Hopefully new news about new stuff coming soon

Options
slidecage
slidecage Posts: 3,211 Chairperson of the Boards

just hit day 3010 and dont know why but finding the game just boring now. even boss battles are no fun.. is it just me being burned out or is the game just really stale now

they need to release 6 stars or something to go after or something cause im just bored doing the same stuff day after day

anyone else bored and what would make you play more

Comments

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I just wish there was a way to play casually without feeling like I'm making zero progress.

PVP: I've always hated, total slog. I have to pre-join 30 seconds before a new slice opens and beat up on the intro teams as quickly as possible to have any hope of making it to 12 wins (10 Command Points) and promptly giving up because the only other prize I want is at 50 wins and it's just not worth the aggravation of skipping unbeatable teams 10,000 times to get there...

PVE: To get any of the placement prizes worth anything, you have to join immediately and play in the first and last hour of your time slice every single day (or monitor a spreadsheet or Line chat, wait for a flip, join immediately, and play that way for the remaining days.) You can make full progression playing when you want, but you still have to play the same handful of nodes dozens of times per day, over and over and over. And let's face it, you're probably just using the same team every single time, so your brain is just on auto-pilot, matching the same colors to boost your passives or fire your same powers in the same order every single match...

The only way to feel like you're keeping up with the latest rewards / characters / teams is to never, ever stop playing even for one day. Which just takes the fun out of it and makes it feel like a never-ending grind or a part-time job.

I realized what I hated about this game the first time I had friends or family invite me to go do something fun together and the thought even entered into my head "but then I'll be missing out on points at the end of the MPQ event." For the record, I would not stay home to play MPQ and miss out on valuable time with loved ones, but the fact that my brain had been re-programmed to even think that thought was perverse.

• captainheath
    captainheath Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options

I'm about a hundred days ahead of you and in the mindset. I've really liked a bunch of the recent changes, but even the boss events are bland. I miss the more diverse events.

Here's what would make me play more/longer:

• 4-star and under only PVE and PVP once a month. (I have most 5's champed and could go for the variety. They should have different structures though to keep it fresh.)
    • More milestone and thematic events.
    • More ways to work with alliances.
    • A super boost for a 2,3, or maybe even 4 star each week. Bring them up to 5 level and try to find synergies with them.
    • Instead of adding a 5 and 3 together, add a new one or two star every year or so instead of the 5 or 3. DDP is getting old.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    just hit day 3010 and dont know why but finding the game just boring now. even boss battles are no fun.. is it just me being burned out or is the game just really stale now

they need to release 6 stars or something to go after or something cause im just bored doing the same stuff day after day

You've played a f2p game for 9.5 years.
    Just quit.

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

@captainheath said:
    I'm about a hundred days ahead of you and in the mindset. I've really liked a bunch of the recent changes, but even the boss events are bland. I miss the more diverse events.

Here's what would make me play more/longer:

• 4-star and under only PVE and PVP once a month. (I have most 5's champed and could go for the variety. They should have different structures though to keep it fresh.)
    • More milestone and thematic events.
    • More ways to work with alliances.
    • A super boost for a 2,3, or maybe even 4 star each week. Bring them up to 5 level and try to find synergies with them.
    • Instead of adding a 5 and 3 together, add a new one or two star every year or so instead of the 5 or 3. DDP is getting old.

I like this.. especially the 4* and under bit.. there's sooo many good 4s and 4 teams which never get used because.. well u can't use them especially if u play scl10 and defo not in pvp

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@meadowsweet said:

The only way to feel like you're keeping up with the latest rewards / characters / teams is to never, ever stop playing even for one day. Which just takes the fun out of it and makes it feel like a never-ending grind or a part-time job.

I realized what I hated about this game the first time I had friends or family invite me to go do something fun together and the thought even entered into my head "but then I'll be missing out on points at the end of the MPQ event." For the record, I would not stay home to play MPQ and miss out on valuable time with loved ones, but the fact that my brain had been re-programmed to even think that thought was perverse.

You're burnt out and you need to take a break/just quit the game. Tons of players play casually and progress their rosters just fine. If you feel like you have to make this game your life, that is 100% on you, not on the game.

• Bowgentle
    Options

It's the f2p model.
    It's also why days off without pve are REALLY bad for player retention.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:

Retiring and returning does wonders for me. When the game becomes more a chore than fun, I retire. I receive updates on FB and when they add new things, I return. I feel like my efforts are helping me progress more now than when I played back in 2015

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,829 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What does "playing casually" mean? I have always wondered what different players definitions of this are.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    What does "playing casually" mean? I have always wondered what different players definitions of this are.

Mod mode off

Most days I play "casually". I start slice 4 PvE (5am start UK time) at some point in the afternoon on Day 1, do some clears, normally but not always in the "optimal" order, do a final clear about 11.30pm. When I wake up, depending on the time, I might do the first round of clears, or not. The rest I fit in whenever. Same evening routine until the event ends. I normally get around T100.
    PvP I start in any slice as convenient about 15 mins before the end and kill the seed teams, or 1 round of anyone if they're not available. Quite often I forget or the timing doesn't work.

With WW yesterday, I waited for a bracket flip in slice 3 (10pm) and speed cleared whatever I could, then straight into "Duck be a lady" and stored cleared that. I'll start again at around 9.30pm as it takes about 30 mins to clear. Whilst my performance is not "professional", I am trying to optimise play rewards. I would expect a T50 based on current position possibly higher. But it inhabits my peak real life time which isn't ideal so I don't do it often.

• Bowgentle
    Options

So you're playing 1+ hours, daily.
    That's not casual play for a mobile match 3 game.

• DAZ0273
    Options

I have no idea what to quantify my play time as so this does fascinate me. I can only call it "Way too much but apparently still not enough!"

I have seen players in the past say things with a completely straight face like "Oh I only do the 4 clears, PvP, DDQ and casually play SHIELD Sim" which is like an entire job description of tasks. Not that I am saying there is anything wrong with that of course! It is just this "casual" word that seems to stretch more than a single champ 5* MMR match up!

• Scofie
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

Mod mode off

I guess it's relative. I play casually during "dead time" so waiting for the kettle to boil, waiting for the kid to wake up, while I'm walking the dog, while the TV is on, during conversations with people I'm not interested in talking to etc. I mean, I've been accused of being obsessed with MPQ by a few people (probably, I wasn't really listening to them), but really I'm overlaying the tedium of modern living with shiny gems and superhero fun. Casually. 🤔

• Scofie
    edited May 2023
    Options

@Scofie said:

@Bowgentle said:

Mod mode off

I guess it's relative. I play casually during "dead time" so waiting for the kettle to boil, waiting for the kid to wake up, while I'm walking the dog, while the TV is on, during conversations with people in not interested in talking to etc. I mean, I've been accused of being obsessed with MPQ by a few people (probably, I want really listening to them), but really I'm overlaying the tedium of modern living with shiny gems and superhero fun. Casually. 🤔

** Mod mode still off**

On an also less-than-serious note, I spend 2 hours each way commuting to work when I'm in the office. I'd consider myself a casual train user also.

• Scofie
    Options

Mod mode still off.Yes, still

And I spend more time on here per day than I do playing the actual game! Not casual? Ha! 😇

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Scofie said:

And I spend more time on here per day than I do playing the actual game! Not casual? Ha! 😇

Yeah, while I read internet game forums, I only buy games, instead of playing them, so my backlog grows.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Scofie said:

Ah...uhm...yeah. Is there a way to re-set a forumites post count? Asking for uhm somebody.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Scofie .
    Suggestion: you could say when you are in mod mode on. That way you could save up a lot of words.
    At least it's how I see it.

• Milmanias
    Milmanias Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

I play for T100 PvE and 50 wins PvP when the boost week isn’t horrible, 25 or less when it is. I used to try T20/50 and T25 PvP or full rewards back when we needed 75 wins, so I think I play casually but that’s compared to where I was. I sometimes feel the burnout but champing 5*s has finally picked up so that helps with motivation. I honestly thought about quitting when we had the concurrent PvE and boss events; glad they fixed that.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,172 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

"Casual play" is one of those phrases that's absolutely meaningless when it comes to MPQ, and generally just gets thrown out to further whatever someone's agenda happens to be at that moment.

The definition tends to be "anyone who plays less than me" or, for that person, "playing a bit less than I used to play."

I've seen players call anybody below ranking #10 in CL10 PvE "casual players" (obviously, the top 10 are the only non-casual players in the entire game!) and I've known people who said they were "going casual" by reducing their PvP scores from 3000/event to 2000/event.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options

On Discord I feel casual frequently means anything not top 10. But then I think how much time I spend playing this game while getting t50, and I wouldn’t call myself casual at all.