$1 VIP

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

I meant the $1 deal is not permanent.

• HoundofShadow

They used to sell 30 healthpacks with 10,000 iso-8 for $3. I think that's the baseline.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't think they'll ever sell unlimited health packs. Health packs serve a really important purpose in the game, in that they limit playtime. I know "health packs=profits" is a meme, but very few players actually buy packs, even among the most competitive. For those who spend, who want to grind...well, even the spendiest, grindiest players today can't afford to play forever.

Personally I HATE HATE HATE health packs more than anything else in this game (including Chasm and any other OP character or any other annoyance short of the old flashing when you made a match 3).

The very idea of health packs limiting game time makes the Devs into some Nanny or my mother when I was a kid. I've never played another game where there was an idea of some kind of built in time limit.

Anyway, I wish they've revamp the daily resupply (or the vault fillers like ISO, Red ISO etc) so that we could select from among ISO, Red ISO, Health Packs, Boosts etc and then only get that particular reward.

Or they fixed health pack usage so that your 'free' ones came off first before your saved ones.

KGB

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I don't think they'll ever sell unlimited health packs. Health packs serve a really important purpose in the game, in that they limit playtime. I know "health packs=profits" is a meme, but very few players actually buy packs, even among the most competitive. For those who spend, who want to grind...well, even the spendiest, grindiest players today can't afford to play forever.

The very idea of health packs limiting game time makes the Devs into some Nanny or my mother when I was a kid. I've never played another game where there was an idea of some kind of built in time limit.

Have you not played ANY F2P game, ever?
    All of them limit your playtime, usually with some kind of energy thing.

This is the only one I've ever played seriously. Everything else is PC games.

And I pay for VIP so it would be nice if VIP did something like make free health packs come off before saved ones.

KGB

• HoundofShadow

It sounds like a serious healthpack hoarding issue to me.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023

@KGB said:

@Bowgentle said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

Have you not played ANY F2P game, ever?
    All of them limit your playtime, usually with some kind of energy thing.

This is the only one I've ever played seriously. Everything else is PC games.

And I pay for VIP so it would be nice if VIP did something like make free health packs come off before saved ones.

KGB

All the f2p games work like this. That's exactly how you're meant to feel about health packs, so the mechanic is working as intended.

The previous developers said many times that they neither want nor expect players to buy packs, which is why the cost has basically been the same since day 1. If they screwed around with the pricing they could use it as a revenue driver -- they haven't, because they don't want that.

They don't want you to play forever. It's why burst healing was introduced very early on (in the early days you could use OBW to play forever) and why they got rid of PvE tapping.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

Currently sitting at 450. I use healthpacks to measure team success and viability. Generally I do not use health packs at all in PvE. I reserve them for PvP climbs if I need them.

They were more useful on PvE climbs back in the day, and I bet new users use them more often. With proper team synergy and planning you should probably rarely use them at all.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,529 Chairperson of the Boards

@dianetics said:
    Currently sitting at 450. I use healthpacks to measure team success and viability. Generally I do not use health packs at all in PvE. I reserve them for PvP climbs if I need them.

They were more useful on PvE climbs back in the day, and I bet new users use them more often. With proper team synergy and planning you should probably rarely use them at all.

Was on 1200+ healthpacks when Quests came in, now I'm constantly on 0: only 3000 more to go until my next OML cover!

• BIglehart
    BIglehart Posts: 1 Just Dropped In

ARE there plans to make this offer available to Kindle users? Or should it be and the $9.99 price is specific to me?

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

@BIglehart said:
    ARE there plans to make this offer available to Kindle users? Or should it be and the $9.99 price is specific to me?

@S0kun Can we get an update on the $1 VIP deal for Kindle Fire users? It's still showing as $9.99.

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 343 Mover and Shaker

@shardwick said:

@BIglehart said:

@S0kun Can we get an update on the $1 VIP deal for Kindle Fire users? It's still showing as $9.99.

That was the plan, but looks like there's a Kindle bug that we're working on fixing.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards

@S0kun said:

@shardwick said:

@BIglehart said:

That was the plan, but looks like there's a Kindle bug that we're working on fixing.

Ok, thanks for the info.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler

Don't forget to renew for $1. I was able to get it a second time for $1. You still have a couple of days.

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor

@MrPlow said:
    Don't forget to renew for $1. I was able to get it a second time for $1. You still have a couple of days.

I did. The minimum amount to put in your Steam wallet is €5, so I had some left.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

Same well worth it for a dollar.

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 264 Mover and Shaker

I also renewed for $1. Totally worth it.

• Rhipf
    Rhipf Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker

I'd buy that for a dollar.

• hygge_hound
    hygge_hound Posts: 55 Match Maker

Was there a new costume? I clicked too fast to see. I don't remember getting the dupe costume hp, so assuming not since it's still April.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,383 Chairperson of the Boards

It wasn't new. It was a Medusa costume I think??? and I got 100 hp from it because it was a dupe.