A request: a single source of truth

Options
gamecat235
gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler

Hello Devs, Mods, and community at large,

I’d like to propose an idea which has been proposed before. But which has obviously been a point of contention recently.

I would like to ask that your public communication, when it comes from the official team, always has a primary communication channel. And to be frank, I do not care what channel you elect to use.

In the past we have seen:

In game messaging via pop-ups
The official forums (here)
The social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and such)
Reddit
Discord

All I am asking for is that for community wide updates, such as a broken event which requires actual action to prevent a deluge of CS tickets, or nerfed characters, or any other major change in gameplay which is not covered in the release notes has a primary delivery system that we as players can reliably look to so as to know whether it’s an official communication or just a partial update while we all wait for a formal response.

With the latest boss event, a VERY long time went by without any official communication, and when it came, it appeared on Facebook and Twitter. And if that is your chosen primary source of the truth. Great. We’ll all set some alerts and remember to check social media channels when something is amiss.

But if that’s not your deliberate primary communication method, could you either:

1. Specify what method we should be looking at?
  2. Mirror the communication within the “official” delivery methods?

It’s fine that you elected to use social media, but could you also post an update to the forums? Or if you aren’t going to, can we formalize that answer so that one of the community mods here can repeat / echo that response with a link to the communication?

We just want to know where to look for updates. And lately it seems as though there is not a decided formal channel for this type of communication to the player base.

I appreciate the effort that you all put into this game and community.

Thanks!
Gamecat

Comments

• justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options

Agree. When big issues like this happen, communication is key. I regularly keep an eye on all of these places, but others do not.

• Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 699 Critical Contributor
    Options

Info should definitely be posted here. Twitter/Facebook/etc. are places where it can be difficult to find what you’re looking for. If these are going to be the official forums for the game, they should be the official place to get news and information.

Just my opinion.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

"Fake news!!"(couldn't resist)

"One source to rule them all."

Seriously though, this would be great. I also don't care much which mode gets used, just pick one and stick with it.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Unfortunately I only have the one Like to give, great post!

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think they like to play a game of cat and mouse. They might make this place a single source of truth if more players sing their praise. Or you have to glide around different channels at night to look for the truth. :p

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

When your players have trouble finding the info you put out about your game, you have problems.
    Maybe time to hire a dedicated community manager instead of making the janitor do it on his time off.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

All of this extremely very much. Great post and really needs actioning. We know that most likely the official forums have to exist for legal reasons it is far past time they were a reliable source of first call information about the game. I don't care if the Devs want to babble on about their favourite pizza toppings and their pet cats on Discord, go nuts. When they break the game though we need to know what is going on HERE not by looking out for a message in a bottle that was shot into the Atlantic with a hyperlink to Reddit inside.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I love the casual banter on Discord, but Gamecat makes a solid argument.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Considering you can get directly to the forums by clicking on one of the social “join the community” links in game, it doesn’t make much sense to have Reddit or discord being the first source of info since neither can be directly accessed from in game. If that’s what they want to do I’d recommend them adding those options in the join the community section so it’s easily accessible. I don’t ever go to Reddit or use discord so I really rely on this place more than any for my news and it’s disheartening to know this is usually the last place to find out about information.

But whichever option they do choose to use first, if that ever does occur, then it should be one of them already listed in that section or to be added there so players in game have easy access to it to be able to find out what’s going on. It shouldn’t have to be a treasure hunt to find what’s going on.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Heads up!!! Taco Tues event incoming. Source MPQ twitter

• Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Phumade said:
    Heads up!!! Taco Tues event incoming. Source MPQ twitter

Further proof that they should have one source for all information.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I see a Shark instead of Deadpool.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,129 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options
  • gamecat235
    Options

Maybe Jeff ate Deadpool

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's amazing how after discord and reddit they now switched to Twitter for the communication.
    Out of the blue.

• gamecat235
    Options

Hi @Scofie ! GTSY! So what I’m asking for would be some kind of announcement (maybe with a new tag like “social media teaser” or something) that’s in the General Discussion area. Honestly it wouldn’t even have to be stickied for all posts (but ones like the Apoc event might be). Just some amount of timely mirroring of the announcements wherever they are made, but here in the forums.

Or if you won’t be able to commit to that, an answer stating that so that folks who are part of this community can confidently do the same without fear of the posts being immediately made redundant or removed.

Or really, anything to that effect. Thanks! And Jeff is super cute. I really hope he’s actually the next 5/3.