$1 VIP

Options
Aweberman
Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

It's been a long time since I've thought VIP was worth $10. But $1? Sure. Although it kind of sucks for my alliance mates that just purchased it in the last couple days. Unless...

• Is it going to continue to be $1? (The fact that it has launched on April 1 would argue against this.)
  • Has VIP just been upgraded? The first reward was 125 HP, which was unusual-looking enough for me to scroll through the list and see larger numbers than I remember -- 5 CP, 250 HP, 10000 ISO, and a Classic Legends token, among others.

Comments

• Kwahder
    Kwahder Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Options

As someone who is currently on VIP, those are much better rewards than I’m getting.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Yea I was a little disappointed to see the notification of it being on sale right now when I’m already a VIP and to see now that these rewards for it are higher than what it normally is also makes me just as sad :(

• MultipleMan98
    MultipleMan98 Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Is this new VIP rewards system here to stay or just a one off? I'm wondering because o renewed my VIP yesterday 🥲

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

For £0.99 I grabbed. Hopefully they might upgrade those already subscribed?

• Domitronas
    Domitronas Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited April 2023
    Options

Fastest dollar I've ever spent in my life. Hoping they get enough metrics to see that higher value bundles = more purchases.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sigh.
    This is NOT how you test stuff.
    You EITHER upgrade the rewards OR you lower the price.
    Doing it like this gets you garbage metrics.

• JimboJambo
    JimboJambo Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

Great offer, first time I've ever bought VIP and a good way to draw people in. I'm assuming the offer will be up for the whole of April so that no one misses out if they are mid cycle.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I almost feel like the deal will only apply for today as the offer in game says to get this months VIP 4/1 dollar, a nice play on words for todays date. If it does apply the whole month I’ll assuredly reup when mine ends later this month, especially with those rewards.

I’d hope, though, if those are going to be the new rewards going forward they could update the current VIPs with that set or provide retro rewards for what was missed out.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Sigh.
    This is NOT how you test stuff.
    You EITHER upgrade the rewards OR you lower the price.
    Doing it like this gets you garbage metrics.

You aren't wrong that the resulting data is messy, and not very helpful from an experimental perspective. but maybe data collection isn't the purpose? Maybe there is some corporate mandate to increase monthly membership counts, or to test some new sales processing back end software. . .

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options

Steam still has VIP for €8,19. Android has it for €1,09 though.

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options

@Dogface said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that and if it was part of some sort of April Fools joke. Back to being the second-class citizens I guess.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@LHammer said:

@Dogface said:

Yeah, I was wondering about that and if it was part of some sort of April Fools joke. Back to being the second-class citizens I guess.

I'm on Kindle Fire and it's still showing $9.99 for me. Pretty lame if only part of the userbase gets this deal.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I am on iOS. When I first logged in it was $10, but it updated to .99 cents. I was not in vip beforehand I bought my vip by looking at the bottom of the display.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Since it's April 1st maybe it's an April fools joke and you only get 1 day of VIP :smile:

KGB

• rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options

9 days in to my current VIP. Bit annoying

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

This offer is valid for one month. And VIP lasts for only 28 days.

• LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options

It now appears to be fixed on Steam. The Join button reads $0.99

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    I almost feel like the deal will only apply for today

It lasts for a month, so even if you already paid full price you will get the chance to buy the $1 deal.

Personally even with the re-worked rewards I find VIP poor value and have for years. For what it gave for my rate of earning. We are all at different spots in the game but I've been free to play for probably 7 years out my near 8 playing. Especially with todays economy CP is something I cannot even spend off the back of my LT rate. I can champ every 5* and not spend CP. Which now sits at over 35k and HP 420000. ISO 24 million. So VIP has no value to me at £10 a month.

This £0.99p deal was good though and I didn't pass it up. I'd pay that going forward.

VIP for me should have unlimited boosts and health packs.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Tony_Foot said:

@bigjojo04 said:
    I almost feel like the deal will only apply for today

It lasts for a month, so even if you already paid full price you will get the chance to buy the $1 deal.

Personally even with the re-worked rewards I find VIP poor value and have for years. For what it gave for my rate of earning. We are all at different spots in the game but I've been free to play for probably 7 years out my near 8 playing. Especially with todays economy CP is something I cannot even spend off the back of my LT rate. I can champ every 5* and not spend CP. Which now sits at over 35k and HP 420000. ISO 24 million. So VIP has no value to me at £10 a month.

This £0.99p deal was good though and I didn't pass it up. I'd pay that going forward.

VIP for me should have unlimited boosts and health packs.

That’s a great point. I buy VIP to support the game. I don’t really need the rewards. But the unlimited health packs would provide me way more value than the resources this version gives. I wish they had two separate packages you could purchase.