What's New MPQ: April 2023 (Updated 4/12/23)

Options

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Apocalypse boss event is up and only 180,000 point is needed for alliance full progression rewards while 900,000 is needed for personal progression rewards.

Did they miss out two zeroes?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Who cares.
    Let weaker alliances finish this for once.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Sounds good to me!

• furbear00000
    furbear00000 Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@CASSIDYFROST said:
    ok, IT'S JEFF!

definitely want it to be the next 5*!!!!

Holy s***, and the clue is candygram. It's totally the shark. Ths dude is dead on.

• raber18
    raber18 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options

It's already been mentioned but I too believe it is Jubilee. Or at least definitely a mutant

• Domsouth04
    Domsouth04 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options

My guess for new character is Justin hammer

• Spoobacca
    Spoobacca Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Please tell me that we won’t have a repeat of last boss event (restarting an hour in). Fix the Alliance points before starting, please please please.

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

Why would you want them to fix it? It's 180,000 points for all the alliance rewards, instead of I can't remember how many millions. 5.4 million? Even if they restarted it, I think there's still a gain? :D

• Spoobacca
    Spoobacca Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

Good point, maybe an extra cover of Kang, awwww shucks.

• jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options

Follow-up on clarification request: Will The Hunt be the 3-day (running 4/6 - 4/10) or the 4-day version (4/6 - 4/11). Similarly, Infinite Pursuit 4/9 - 4/14 (4-day) or 4/10-4/14 (3-day)?

For that same week, is it 5* Spider-Man (Peter Parker) or Spider-Man (Back in Black) who’s boosted?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

In order to compensate for the Apocalypse snaffle there will be a new 7 day event - Hunt the Apocalypse Infinitely - Dr. Strange will be essential.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Honor Among Thieves in game rewards don’t match what’s posted here. It’s Knull for progression and Crystal for placement in game.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Surprise!

• HoundofShadow
    Options

Schedule is subject to change anytime.

No one going to waste their weekends logging into this forum saying that placement/progression would change.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yet someone had time to tweet on a weekend.
    Funny.

Also COME ON.
    If we can't trust the info for the very next pve, why post it in the first place.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2023
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Schedule is subject to change anytime.

No one going to waste their weekends logging into this forum saying that placement/progression would change.

Via the calendar, yes... but there should be a presumption that what was posted on the official forum is correct. It's not :/

If you can't appreciate the efforts of this community to correct the information, please find another venue to direct your baseless indignations

@IceIX said:
    4/2 - 4/7 Honor Among Thieves NEW
    Placement Rewards: Knull, Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic), Daken (DA)
    Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), Colleen Wing, Falcon, Thor (Marvel NOW)

4/6 - 4/11 The Hunt NEW
    Placement Rewards: New 5*, Medusa, Blade (Daywalker), Captain America (Steve Rogers)
    Progression Rewards: Knull, Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic), Daken (DA)

4/9 - 4/13 Infinite Pursuit NEW
    Placement Rewards: Black Panther (Civil War), M'Baku, Loki (DR), Bullseye (DA)
    Progression Rewards: New 5*, Medusa, Blade (Daywalker), Captain America (Steve Rogers)

In-game preview for Honor Among Thieves indicates the following:

Placement Rewards: Crystal, Medusa, Blade, Captain America

Looks like a simple mix-up between the events (it happens), and the next PVE may differ from the original post as well. Waiting for the in-game preview to confirm :D

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2023
    Options

It actually looks like they kept the original schedule (Kang/Colleen/Falcon) but those characters were put on the boss event (which didn’t actually need to use them), and continued on with the next order (Knull/Cage/Torch… and then Crystal/Medusa/Blade).

I’m assuming this won’t be able to be fixed. @IceIX any chance you can confirm? And since Crystal was the “older Classic which was just being used as the essential”, she wasn’t supposed to be getting shards and yet will, which means that BlackPanther might actually get “missed” when New5 comes out during Infinite Pursuit.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Xception81 said:
    It actually looks like they kept the original schedule (Kang/Colleen/Falcon) but those characters were put on the boss event (which didn’t actually need to use them), and continued on with the next order (Knull/Cage/Torch… and then Crystal/Medusa/Blade).

No, this isn’t the case. We got Kang/Colleen/Beast from the boss event as originally stated. According to the top post here, we were supposed to get Colleen twice in a row.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,490 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@CASSIDYFROST said:
    ok, IT'S JEFF!

Oh, I have no idea who or what that is but I definitely want it to be the next 5*!!!!

Well, the clue is "Candygram" which is in fact a reference to a classic SNL skit with a land shark, so that seems extremely likely.

Also, I'm amused that instead of miscellaneous stuff in his stomach, it's the MPQ tiles.