What's New MPQ: April 2023 (Updated 4/12/23)

Options

Comments

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@Xception81 said:
    It actually looks like they kept the original schedule (Kang/Colleen/Falcon) but those characters were put on the boss event (which didn’t actually need to use them), and continued on with the next order (Knull/Cage/Torch… and then Crystal/Medusa/Blade).

No, this isn’t the case. We got Kang/Colleen/Beast from the boss event as originally stated. According to the top post here, we were supposed to get Colleen twice in a row.

I wasn’t quite clear. The current schedule is 3 Latest followed by 2 Classics, unless the new 5* is released when a Classic is essential in which case they bring in someone else as the “placeholder” so they don’t lose their spot in the real rotation of classics.

Boss events are always/usually not part of this schedule. When a boss event happens they just “pause” the 3Latest/2Classic schedule for an event, give us whatever covers they happen to choose, and then keep going with the next PvE.

So I agree that this boss event gave us what we expected, but I think in the background they forgot to “pause” the rotation because we “lost” the expected Kang/Colleen/Falcon and are going straight to the next grouping.

Here’s the schedule as it was supposed to be:
    3/12 F4W (new Magik5): placeholder Heimdall
    3/16 SpiderSilk: classic Hela
    3/20 HoD: classic iHulk
    3/23 UnIso: Latest HitMonkey
    3/27 WW: Latest Wong
    (Break for boss event)
    4/2 HaT: Latest Kang
    4/6 Hunt: Classic Knull
    4/9 InfPurs (new Jeffrey5): placeholder Crystal
    4/13 MtR&G: classic BlkPanther

But in game we’re showing that Knull and Crystal are an event earlier than they “should” be. And yes I know that schedules are subject to change, and maybe they’re putting boss events back into the rotation of 5s, but I’m just pointing out what I think happened based on what was originally written and what’s now in-game.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 262 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Xception81 said:

I wasn’t quite clear. The current schedule is 3 Latest followed by 2 Classics, unless the new 5* is released when a Classic is essential in which case they bring in someone else as the “placeholder” so they don’t lose their spot in the real rotation of classics.

Boss events are always/usually not part of this schedule. When a boss event happens they just “pause” the 3Latest/2Classic schedule for an event, give us whatever covers they happen to choose, and then keep going with the next PvE.

So I agree that this boss event gave us what we expected, but I think in the background they forgot to “pause” the rotation because we “lost” the expected Kang/Colleen/Falcon and are going straight to the next grouping.

Here’s the schedule as it was supposed to be:
    3/12 F4W (new Magik5): placeholder Heimdall
    3/16 SpiderSilk: classic Hela
    3/20 HoD: classic iHulk
    3/23 UnIso: Latest HitMonkey
    3/27 WW: Latest Wong
    (Break for boss event)
    4/2 HaT: Latest Kang
    4/6 Hunt: Classic Knull
    4/9 InfPurs (new Jeffrey5): placeholder Crystal
    4/13 MtR&G: classic BlkPanther

But in game we’re showing that Knull and Crystal are an event earlier than they “should” be. And yes I know that schedules are subject to change, and maybe they’re putting boss events back into the rotation of 5s, but I’m just pointing out what I think happened based on what was originally written and what’s now in-game.

Got it! See, I took it that they added Colleen in twice in a row (boss and PvE) as an extra reward because they skipped her and Namora in prior rotations, so they both currently are under covered compared to other 4s.

In any case, whatever the underlying cause, I’ll miss those Kang and Colleen shards lol 😎

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I'll miss the Knull placement rewards, he's almost finished.
    But eh, I'll live.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Xception81 said:
    I’m assuming this won’t be able to be fixed.

When was the last time they actually fixed something?

• Xception81
    Options

@dianetics said:

@Xception81 said:
    I’m assuming this won’t be able to be fixed.

When was the last time they actually fixed something?

Exactly. 😉

• Xception81
    Options

And to be honest I’m kind of sad, because Black Panther is one of the handful of 5s I don’t have champed, so I was really hoping for those progression shards.

Even if they can’t fix it, I hope they have enough time to put another older placeholder in before Black Panther so that his shards don’t get skipped. I don’t know how far in the future they can change things, as opposed to fix things.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 441 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Xception81 said:
    And to be honest I’m kind of sad, because Black Panther is one of the handful of 5s I don’t have champed, so I was really hoping for those progression shards.

Even if they can’t fix it, I hope they have enough time to put another older placeholder in before Black Panther so that his shards don’t get skipped. I don’t know how far in the future they can change things, as opposed to fix things.

Small consolation, you'll probably get a few more levels for m'baku before he rotates out. That might be enough to get you BP cover and shards.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@CASSIDYFROST said:
    ok, IT'S JEFF!

Oh, I have no idea who or what that is but I definitely want it to be the next 5*!!!!

Well, the clue is "Candygram" which is in fact a reference to a classic SNL skit with a land shark, so that seems extremely likely.

Also, I'm amused that instead of miscellaneous stuff in his stomach, it's the MPQ tiles.

Yeah SNL not a thing for my country but...SHARK!!! Jaws make it happen.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@CASSIDYFROST said:
    ok, IT'S JEFF!

Oh, I have no idea who or what that is but I definitely want it to be the next 5*!!!!

Well, the clue is "Candygram" which is in fact a reference to a classic SNL skit with a land shark, so that seems extremely likely.

Also, I'm amused that instead of miscellaneous stuff in his stomach, it's the MPQ tiles.

It's pretty dopey, but here's a link:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p_NS2H55dxI

• DAZ0273
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@GrimSkald said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@CASSIDYFROST said:
    ok, IT'S JEFF!

It's pretty dopey, but here's a link:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=p_NS2H55dxI

I'm aware of what it is although I am far more familiar with the older cast than anybody who might be on these days - some pretty big names in comedy owe their big breaks to SNL it just wasn't shown here (UK) that I am aware of (though no doubt it is available on streaming or some other avenue). I have read the Marvel Team Up with the Not Ready for Prime Time cast which was a bit of a surreal experience especially the samurai joke which as a 12 year old at the time of reading I sort of liked I think. Long time ago. I think I enjoyed the Avengers on David Letterman more but no idea what the giant door knob was all about!

• Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Options

It's weird that so many people connect a really old SNL skit to this MPQ clue as though they just saw the clue and thought "oh yeah, that one SNL skit".

I must have missed the spoiler.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Blackstone said:
    It's weird that so many people connect a really old SNL skit to this MPQ clue as though they just saw the clue and thought "oh yeah, that one SNL skit".

It's a bit before my time (I was a child in the 70s,) but it's pretty iconic. As much so as the samurai burger cook ("cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger") at least.

If you catch the reference it makes the clue pretty clear. Unlike, say, "more human than human," which fits a solid 3/4 of the Marvel characters there aren't many land sharks.

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    Options

grrr... more errors from the team. when they can't even get the progression/placement rewards right.
    4/2 - 4/7 Honor Among Thieves NEW
    Placement Rewards: Knull, Luke Cage (Power Man), Human Torch (Classic), Daken (DA)
    Progression Rewards: Kang (The Conqueror), Colleen Wing, Falcon, Thor (Marvel NOW)

In game shows Progression Knull, placement Crystal. Do you guys not have a QA department to double check information? Or Playtest?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Blackstone said:

That was seriously my very first thought when I saw the clue, and I wasn't even alive when that sketch originally aired. It reran so many times in various "best of" specials over the years.

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@Blackstone said:

That was seriously my very first thought when I saw the clue, and I wasn't even alive when that sketch originally aired. It reran so many times in various "best of" specials over the years.

Oh man...this has freaked me out. I was sure you must be older than me!!! Next I'm gonna learn that Hound doesn't really live in the shadows. 🙁🙁😢

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,949 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Blackstone said:

Oh man...this has freaked me out. I was sure you must be older than me!!! Next I'm gonna learn that Hound doesn't really live in the shadows. 🙁🙁😢

I'll turn 14 next month!

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,922 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I’m not seeing the preview for the Apoc re-run that’s supposed to start today. Anyone else?

• DAZ0273
    Options

On the Apoc join thread players are saying their Alliance mates seem to have got the missing rewards after event end. Maybe they have abandoned it before actually confirming anything? Maybe Kang sent it away? The shark ate it?

At this point almost anything seems possible.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They never confirmed that they'll re-run I think?
    Also, anything is possible with this group.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Uhm...DDQ preview up as shark dressed as Gwenpool...