Guardians have taken over Milestones feedback

Options

Comments

• Gymp28
    Gymp28 Posts: 92 Match Maker
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Too much repetition in tasks

Still havn’t got beyond tier 1, despite putting in an amount of effort. As others have said they need to have all of the tasks tallying simultaneously (certainly within each tier) for future events like this. The grind has been too intense for this to be enjoyable or something I choose to pursue (and I’ve been playing and enjoying grindy JRPGs for decades).

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I could not/will not be able to complete because...

Like everyone has said, make the full suite of quests at least start recording progress from the start if not fully viewable at once.

I also think the "fire power" quests required way too much work. On one hand it was fun finding ways I can fit this or that character into a situation that would get their power used but once I had that sorted it was just a grind. 10 fires would be a much more reasonable number that wouldn't wear thin, imo.

I hope we get more events like this in the future though, they just require a little more fine-tuning than we had this time.

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I completed it and enjoyed it

Once I figured doomsayers encouraging for fast grind where exagerating, the event was good. I enjoyed it, completing all t4 in 11 days, taking it slowly. I think many rushed completion in a couple of hours/days for ... reasons and that make the whole thing painful for them.

If anything to improve I would just make the tier 1 quest faster (like less matches) as the rewards are super low and do some QoL fixes on TU send/receive quests (maybe instead of "send 10 TU" do 2 times "send 5 TU" with half reward and a couple of other quests inbetween, to smooth TU CDs).

I do not agree with the "make puzzle quest same time" because it just encourages grinding that I feel unhealthy or "make all color quests at the same time" because honestly it is not a big grind, if you just take it slow. On the contrary I would suggest to gate the quests to discourage "fast food questing" and reward people managing event timing.

Quests were also much easier with boosted chars, which arrived only after a couple of days in. Syncing start of event with boost and probably fitting pvp/pve events would make this kind of event a bit easier and less stressful for the playerbase.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,903 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I did not attempt it because...

I finished all of tier 1 and most of tier 2 by accident, since Starlord is boosted this week and I'm using him for almost everything. (I have him at 550 and he's really good, btw -- I'm not sure, but I may be the only active player with him at 550).

I had no intention of doing these because the first tier of rewards looked terrible, so I figured they were all terrible. Once I found out they weren't terrible, but were mostly iso (which I don't need), it didn't really change the calculus for me.

@DAZ0273 it looks like this maybe should be two polls -- something like "how did you feel about this one/did you do it?" and "what should they change if they do this again?"

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I completed it but found it a grind/did not enjoy

Well far be it for me to hog all the fun so if anybody wants to do that I will be happy to vote and comment.

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

@pepitedechocolat said:

Quests were also much easier with boosted chars, which arrived only after a couple of days in. Syncing start of event with boost and probably fitting pvp/pve events would make this kind of event a bit easier and less stressful for the playerbase.

You might recall that there were, at the time of the milestone quests starting, no GotG on the boost list, and so while your experience was with them boosted, those of us who frontloaded the grind with Puzzle Gauntlet did so assuming that there would be no boosted chars as part of the effort. So puzzle gauntlet was the best way to achieve things without just burning through health packs by bringing required chars as weak thirds,

Not trying to invalidate your feedback, but the mindset would have been different had the boost lists been accurate at milestone start.

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 699 Critical Contributor
    Options

Felt too grindy so I didn’t set out to complete it. I just took rewards as they came

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wrapped it up with about a day to spare (some of that was waiting for Alliance members to request Team-Ups before I finally asked for the last set I needed). It was a little grind but using GotG characters for the Story Mode quests covered a lot of the progress.

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2023
    Options
    I did not attempt it because...

Way too much work for trash rewards.
    Iso-8??? Really???

I put in no conscious effort towards the cause. Incidental progress only got me halfway through Tier 3.

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options

A little grindy but the ISO-8 was appreciated in the ISO desert of 4-star land. Main thing stopping me from finishing are the quests for firing 5-star powers that I don't have.
    Definitely would like to see events in regular rotation (every season) and running a store or vault with related characters would help those that need to fill out their roster to complete quests. If it was a vault, then you could get tokens for the vault as rewards throughout the event instead of just heroic or mighty tokens.

• jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,069 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Cool idea, way too time consuming. I have a life, a job, and responsibilities. Please respect player times a little more with future iterations. Maybe the goals could run concurrently?

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I didn't realize it was even a thing until three days ago, so I only finished up to Tier 2. It was also a bit too grindy for my liking, probably wouldn't attempt it again even if it showed up.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 571 Critical Contributor
    Options

I LOVE the concept of getting people to use specific characters or specific powers.

i would love more some more thought, and possibly push into synergy of characters. I would like more of them to grind at once, rather than one at a time.

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I completed it, but it was super grindy and for the most part I did not enjoy it.

Some points:

• You should have made the rewards more clear from the beginning. If I hadn't checked the forums where people mentioned very good ISO rewards for tier 4, I wouldn't have bothered with "make 100 red matches with GotG on your team for a measly 500 ISO (or something) reward from tier 1.

• As people mentioned before, chained quests were a pain

• I would rather do a somewhat harder quest a single time, than a simple quest multiple times. For example, "Activate character X's power 'Y' a total of 'Z' times" is not terribly inspiring.

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 2,986 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

skip almost the entire thing what all did i miss

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options

This was great! Just like the guardians skipping all over the galaxy performing tasks and then having to go back to planet yellowmatch again to get the whatever ingredient.
    Tons of iso: clea,mbaku and maxcapped 4/4/4 Colosus say thank you!
    I learned that 5Gamora was not quite as bad as I thought. Still didn’t champ her even with the free iso and the flavor pressuring. That 10 counter, then not-tko thing is the worst power in the game. She got easy milestones in with a simple okoye shield. Please rework her when Cosmo dog drops!!
    Make the Adam warlock count towards guardians , maybe ahem add a tag?
    I would love to see smaller versions that are paired with boss events. So like defeat hydroman 10 times with an Avenger on your team, or destroy 100 galactus tiles with a villain, kind of “force” us into playing these boss events in not the same old way. Just ask that you have loaners for any char specific milestones; let the newbs earn. Maybe even have alliance wide milestones that track towards a placement? So that top end can get bragging rights again?

Keep up the fun stuff! Keep trying new things! Thanks for a fun break and all the iso!

• EienRyuu
    EienRyuu Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options

I barely finished Tier 1 so that says how grindy this was... So yeah, I am not very favorable of such a thing if they run it again.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

... because my alliance just does not want to ask for team-ups. But at least some of it was fun. Particularly tier 3. And I'm pleased with all the ISO I got along the way. I do wonder how long it would have taken if there hadn't been a time limit.

I think it might be time for a long overdue MPQ vacation though.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

At first I didn't enjoy it, because I started it after Puzzle Guantlet was over and it wasn't quite as "do it during the course of normal play" as I might have preferred, but once I got into the groove of it it was pretty fun. I have a quiet alliance, so the give and receive N team ups were actaully kind of tough to earn, but I got it done. I'm definitely at a point where iso isn't really an issue for me, so I was more after the shards and tokens up near the top. I didn't really pay attention to the iso.