**** Moondragon (Heather Douglas) ****

Options
IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
edited July 2023 in Character Details

Moondragon (Heather Douglas)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Supernatural, Cosmic, Enhanced, GotG

"Daughter to Drax the Destroyer, Heather Douglas had a difficult upbringing. After nearly dying, she became host to the malevolent Dragon of the Moon. A master martial artist by training and a powerful psychic and telekinetic via possession, Heather rises to the challenges in front of her – the most difficult of which is not falling to draconic benefactor's corrupting influence. Despite this, Moondragon adventures through the galaxy, guarding those who have no power to protect themselves."

Abilities listed at level 70/270/370
Health: 3520/13035/26692

Moonlight Dispersal - 5 Yellow AP
Moondragon divides and conquers, keeping her enemy from concentrating either strength or thoughts. Divide each enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile in half, creating a new tile of that type. If none exist, create 2 strength 1 enemy Protect tiles instead.
(PASSIVE) At the start of the turn, randomly convert any enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tiles in excess of 6 tiles to basic tiles, giving her team a burst of 36 health and dealing 72 damage to the enemy for each tile converted.
270: 72 healing, 144 damage / 370: 148 healing, 296 damage

• Level 2: Create 3 Protect tiles. Gain a burst of 63 health and deal 117 damage.
    • 270: 126 healing, 234 damage / 370: 259 healing, 481 damage
  • Level 3: Create 4 Protect tiles. Convert enemy SAPs in excess of 5 tiles. Gain a burst of 97 health and deal 162 damage.
    • 270: 194 healing, 324 damage / 370: 398 healing, 666 damage
  • Level 4: Create 5 Protect tiles. Gain a burst of 162 health and deal 234 damage.
    • 270: 324 healing, 468 damage / 370: 666 healing, 962 damage
  • Level 5: Create 6 Protect tiles. Convert enemy SAPs in excess of 4 tiles. Gain a burst of 288 health and deal 360 damage.
    • 270: 576 healing, 720 damage / 370: 1184 healing, 1480 damage

Pyrrhic Defense - 7 Purple AP
Moondragon keeps her enemy from utilizing their strengths, but not without a cost to her friends. Select a basic tile: Create a 2-turn Countdown tile. While this tile is on the board, enemy Strike, Attack, and Protect tile strength is reduced by 30%. When the tile expires or is destroyed, Moondragon deals 522 damage and uses Moonlight Dispersal.
(PASSIVE) If Moondragon is to take damage, a random ally takes that damage instead. If a Pyrrhic Defense Countdown tile exists, damage is increased by 50%.
270: 1044 damage / 370: 2146 damage

• Level 2: SAPs reduced by 35%. Deals 630 damage.
    • 270: 1260 damage / 370: 2590 damage
  • Level 3: Create 3-turn Countdown tile. SAPs reduced by 40%. Deals 738 damage.
    • 270: 1476 damage / 370: 3034 damage
  • Level 4: SAPs reduced by 50%. Deals 3996 damage.
    • 270: 1944 damage / 370: 2054 damage
  • Level 5: Create 4-turn Countdown tile. SAPs reduced by 75%. Deals 1242 damage.
    • 270: 2484 damage / 370: 5106 damage

Titanian Martial Arts - 5 Red AP
Destroy the bottom row of tiles. Destroyed tiles do not deal damage or generate AP.
(PASSIVE) Moondragon uses her combat prowess to turn the enemy's own strength against them. Moondragon takes 10% reduced match damage and deals the amount reduced back to the enemy, plus 5% for each enemy Strike, Attack, or Protect tile on the board. Moondragon's match damage is increased by 5% for each Strike, Attack, or Protect tile on the board.

• Level 2: Take 15% less match damage. Reflect an additional 6% per SAP. Match damage increased by 6% per SAP.
  • Level 3: Take 20% less match damage. Reflect an additional 8% per SAP. Match damage increased by 8% per SAP.
  • Level 4: Take 30% less match damage. Reflect an additional 11% per SAP. Match damage increased by 11% per SAP.
  • Level 5: Take 50% less match damage. Reflect an additional 15% per SAP. Match damage increased by 15% per SAP.

Feeder Update

Release Events

Story
Operation Spider Silk - 6/15 - 6/19
Moondragon (Heather Douglas) Covers and Shards in Placement rewards, Event Token in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 6/18 - 6/22
Moondragon (Heather Douglas) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Infinite Pursuit - 6/19 - 6/22
Moondragon (Heather Douglas) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus
All-Father Knows Best - Odin - 6/15 - 6/19
Moondragon (Heather Douglas) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Moonlit Brawl - Moondragon - 6/18 - 6/22
Moondragon (Heather Douglas) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
Moondragon & Friends Vault - 6/18 - 6/22
80 Item Vault:
3x 4-Stars - Moondragon, Star-Lord, Random
7x Tokens - 1x Legendary token, 1x Mighty Token, 2x Heroic Tokens, 3x Beginner Support tokens
6x Iso-8 - 1x 5,000 Iso-8, 2x 2,500 Iso-8, 3x 1,000 Iso-8
15x 3-Stars - 3x Star-Lord, 12x Random 3-Star covers
49x 2-Stars - 10x Captain Marvel, 39x Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

Well if this character doesn't neuter Polaris, nothing will. Also useful vs a few other special tile creators (Carnage both 4 and 5) too.

I see VERY limited use for the active Red power. 5 AP to destroy the bottom row doing no damage and generating no AP means it's only value is to destroy enemy CDs or repeaters since this characters passive Yellow should remove most SAP tiles eventually.

That active Yellow will be useful on those Shield training nodes that require you to create enemy protects which might be this characters most valuable skill :)

About that Purple passive. Does that mean this character can not take damage of any kind until his/her team mates are downed? If so, doesn't that make this character teamed up with say iHulk / Chasm a winfinite since you have no way to kill this character (minus being stunned / sent away) before the teammates are dead but they can't die either because they resurrect as long as a team mate is alive...

KGB

• Venomous
    Venomous Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options

I honestly really like this kit. So creative and weird.

And if I am understanding that correctly. It seems like she makes it so her teammates actually take more damage whenever she makes that countdown tile which is kinda funny. Could be a neat tool for those who get rewarded for taking damage.

In all, Very fun. Kinda trolly.

• IceIX
    Options

@KGB said:
    About that Purple passive. Does that mean this character can not take damage of any kind until his/her team mates are downed? If so, doesn't that make this character teamed up with say iHulk / Chasm a winfinite since you have no way to kill this character (minus being stunned / sent away) before the teammates are dead but they can't die either because they resurrect as long as a team mate is alive...

KGB

Correct. Stun or Lock their powers to deal damage to them, in which case they're SUPER squishy. Understood that it creates a strange space with a couple revivers for the moment, but we decided that we would rather have some possible issues than to dumb down or alter an interesting mechanic that's very flavorful to the character.

• IceIX
    Options

@Venomous said:
    I honestly really like this kit. So creative and weird.

And if I am understanding that correctly. It seems like she makes it so her teammates actually take more damage whenever she makes that countdown tile which is kinda funny. Could be a neat tool for those who get rewarded for taking damage.

In all, Very fun. Kinda trolly.

Yep, that's exactly what happens. For players, it's a risk/reward question. Is it worth the extra incoming damage to bring down the enemy's defenses or stave off some strong Attack/Strike tiles? Or, you can place it and use it as an immediately damaging ability. The AI on the other hand is just going to place that thing randomly. Act accordingly.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

@KGB won't Polaris just stunlock this guy, like she's done to every other counter, ever?

I really hope they're fixing Chasm AND Hulk, and doing it soon, because otherwise, I think this guy + either one literally cannot lose the game.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2023
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    @KGB won't Polaris just stunlock this guy, like she's done to every other counter, ever?

I really hope they're fixing Chasm AND Hulk, and doing it soon because otherwise, I think this guy + either one literally cannot lose the game.

Gonna be hard for her since at 5 covers the Yellow prevents any more than 4 SAP tiles being out. BrB is Polaris favorite stun lock partner but this character is going to remove all the shields except 4 every turn making it hard for Polaris to match to get the Blue/Green from BrB or make more shields and do a bunch of damage for each one removed.

Obviously if you boost 4 Blue it only takes 1 match 3 Blue to get her required AP for the stun. Instead I suspect this character will just become a 'skip' if you are running a Polaris team because it's not worth the hassle losing all the SAPs every turn and eating passive damage from the Yellow removing tiles.

KGB

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 591 Critical Contributor
    Options

Better have that Chasm nerf ready to go.

• will7612
    will7612 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options

How many 4* have "risen" to the top other than Polaris?, I haven´t seen a single NEW 4* as a regular character

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Options

If I’m reading those purple and red passives right, this lady is broke AF.

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2023
    Options

Question: do AoE get shunted? Does Juggy damage count as match damage?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This is a hard pass.
    Polaris isn't winning with heavy damage, she is winning with a lot of tiles and this character does very little to reduce the quantity of tiles on the board.
    Low burst of health to team in the 4* tier is usually less than 300.
    Purple would be awesome if this character actually had a hard nuke. I'm sure Polaris will outdamage this character and he does not do enough to limit Polaris from creating more tiles. I'd rather take Morbius or Blob.

@will7612 There are a few 4s being used regularly besides Polaris. Gorr, Deathlok, Morbius, Thanos in a winfinite, America with Shang Chi, Throg's team up is used a lot, and Huggernot.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 572 Critical Contributor
    Options

Uh, maybe reread their first power. It limits sap tiles to four.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,406 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Polaris will still do good damge with her purple and green. She will outdamage this character.
    I'd be more interested if her red was a nuke doing 6-9k damage.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

As I read her powers polaris has found a perfect partner. So congratulations, a succesful character for 4* tier.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

We have too many of these types of characters in 4* land.

I'd rather see someone that removes the match-opening special tiles, such as, Mindless Ones, Grocket, BRB, 5* Kingpin

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    We have too many of these types of characters in 4* land.

I'd rather see someone that removes the match-opening special tiles, such as, Mindless Ones, Grocket, BRB, 5* Kingpin

The reason we have so many special-tile focused 4* begins with a P and ends with -olaris

• DrClever
    DrClever Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    Options

Might be a synergy with that yellow and Gargantos black - 13AP for ~70k damage plus tile removal in the right circs for a 450 Gargs, and he's quite a good tank, which looks like a good plan too.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,637 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So 1 X Polaris vs like 10 X Polaris counters. It really is a kind of bizarre situation now. And this one helps the revive meta? Smashing.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    So 1 X Polaris vs like 10 X Polaris counters. It really is a kind of bizarre situation now. And this one helps the revive meta? Smashing.

It's one of two things, one is kind of sad and one is cool in a weird way.

Either they keep trying (and utterly failing) to reduce Polaris usage by introducing increasingly good counters,

OR...they created Polaris, saw the 4* meta become focused on her, and thought "hey what if we just turn the 4* tier into the special tiles tier?"