. If the damage not dealt to her will count as match damage or ability damage, if it will count as enemy damage or ally damage, etc.

What I meant with Juggs is that if in a pick 2 PvP (4 star land or late 3 star land obviously) if this character is paired with Juggs that you can't damage this character at all and Juggs resists 90% match damage so the only way to kill the team will be to first gather enough AP to down Juggs via powers and then down this character. In the mean time you'll be eating Juggs AOE and doing next to no damage. It might take 40+ turns if you are unlucky gathering AP.

KGB

• KGB
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

I predict a run on 1 star Widow Blue TU's.

KGB

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

Who are you going to use to nuke them though apart from Kang? Chasm will still be draining your AP and getting 3 X Team up AP is not a quick thing. Might as well just bring a Kang team.

• KGB
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

@KGB said:
    Build building up 1 character as a counter for PvP like Morbius (Sabretooth is useless vs BrB) makes no sense. His only value is PvP vs a specific team. By the time they build up the trio above for PvE it will take a year's time (one cover via favorites takes 26 LTs so covering just 1 of that trio takes ~200 LTs assuming some bonus shards/feeders and covering all 3 takes ~600 LTs) which is a TON of resources for a 3 star player transitioning to 4 / 5 star land. There is no viable path to move favorite shards on a counter until after getting that trio finished.

That's why regularly releasing new counters is needed. A newly released 4 star counter can be covered by new players in 3 months time just from regular PvE/PvP playing.

@KGB U get 4* shards from heroic, mighty, and limited token, and also from milestones for new players, and in the case of polaris/jugg u have just one feeder fot both. Besides you can get covers from spicy tacos vault with minimal hoarding and sweet tacos vault with a bit more. The above calculation is quite inaccurate.

You get 3 shards per Heroic/Mighty. That means 133 to tokens per cover. If you earn 5 a day (a very optimistic pace for 3 star players with limited rosters) it takes 26 days to earn 1 cover or roughly 1 / month.

Taco tokens are all luck. You can go months without ever seeing a specific character.

All that aside, Morbius doesn't even feed any 5 star. So champing him isn't helping you get to the end game. Anything invested in him is a dead end esp since you can shard just 1 Chasm cover and prevent BrB/Grocket from placing their tiles and get 5 star match damage down then down Polaris. He's a VERY bad investment for new players.

KGB

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2023
    Options

@KGB said:
    I disagree about this entirely. Building up Polaris via favorites makes sense because she is SO valuable in PvE. Those same players will also be building Grocket and/or Juggs to complete the PvE trio while gradually building up either Kitty or BrB for the future 5 star jump.

Build building up 1 character as a counter for PvP like Morbius (Sabretooth is useless vs BrB) makes no sense. His only value is PvP vs a specific team. By the time they build up the trio above for PvE it will take a year's time (one cover via favorites takes 26 LTs so covering just 1 of that trio takes ~200 LTs assuming some bonus shards/feeders and covering all 3 takes ~600 LTs) which is a TON of resources for a 3 star player transitioning to 4 / 5 star land. There is no viable path to move favorite shards on a counter until after getting that trio finished.

That's why regularly releasing new counters is needed. A newly released 4 star counter can be covered by new players in 3 months time just from regular PvE/PvP playing.

In this case the counter is especially good because it constantly limits SAP tiles to 4 so a cascade that creates a ton of SAPs gets removed immediately while healing the team AND doing damage to the enemy based on number of SAPs removed. Plus this character is immune to all damage so it can't be targeted first and must be stunned so that will also allow this character to form some meta teams of its own with Chasm, IHulk and the rest of the revive meta or just anyone with exceptional match / power damage reduction (Juggs in the 4 star tier etc).

KGB

I don't understand the distinction you make. If you play a lot of PvP and see the meta team a lot, it makes just as much sense building a good counter up. That character shines in PvP just as much as a good PvE character shines in PvE.

Case in point: I built the Polaris counters up via favourites. I consistently used Sabretooth in every single pvp I participated over the span of almost a year. Because there were always Polaris teams and he made climbing so much easier. That's such a valuable thing in itself. Once you have the meta, why wouldn't you focus on the primary meta counter next?

That said though, it does appear the we just disagree on a fundamental level here, so there's not much point continueing this. So let's get back on topic.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options

Welcome another member of the Guardians of the Galaxy to MPQ, the telekinetic martial artist Moondragon!

• KGB
    Options

Now that we see the numbers, that Yellow passive will wreak some serious damage vs Polaris teams (or Carnage team etc). 720 damage for every SAP in excess of 4 is a lot of damage (it's immediately 2100 vs Grockets 7 strikes if they are on the board). Plus 575 team healing per SAP too.

5/5/3 when teamed with the immortal crew since the Red passive should not proc. But with 4 star team mates who can die it might make more sense to run 5/3/5.

KGB

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,969 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If only she was stun-immune...

Oh well.

• KGB
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    If only she was stun-immune...

Oh well.

Don't worry, I am sure there will be a support you can equip that grants stun immunity by the time supports are allowed in PvP :D

KGB

• DAZ0273
    Options

We don't know the next boost list so this will be where we find one of the immortals on it in time for Moonies sure to be fun PvP...

• DAZ0273
    Options

Also does that purple passive mean she is immune to 3* Court Death? I assume she gets stunned and damaged by 5* version. So your third character takes double Court Death damage or the game just breaks?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Also does that purple passive mean she is immune to 3* Court Death? I assume she gets stunned and damaged by 5* version. So your third character takes double Court Death damage or the game just breaks?

Why not both?

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Why not both?

I suppose the same question applies to iHulk's revive team damage. I'm sure it has all been tested...

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Why not both?

I suppose the same question applies to iHulk's revive team damage. I'm sure it has all been tested...

Thoroughly.
    As always.

• DAZ0273
    Options

If she fires that purple and adds the 50% damage thing to all the other chaos that is going to be happening with people reviving, being damaged possibly dying again then reviving again this is all going to take about 25 minutes to resolve

• DAZ0273
    Options

On a different matter - did Moondragon join the Green Lantern Corps??! Why is she green and glowing?

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 578 Critical Contributor
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Since there's been no news on changes to resurrection, do we expect her launch PvP to be completely unplayable?

This character has to be killed last...if she would take any damage, she redirects it to another ally. The problem is that Chasm and Hulk also must be killed last.

So running a team of Moondragon + Chasm or Hulk would mean that it's impossible for that team to ever lose (short of Whales or Kang, I guess?)

Is that really the plan?

Ihulks team damage will likely still proc..... Right?

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

I could care less about her ability to counter Polaris.

I definitely care that her + Chasm looks effectively unbeatable without a hard stun or Kang.