**** Cosmo (Space Dog) ****

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
edited June 2023 in Character Details

Cosmo (Space Dog)
4-Star Rarity
Affiliations: Heroes, Enhanced, Cosmic, Non-humans, Non-humanoids

"Progress sometimes requires sacrifice and, as far as mankind knew, Cosmo the Spacedog made that sacrifice in the 60's during an early space flight testing mission that went awry. But, rather than drifting in a space capsule, Cosmo gained the latent cosmic energies of a dead Celestial and absorbed galactic radiation, which granted the pooch psionic powers. After landing in Knowhere and thriving, Cosmo has become a pup to be reckoned with as the head of security for the colony in Knowhere."

Abilities listed at level 70/270
Health: 4038/14956

TK Field - 6 Yellow AP
Creates 2 strength 29 Protect tiles. Then, if there are least 6 friendly Protect tiles on the board, Fortify up to 1 of them.
(PASSIVE) Whenever the enemy team removes the fortification from a friendly Protect tile or destroys a friendly Fortified Protect tile, deal 136 damage to the enemy team. The first time Cosmo drops below 10% health, create 3 strength 13 Protect tiles. (Max level strength 25 tiles. 271 damage)

• Level 2: Actively creates 3 Protect tiles, passively 4. Deals 191 damage. (Max level strength 29 tiles. 381 damage)
  • Level 3: Fortifies 2 tiles. Deals 234 damage. Creates tiles the first time Cosmo's health is below 30%. (Max level strength 29 tiles. 469 damage)
  • Level 4: Actively creates 4 Protect tiles, passively 5. Minimum 6 tiles. Deals 329 damage. Creates tiles the first time Cosmo's health is below 40%. (Max level strength 29 tiles. 659 damage)
  • Level 5: Strength 57 Protect tiles. Minimum 5 tiles. Fortifies 3 tiles. Deals 525 damage. Creates tiles the first time Cosmo's health is below 50%. (Max level strength tiles. 1055 damage)

No More Mr. Nice Dog - 7 Red AP
Cosmo unleashes a powerful psychic blast damaging the enemy team for 171 damage, plus an additional 90 damage for every 20% of health his teammates are missing. (Max level 342/180 damage)

• Level 2: Deals 378 damage, plus 99 bonus damage. (Max level 756/198 damage)
  • Level 3: Deals 468 damage. Deals bonus damage for each 15% of missing health. (Max level 936/198 damage)
  • Level 4: Deals 630 damage. Deals bonus damage for each 10% of missing health. (Max level 1260/198 damage)
  • Level 5: Deals 1089 damage, plus 153 bonus damage. (Max level 2178/306 damage)

Help From Knowhere - 7 Blue AP
Choose a tile color. Cosmo uses Knowhere's teleportation systems to convert 5 basic tiles to Charged tiles of that color.

(PASSIVE) Whenever an enemy matches or destroys a Charged tile, Whenever an enemy matches or destroys a Charged tile, they lose 2 AP in the matched color and their abilities are disabled until the end of the next turn.

• Level 2: Convert 6 tiles.
  • Level 3: Convert 7 tiles.
  • Level 4: Convert 8 tiles.
  • Level 5: Convert 9 tiles.

Feeder Updates

Release Schedule

Story
Meet Rocket and Groot - 5/18 - 5/22
Cosmo (Space Dog) Covers and Shards in Placement rewards, Event Token in Progression rewards

Welcome to S.H.I.E.L.D. - 5/1 - 5/25
Cosmo (Space Dog) Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Cosmic Chaos - 5/22 - 5/25
Cosmo (Space Dog) Covers and Shards + Vault Token in Progression rewards

Versus
Stay On Target - Bullseye (Classic) - 5/18 - 5/22
Cosmo (Space Dog) Cover and Shards as Placement rewards

Psionic Bark - Cosmo - 5/21 - 5/25
Cosmo (Space Dog) Covers and Shards + Recruit Token for Shield Offer in Progression rewards

Offers
Cosmo & Friends Vault - 5/21 - 5/25
80 Item Vault:
3x 4-Stars - 1x Cosmo, 1x Rocket & Groot, 1x Random
7x Tokens - 1x Legendary, 1x Mighty, 2x Heroic, 3x Beginner Support
6x Iso-8 - 1x 5,000 Iso-8, 2x 2,500 Iso-8, 3x 1,000 Iso-8
15x 3-Stars - 3x Gamora, 12x Random
49x 2-Stars - 10x Captain Marvel, 39x Random

Comments

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

Hey, it's a (pretty strong!?!) Dr Thor counter!

Can we have that passive on a 5*???

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

If he dies during a turn after disabling an opponent's abilities, do the abilities remain disabled?

• dash16
    dash16 Posts: 14 Just Dropped In

Cosmo is good girl, not good boy.

https://www.marvel.com/characters/cosmo-the-spacedog

• IceIX

@MoosePrime said:
    If he dies during a turn after disabling an opponent's abilities, do the abilities remain disabled?

Yes.

@dash16 said:
    Cosmo is good girl, not good boy.

https://www.marvel.com/characters/cosmo-the-spacedog

Movie Cosmo is a good girl. Comics Cosmo is a good boy. This is Comics Cosmo.
    https://www.marvel.com/characters/cosmo-the-spacedog/in-comics

• dash16

@IceIX said:

Then perhaps the name should be Cosmo the Spacedog (Classic) to avoid confusion. Releasing the character alongside the MCU movie with the character in it makes it seem like this should be the MCU version, not the Comics version.

• IceIX
    edited May 2023

@dash16 said:

@IceIX said:

Then perhaps the name should be Cosmo the Spacedog (Classic) to avoid confusion. Releasing the character alongside the MCU movie with the character in it makes it seem like this should be the MCU version, not the Comics version.

Characters in MPQ don't carry their titles in their names.
    Kang is not Kang the Conqueror (Classic) and Kang the Conqueror (Ant-Man: Quantumania).
    Gorr is not Gorr the God Butcher (Thor: Love and Thunder).
    Drax is not Drax the Destroyer (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)

As well, this version of Cosmo looks a bit different than Classic (jeez, has it really been over 15 years since this comic?) 2007 Nova run's Cosmo was a bit less hairy and a bit more jowly than current Cosmo.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker

That blue power is amazing!
    11 charged tiles for 7AP! And thats not even the best part! The long awaited passive passive removal!!
    I love this and clea and spideyglideys neutralize powers on blue- question: how does this interact with state changes: if they are then stunned or sent airborne? So if I stun a vanilla Silver Surfer does the end of next turn come around and the game does a status check now that he has powers and he “revives” or does the stun stand? If enemy matches a charged and has a normalize vulture and I send him airborne does he gain AP?
    Here comes the dog pound! Jubilee, Lockjaw, Cosmo!

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards

Is the 20% missing health based on the team total or is it calculated per teammate?

If the first time Cosmo drops below a certain health value also downs him, does he do anything?

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards

Ohhhhhh it's been a while since I had to update my character wishlist signature. I wonder how his blue passive will play out in matches (and even more in what ways it will break the game :mrgreen: )

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards

Does the blue passive disable both active and passive abilities for one turn?

Could see this affecting Chasm also. And think about when 5Thor creates cascades and multiple people take turns destroying charged tiles (depending on who is tanking the color).

• dash16

@IceIX said:
    Characters in MPQ don't carry their titles in their names.

Except for:

• Havok (Classic)
    • Archangel (Classic)
    • Doctor Octopus (Classic)
    • Gambit (Classic)
    • Cyclops (Classic)
    • Nightcrawler (Classic)
    • Rogue (Classic)
    • Invisible Woman (Classic)
    • Cloak & Dagger (Classic)
    • etc

You could absolutely name this character Cosmo the Spacedog (Classic) just like the dozens of other characters based on their comic book versions and it fits within establish MPQ naming conventions.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2023

What I find amazing is that you get 11 charged tiles created IN THAT COLOR. This is Bamf on steroids as you should just pick Blue and with even 1 cascade you'll be able to fire Blue again and again and again.

Since Bamf is called Bamfinite, will we call this one Helpfinite?

KGB

P.S. Original 4 Thoress weeps as Cosmo is released with this Blue. Clearly the new Dev's never saw her in her prime.

• dash16

Kang is not Kang the Conqueror (Classic) and Kang the Conqueror (Ant-Man: Quantumania).

• Kang (Classic)
    • Hawkeye (Classic)
    • Juggernaut (Classic)
    • Storm (Classic)
    • Magneto (Classic)
    • High Evolutionary (Classic)
    • Spider-Man (Classic)
    • Colossus (Classic)
    • Psylocke (Classic)
    • Bullseye (Classic)
    • Daken (Classic)
    • Human Torch (Classic)
    • The Hood (Classic)
    • Beast (Classic)
    • Doctor Doom (Classic)
    • Rhino (Classic)
    • Lizard (Classic)
    • Super-Skrull (Classic)
    • Dazzler (Classic)
    • Bishop (Classic)
    • Magik (Classic)
    • Scorpion (Classic)
  • dash16

@AdeptusRevolt said:
    Back to ICE's point, none of those that you listed have their titles in their name.

They literally all do, unless we're gonna dispute what constitutes a 'name', and how to format it. Without seeing the character in game, based on the structure here we'll have the character named "Cosmo", with the sub-title, (sub-heading? Whatever you want to call it) below their name as "Space Dog". My suggestion here is to name the character "Cosmo the Space Dog", with sub-heading "Classic" like the literally dozens I listed using this exact same format to make it clear this version is the comic book version instead of an accidental misgender of the MCU version.

Or not, do whatever you want. I'm done wasting my time here with people who won't listen.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2023

Kang the conqueror (classic)

what ICE says is the title (in italic, the conqueror) is never part of character name in MPQ. so it would be either cosmo (classic) or cosmo (the spacedog).

(I want to add "when the wise man points to the moon the idiot looks at the finger", but I'll refrain, as we all make mistakes)

Good thing he/she is a 4*, his kit looks annoying as f...

@KGB said:
    What I find amazing is that you get 11 charged tiles created IN THAT COLOR. This is Bamf on steroids as you should just pick Blue and with even 1 cascade you'll be able to fire Blue again and again and again.

I really hope blue active only converts tiles OF THAT COLOR into charged tiles OF THAT COLOR... else as you mention the potential of infinite recursion would be very high ...