What's New MPQ: April 2023 (Updated 4/12/23)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

And they can sleep when they're dead!

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    I’m not seeing the preview for the Apoc re-run that’s supposed to start today. Anyone else?

They said more news today, not rerun starting today. Give the team (based in Pacific Time) a chance to actually look at the data from the run now that it’s over!

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Probably actually they are superheroes and they work at partial time pretending to be devs.
    And the time they are absent or not posting notifications actually are there saving the world.

• AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options

3/30 - 4/2 Boss Event: Apocalypse NEW
    Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), Beast, Colleen Wing
    Alliance Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic)

4/2 - 4/7 Honor Among Thieves NEW
    Placement Rewards: Knull, Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic), Daken (DA)
    Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), Colleen Wing, Falcon, Thor (Marvel NOW)

4/6 - 4/11 The Hunt NEW
    Placement Rewards: New 5*, Medusa, Blade (Daywalker), Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Progression Rewards: Knull, Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic), Daken (DA)

4/9 - 4/13 Infinite Pursuit NEW
    Placement Rewards: Black Panther (Civil War), M'Baku, Loki (DR), Bullseye (DA)
    Progression Rewards: New 5*, Medusa, Blade (Daywalker), Captain America (Steve Rogers)

The PvE list seems to have gotten a bit confused. Honor Among Thieves gives Knull, not Kang. And The 5* for placement is Crystal.

• Bowgentle
    Options

And they can sleep when they're dead!> @AlexR said:

3/30 - 4/2 Boss Event: Apocalypse NEW
    Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), Beast, Colleen Wing
    Alliance Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic)

4/2 - 4/7 Honor Among Thieves NEW
    Placement Rewards: Knull, Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic), Daken (DA)
    Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), Colleen Wing, Falcon, Thor (Marvel NOW)

4/6 - 4/11 The Hunt NEW
    Placement Rewards: New 5*, Medusa, Blade (Daywalker), Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Progression Rewards: Knull, Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic), Daken (DA)

4/9 - 4/13 Infinite Pursuit NEW
    Placement Rewards: Black Panther (Civil War), M'Baku, Loki (DR), Bullseye (DA)
    Progression Rewards: New 5*, Medusa, Blade (Daywalker), Captain America (Steve Rogers)

The PvE list seems to have gotten a bit confused. Honor Among Thieves gives Knull, not Kang. And The 5* for placement is Crystal.

Yes, we've gone through this on page 2 already.
    No reaction.

• AlexR
    Options

Ah, I missed that, didn't scroll down far enough.
    The silence lately is a bit concerning.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options

There used to be loads of "the end is nigh" boards around here somewhere

• AlexR
    Options

Pretty sure we stored those in the cupboard. They're a bit dusty, but never go out of fashion.

(I don't believe the end is nigh. BCS was just very quick with their responses in the beginning, so I'm sad to see a return to silence. Hopefully we'll get back on track.)

• emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options

There appears to be a slight issue with the pve scheduling... Infinite Pursuit seems to be starting before The Hunt has finished.
    That may work for those that can play different slices, but for those playing the same slice it will not work.

• EddieCL
    EddieCL Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
    Options

@emswad said:
    There appears to be a slight issue with the pve scheduling... Infinite Pursuit seems to be starting before The Hunt has finished.
    That may work for those that can play different slices, but for those playing the same slice it will not work.

@IceIX
    I hope you can do something about this. We can't/shouldn't be forced to choose one event to ruin in order to play optimally the other one. Please??

• Bowgentle
    Options

Well done, once again.
    Stuff like that should REALLY be caught in advance.

Well I guess I'll be taking an extended lunch break and do s1 for infinite pursuit.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

When I first saw it, I'd assumed it was a diagram error and the 3 day Hunt would run instead, preventing the event overlap.

• emswad
    emswad Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Scofie said:
    When I first saw it, I'd assumed it was a diagram error and the 3 day Hunt would run instead, preventing the event overlap.

Yeah, that would have helped the situation somewhat.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Scofie said:

I too assumed the early start for Infinite Pursuit was in error, for 2 primary reasons:

1) The overlap with the currently running event. The Hunt has another 2+ days before it ends, which means there will be 2 simultaneously running PVEs when Infinite Pursuit starts.

2) If Infinite Pursuit were to start Sunday, it would end Wednesday which is unusual as typically PVE begins/ends on Thursdays. It would also create another 1-day gap for the start of the next PVE, according to the calendar. Meet Rocket & Groot is slated to start on Thursday.

@IceIX, can Infinite Pursuit be rescheduled to start on Monday? That would solve the overlap this weekend and the potential gap later this week. If it's too late this weekend, another possibility would be to restart Infinite on Monday.

• DashBC
    DashBC Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options

Strange Sights and Lost in Time at the end of the month also appears botched. @icex

• EddieCL
    edited April 2023
    Options

@IceIX
    Since we are at it, and considering that the erratas in the calendar translate to factual mistakes, please fix the overlapping of the events on the 27th of April, Lost in Time end and beginning of Boss event.

Again, Infinite Pursuit has to be pulled back...

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 599 Critical Contributor
    Options

The scheduling snafus need to stop.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    The scheduling snafus need to stop.

Scheduling? Seems like every time they correct an error, another veers its head. More apologies and make up rewards on the way...

edit:
    While looking at the in-game previews, why are is it 4 classic 5-star essentials in a row? Knull -> Crystal -> Storm - > Black Panther?

• EddieCL
    Options

While looking at the in-game previews, why are is it 4 classic 5-star essentials in a row? Knull -> Crystal -> Storm - > Black Panther?

Knull and Black Panther were meant to be the 2 Classics in rotation, with Crystal to cover for the new release.
    After Boss Event, HAT was supposed to have Kang shards for progression rewards and Knull for placement.
    But, Boss event and HAT would give too much of Kang in a row (in covers and in shards, respectively), right?
    So, what did BC do? They removed Kang from HAT and brought Knull and Crystal forward... and left themselves 1 classic short for the new release
    And that's how Storm came to be.

• JoeyCool
    JoeyCool Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options

So nothing official on the overlapping PvE events yet? Is it intentional? Are we going to have to start mixing time slots (slices) or is it an error?