• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2023

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:
    Personally, I've never understood SCL9. The increase in rewards compared to SCL8 was minimal for more work. Not like the reward hike from SCL9 to SCL10. Maybe I had been hanging a bit too long in SCL8, but eventually I skipped SCL9 to go directly to 10 and never gone back. Having to clear fewer nodes, albeit more difficult, is a godsend.

The advantage of 10 over 9 in PVE is clear but what about in PVP?

Depends.
    How highly do you value 4* covers, and can you get t5 or better in CL9
    If you can reliably get t5 in 9 then it's better.
    Those 2 4* covers every pvp are nice.
    Of course if you value 5* shards higher, the equation might change, depending on whether you can get t25 or higher in CL10.

I've been getting t10 for months and recently I'm getting t5 in CL9, I doubt I'll be able to get t25 in CL10.
    Do you get more points in CL10 and what are the scores generally in t25?
    I also don't think I'll be able to get 50 wins in CL10.

CL in pvp does not change the teams you see.
    You'll have the same fights in 10 that you have in CL 1.
    Scores are higher in 10, though.
    I have no idea where t25 is these days, I've played in 9 for a year now.

Pretty sure 1,200 will get you T25 most events, or very close in CL10.

• Punzaman
    Punzaman Posts: 30 Just Dropped In

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:
    Personally, I've never understood SCL9. The increase in rewards compared to SCL8 was minimal for more work. Not like the reward hike from SCL9 to SCL10. Maybe I had been hanging a bit too long in SCL8, but eventually I skipped SCL9 to go directly to 10 and never gone back. Having to clear fewer nodes, albeit more difficult, is a godsend.

Depends.
    Of course if you value 5* shards higher, the equation might change, depending on whether you can get t25 or higher in CL10.

I've been getting t10 for months and recently I'm getting t5 in CL9, I doubt I'll be able to get t25 in CL10.

...except for S4 (4th time slice) nowadays. Many high scorers there clustered in fewer brackets, so T25 will be harder there with 1.2k. (Hi @Yepyep!)

• Belphegor666
    Belphegor666 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In

@Punzaman said:

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

...except for S4 (4th time slice) nowadays. Many high scorers there clustered in fewer brackets, so T25 will be harder there with 1.2k. (Hi @Yepyep!)

I usually do 5th

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

1200 will often get you t5 in slice 2, but...you're probably not going to get to 1200.

The scoring difference between slices is night and day, especially if you're comparing 2 or 5 (the lowest) to 1 and 4 (the highest).

The thing is (for OP's question) PvP placement rewards pale in comparison to progression rewards. Most players are much better off choosing slice 1 or 4, even if your placement suffers, because scoring 1200+ is SO much easier.

• Belphegor666

@entrailbucket said:

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

1200 will often get you t5 in slice 2, but...you're probably not going to get to 1200.

The scoring difference between slices is night and day, especially if you're comparing 2 or 5 (the lowest) to 1 and 4 (the highest).

The thing is (for OP's question) PvP placement rewards pale in comparison to progression rewards. Most players are much better off choosing slice 1 or 4, even if your placement suffers, because scoring 1200+ is SO much easier.

So you're saying I'll get lower scores in 2 and 5? And I'm assuming this is the same for every CL. Good to know for the next season.

For me the priority is the 5* shards, if I can get t50(60 shards) or t25(80shards) I'll be satisfied. For progression I usually go for the wins(50) over the score but I still try to get as high as possible for placement. In CL9 I've been averaging 830-900 and I've maintained t10 for months.
    I also noticed the difference in progression is slight.
    Considering this, what is the best way to move forward?

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 374 Mover and Shaker

The ones with 5Carnage in the Challenge nodes, and 4R&G+Kitty in the CNs.

At lvl 610, 5Carnage damage gets big, fast. Especially if you are using 5thor (1/2health), +SC+4bbw.

Same with 4R&G+Kitty.

Then anything w/ 5ProfX. If the computer gets a match-4 off, it hurts a lot. 2 of them will down most char

• entrailbucket

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

So you're saying I'll get lower scores in 2 and 5? And I'm assuming this is the same for every CL. Good to know for the next season.

For me the priority is the 5* shards, if I can get t50(60 shards) or t25(80shards) I'll be satisfied. For progression I usually go for the wins(50) over the score but I still try to get as high as possible for placement. In CL9 I've been averaging 830-900 and I've maintained t10 for months.

In PvP, the opponents are the same no matter what CL you choose. It's not like PvE where enemies get harder as rewards increase. So you should always play the highest PvP CL you have access to (except in very rare cases that apply only to people who coordinate in PvP -- for example, you prenegotiate a #1 finish in a particular bracket).

I recommend most players choose either the first or fourth end time. These slices have significantly more players who score significantly more points, which makes it much easier to reach max progression. If you move from s5 to s1, you'll see a huge difference. Even if the end time is inconvenient for you, one shield can solve that problem for a relatively small amount of HP.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,518 Chairperson of the Boards

I concur with what everyone else is saying. I play slice 1 because 90% of the time I am just playing to hit 1200 and shield out. Occasionally, I'll play in slice 5 and 1200 can be tough there. I often find that I hit 50 wins before 1200.

• Belphegor666
    edited April 2023

@entrailbucket said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

In PvP, the opponents are the same no matter what CL you choose. It's not like PvE where enemies get harder as rewards increase. So you should always play the highest PvP CL you have access to (except in very rare cases that apply only to people who coordinate in PvP -- for example, you prenegotiate a #1 finish in a particular bracket).

I recommend most players choose either the first or fourth end time. These slices have significantly more players who score significantly more points, which makes it much easier to reach max progression. If you move from s5 to s1, you'll see a huge difference. Even if the end time is inconvenient for you, one shield can solve that problem for a relatively small amount of HP.

Okay, I'm doing s4 in the next pvp to compare.
    I guess this is why some players with weaker rosters have been getting more points than me in the season, I also think it has to do with shield hopping which I only do if I'm pushed out of t10.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

I guess this is why some players with weaker rosters have been getting more points than me in the season, I also think it has to do with shield hopping which I only do if I'm pushed out of t10.

Don't even look at season standings unless you're prepared to hop.
    A lot.

• Belphegor666

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

A lot.

Top 50 is the goal and I can do that without hopping.
    But that's in 9, I'll see how 10 is.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

A lot.

You'll need scores well in excess of 10000 to finish T50 in CL10. I hit 10K for the season and I'm typically in the 300s.

KGB

• entrailbucket

Yeah....I mean, the season rewards are bad, though. Isn't it still just a sad pile of heroics? It's long past time those were refreshed/upgraded.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Yeah....I mean, the season rewards are bad, though. Isn't it still just a sad pile of heroics? It's long past time those were refreshed/upgraded.

Advance support token though. Thats the only reason to play for season rewards. Outside of a store, this is the only way to catch a 4/5 support

• Belphegor666

@KGB said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Yepyep said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Bowgentle said:

@Belphegor666 said:

@Dogface said:

Depends.

A lot.

You'll need scores well in excess of 10000 to finish T50 in CL10. I hit 10K for the season and I'm typically in the 300s.

KGB

I usually hit around 11000 by the end. But it's true the reward isn't that great.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker

@Phumade said:

@entrailbucket said:

Advance support token though. Thats the only reason to play for season rewards. Outside of a store, this is the only way to catch a 4/5 support

All 5 of my 5* supports were from puzzle gauntlet. That's a lot less effort.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

@fractalvisions said:

@Phumade said:

@entrailbucket said:

All 5 of my 5* supports were from puzzle gauntlet. That's a lot less effort.

All of mine were from master tokens from events and or offers. Thats even less effort.

But it still doesn't change the fact that the only way people can obtain higher level 4/5 support is play for advanced tokens in a once a season event or as a end season reward.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

I’ve been playing for more than 3000 days, and I have 1 5* support. The current system is broken.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 982 Critical Contributor

@dianetics said:
    I’ve been playing for more than 3000 days, and I have 1 5* support. The current system is broken.

Day 3365 and still waiting on my first 5 star support.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

To be honest, there are less than 5 supports that really matter whether or not you get them at R5.

I've got 1 R5 and it came from Puzzle Ops and of course it's one of the useless ones (Hulkling). I have a half dozen a R4 but at least 3 of those are the important ones (Chewie, Royal Talon, Chimichanga).

KGB