**** Cosmo (Space Dog) ****

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,156 Chairperson of the Boards

I guess Kraven The Hunter (Sergei Kravinoff) is maybe the only one who really does this. Spider-Man 2099 is also kind of an edge case, as is Domino (X-Force) (X-Force). Anyway, Cosmo's charge tile passive looks like it could be fun.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards

Is Cosmo a new Kang partner?

I do bridle at the term "Classic" being applied to something that is younger than my eldest son based on the comic panel posted, so Space Dog works for me!

• allen_koholic
    allen_koholic Posts: 103 Tile Toppler

So, SC fires his purple, it matches a charged tile and then …?

Does he still get his passive damage stack? Does his combo meter reset?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards

@allen_koholic said:

Great question! We'll have to test it for them :)

• meteor0905
    meteor0905 Posts: 62 Match Maker

Shang oneshot cosmo with charged tile ?

@allen_koholic said:

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor

@**** said:
    Shang oneshot cosmo with charged tile ?

A oneshot will probably kill Cosmo before Cosmo can disable Shang's abilities.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,274 Chairperson of the Boards

So.......BCS extensively tested 5Magik and thought "we need to nerf her". And they extensively have tested 4Cosmo and think "this will be fun"?

There is no possible way they could have tested every possible permutation of that poorly written ability. This is going to be a wild ride.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,613 Chairperson of the Boards

He doesn't have a 3* feeder which gives me hope that we might get one more GotG release which still gives me hope for 5* Rocket/3* somebody.

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023

dont know if yall saw, but they changed up his blue in the preview thread, he only creates 9 now instead of 11, which isnt bad, still winfinite, but now he DESTROYS 2 AP IF THEY MATCH OR DESTROY CHARGE TILES , I'll definitely take that change over the 11 tile conversion

OOF, nvm he now only changes the chosen color into charge tiles instead of creating more.....yikes no more winfinite

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,928 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023

@marvel075 said:
    dont know if yall saw, but they changed up his blue in the preview thread, he only creates 9 now instead of 11, which isnt bad, still winfinite, but now he DESTROYS 2 AP IF THEY MATCH OR DESTROY CHARGE TILES , I'll definitely take that change over the 11 tile conversion

OOF, nvm he now only changes the chosen color into charge tiles instead of creating more.....yikes no more winfinite

That makes a lot more sense to only change the chosen color instead of creating tiles. No winfinite but WAY more balanced and still a good power esp with the AP destruction when enemy matches a charged tile.

KGB

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin

Some players may have noticed a couple changes to the loveable space pooch with our Preview for Cosmo hitting Live. Updated the original post, but here's a summary:

Yellow - Realized that the multiplier scalar for the team damage was set slightly too high. On fixing that, it opened up a bit of budget to increase Protect tile strength by a bit. The damage scalar was going to get fixed anyway, so it wasn't a case of eating up budget with the damage and leaving Protect tiles as they were.

• Increased Protect tile strength by 2.3-3.2x
    • Reduced the Protect tile Fortification threshold by 1 from levels 1-4 (7/7/6/6/5 to 6/6/5/5/5)
    • Increased the threshold for Cosmo's Passive Protect tile generation by 10% at levels 2-5.
    • Reduced the team damage from the Passive by ~20%.

Blue - This ability was implemented incorrectly, creating tiles instead of converting them. The person writing the ability text saw how it was implemented and wrote the ability text accordingly. This was caught, but not in enough time to get it fixed before public reveal. It has been fixed, now converting tiles to Charged tiles instead of creating new ones. Since most boards only have 8-9 tiles of any given color, we've also re-budgeted it slightly, reducing the number of Charged tiles created a little, but giving it a nice new juicy part to Cosmo's Passive.

• Ability now converts tiles instead of creating new ones in a color.
    • Now alters slightly fewer tiles (7/8/9/10/11 to 5/6/7/8/9)
    • Added a new portion to the Passive: Whenever an enemy matches or destroys a Charged tile, they lose 2 AP in the matched color.
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

Does lose 2 AP mean they lose 2 AP instead of gaining any from the match or does it reduce the AP gained from the match by 2?

• wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

@Ptahhotep said:
    Does lose 2 AP mean they lose 2 AP instead of gaining any from the match or does it reduce the AP gained from the match by 2?

Based on what I read, I think it is reduce the AP gained from the match by 2.

It seem this doggie can work with another existing doggie (Lockjaw), beside their yellow working together, can use Cosmo's Blue to create charge tile of enemies stronger color and let Lockjaw's green passive slowly damage the enemy. Add in Alligator Loki to create full animal team that focus on charged tiles and make enemy hurt more when they match a charged tile.

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

I like his animations. He even gives a growl.

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023

Looks like Cosmo’s passive disables Gambit’s partner’s red/purple power use restriction for the duration of the match. I’ve been able to fire the red/purple powers of Cosmo, MThor, Emm5, Ghost Rider w/ Gambit in pick-2 many matches after Cosmo (or at least the enemy Cosmo) was dead, sometimes with no other character showing any clear sign of having their powers turned off.

I’ve never played really Gambit before this boost week (he’s great IMO) and thought he maybe got a stealth buff. I tried him out in PVE w/out Cosmo and he’s operating as usual.

Anyone noticed any other unusual passive interactions with Cosmo?

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

I had the opposite frustration. Running Gambit + Ghost Rider, after Gambit matched a charged tile, I had both Gambit & GR blocked from power firing.

Trying to fire Gambit - and the message was Cosmo blocks him

Trying to fire GR - and the message was Gambit's restriction was still active.

If Gambit was blocked by Cosmo I should be able to fire GR.