What's New MPQ: April 2023 (Updated 4/12/23)

Options

Comments

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 167 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Everyone: "we're sick and tired of Chasm "
    BCS: "here's his first boost week! Enjoy!"

I understand this was in jest (I lol), but for the record, this is Chasm's 3rd time boosted for the week. Not to pile it on, but there are other 5-stars released before Chasm who have fewer weeks boosted: Moon Knight, Gargantos, and Kamala Khan. Hopefully, they won't get skipped further down the line.

• Wolvie171
    edited April 2023
    Options

@ElectricVasting said:
    So just to confirm -- Colleen Wing is getting her turn skipped again?? I think the first time, she was crowded out by Reptil/Doop, the second time she was crowded out by Namora (who should have left Latest by that point but was getting another turn because Namora had been skipped too), and now she's getting crowded out by Deathlok, who should have left Latest two months ago.

Actually, all of these characters just haven't received their time in the limelight yet. What is perceived as being skipped or replaced in the 4E rotation stems from the releases for Spider-Man (Oscorp) and She-Hulk (Origin), going back to August of last year. Both were released 1 week apart, on 08/11/22 and 08/18/22, instead of the typical 4-week spread.

As a result, the PVE rotation doubled down on featuring Spider-Man and She-Hulk until their runs were completed. The domino effect is that the latest 4's are all on a delayed cycle, while the earlier 4's finish out their appearances. On average, the latest 4-star receives 5-6 featured events. Spidey got 5, and She-Hulk got 6.

The current tally for their featured events, in order of release, is:

Spider-Man: 5
    She-Hulk: 6
    Reptil: 6
    Doop: 6
    Deathlok: 5
    Namora: 4
    Abomination: 3
    Colleen: 3 (including the double Boss events, thank you devs for this!)
    M’Baku: 2
    Clea: 2

Based on the above, Deathlok should be on his last or second-to-last featured event. The others after Deathlok (Namora, Abomination, Colleen, M’Baku & Clea) are all waiting for their turns. If this trend continues, expect similar delays for future 4-star releases.

One way to get caught up is to skip the 2 Classics and feature all of the latest 4's back-to-back until the 4E rotation is current. That's probably asking too much, but one can dream! :D

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

So no official statements regarding the upcoming gaps in the schedule after two days back in the office?
    Impressive lack of communication.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    So no official statements regarding the upcoming gaps in the schedule after two days back in the office?

To be fair S0kun did comment briefly about their scheduling snafu and said to watch for the update to this thread for any updates to the schedule and the most recent one that shows the rest of the events for this month don’t show any more off days at least for the rest of this month.

The original calendar and the new dates that were updated no longer coincide completely with one another so I would assume we follow what the update says.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options

The calendar still shows a days gap between strange sights and lost in time on 23rd/24th of this month. And lost in time overlaps boss event by a day, so could easily be pulled forward a day to fix issues at both ends of this event. Or has that change already been communicated somewhere else, and the graphic just not been updated?

• pepitedechocolat
    pepitedechocolat Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options

@trenchdigger The text below the image seems to be more up to date, and the hole of 23rd seems to have been remove...

• Bowgentle
    Options

Sigh.
    Guess we'll know when stuff shows up in game.
    It would be so easy to write a two-liner, and build so much goodwill.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bowgentle said:
    Sigh.

Agreed. But, for whatever reason, communication has really fallen off the cliff the past 3 -4 months.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options

@pepitedechocolat thanks for pointing this out; I neglected to look at anything other than the graphic. Lets hope the text is correct.

• Wolvie171
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:

@Bowgentle said:

To be fair S0kun did comment briefly about their scheduling snafu and said to watch for the update to this thread for any updates to the schedule and the most recent one that shows the rest of the events for this month don’t show any more off days at least for the rest of this month.

The original calendar and the new dates that were updated no longer coincide completely with one another so I would assume we follow what the update says.

Yes, but even these new dates seem off... :/

@IceIX said:

4/17 - 4/22 Cosmic Chaos
    Placement Rewards: Wong, Hellcat, Jeffrey (Land Shark), Ms. Marvel
    Progression Rewards: Magik (P5), Deathlok, Emma Frost (New X-Men), Storm (Classic)

4/21 - 4/25 Fight For Wakanda
    Placement Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), New Character (4*), Hulk (Indestructible), Ares
    Progression Rewards: Wong, Hellcat, Jeffrey (Land Shark), Ms. Marvel

4/24 - 4/29 Operation Spider Silk
    Placement Rewards: Knull, Miles Morales, Thor (Modern), Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), New Character (4*), Hulk (Indestructible), Ares

Is PVE starting and ending on Fridays on the West Coast now? The updated top post shows Cosmic Chaos and Operation Spider Silk ending on Fridays, along with Fight For Wakanda starting on a Friday. Iirc, the date & times are based on Eastern Timezone, hence the carryover into Saturday for CC and OSS, and Wednesday for FFW.

The next new release is on Thursday, April 20th, so FFW should have the same start date. Riiight?

• DJ47057
    DJ47057 Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Sigh.

Agreed. But, for whatever reason, communication has really fallen off the cliff the past 3 -4 months.

I'm not sure it's less communication. But it's more to talk about because of the fails they produced

• EddieCL
    EddieCL Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2023
    Options

I'm with you, @Wolvie171. This is how I see it:

Schedule says "4/17 - 4/22 Cosmic Chaos"
    It should read "4/17 - 4/21 Cosmic Chaos" (the 3-day version)

Schedule says "4/21 - 4/25 Fight For Wakanda"
    It should read "4/20 - 4/25 Fight For Wakanda" (to start on a Thursday, as usual)

Schedule says "4/24 - 4/29 Operation Spider Silk"
    It should read "4/24 - 4/28 Operation Spider Silk" (the 3-day version, since FFW is 4 days, so the next Boss event can start properly on Thursday, as it must)

About the calendar... idk why you guys bother in making it, if it's pure garbage meant to be ignored anyway.

@IceIX double-check these above, please? Before it's too late. Thanks.

• ElectricVasting
    ElectricVasting Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2023
    Options

Thanks Wolvie - this is interesting info I wasn't aware of. But it doesn't seem to purely be a delayed schedule -- because I think MBaku has already had two events, even though he came after Colleen. Like - if it's true we're delayed, it seems like we should be cycling through Deathlok, Namora, and Abom now (or if only one of the slots is super-behind, then maybe Deathlok, Colleen and Mbaku?) -- not Deathlok, MBaku, and Clea, right?

I think Colleen got a turn when she was first released. But then I think she only got 1 from the double Boss event, because C4ge was the reward in the first go-round.

I suppose maybe since they shoe-horned that last Namora in, maybe they replaced Colleen with her, which could maybe make the numbers make more sense. Deathlok and MBaku both got double-rewarded from Enemy of the State, so that would seem an easy place to cut two turns from the backlog ...

@Wolvie171 said:
    The current tally for their featured events, in order of release, is:
    Spider-Man: 4
    She-Hulk: 5
    Reptil: 5
    Doop: 5
    Deathlok: 4
    Namora: 3
    Abomination: 2
    Colleen: 0 (1-2 if counting the double Boss events, thank you for this!)
    Clea: 1

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Looking at the frequent confusion surrounding pve schedules, ignorance is bliss in MPQ sometimes. o:)

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    Now seems like a great time to take a break from the game. ✌

For the devs, trying to fiddle around with settings?
    I fully agree.

More so for chasm's boost week, which I thought was sooner than it is. I also originally thought it was ihulk and not banner on the boost list as well (I got scramble brains from doing my taxes all week). And of course I'm gonna play, what else am I gonna do?! I'm gonna die playing this game lol

• toecutter3095
    toecutter3095 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options

I would second the motion for abandoning the graphical calendar. What is its purpose, do they print this and hang it up in MPQ HQ? :D
    Having 2 representations of the same info, graphics and text, only seems to highlight how out of sync they usually are.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DJ47057 said:

@LavaManLee said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Sigh.

I'm not sure it's less communication. But it's more to talk about because of the fails they produced

It's definitely less communication than when they first started. They were on these forums all the time in the early days letting us know what's up. Nowadays we get a few bones thrown here and there but nothing like when BCS first took over MPQ.

• Bowgentle
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@DJ47057 said:

@LavaManLee said:

@Bowgentle said:
    Sigh.

It's definitely less communication than when they first started. They were on these forums all the time in the early days letting us know what's up. Nowadays we get a few bones thrown here and there but nothing like when BCS first took over MPQ.

Sounds like Demiurge, TBH.
    Massive constant communication to build a community, then - they stopped.

Guess it's standard practice for these mature F2P games with skeleton live ops crews.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I actually like having the calendar as it provides a good visual representation of what is “supposed” to happen during the month cuz it’s easier for me to decipher things if I have a visual model to look at rather than a wall of text. Just don’t take that image as absolute truth since it does say subject to change at the bottom and as soon as they make a mistake(which seems to happen more and more) you have to imagine that the dates will change accordingly to make up for whatever was in error.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's not surprising. History repeats.

BCS Dev would rather spend his time over at reddit, chat casually with the players there and congratulate players' milestones. Majority of the players in reddit are largely respectful to him.

On the other hand, this place is quite a hostile place towards dev. It's an easy choice between reddit and here.