Waves nodes need to disappear!

Options

Comments

• dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

As others have said, wave nodes were created for this event because of the Hand. I like wave nodes because it allows you to use a lot of different character combinations that you normally wouldn't use because they are "too slow".

I'm thinking when this even first came out...I used Luke Cage, Blade, and Human Torch to compete the wave nodes. Maybe used 3Grocket as well to drop blue strike tiles. Been a few years!

• lilshir
    lilshir Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options

Just let go of the killing announcements. I know I killed the entire wave, I used a specific power for that. I MEANT for that to happen. Roll the next wave. PLEASE

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@dokiy said:
    As others have said, wave nodes were created for this event because of the Hand. I like wave nodes because it allows you to use a lot of different character combinations that you normally wouldn't use because they are "too slow".

I'm thinking when this even first came out...I used Luke Cage, Blade, and Human Torch to compete the wave nodes. Maybe used 3Grocket as well to drop blue strike tiles. Been a few years!

Or were The Hand created for wave nodes? Chicken or Egg?!??!?

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:

@MrPlow said:
    Also the replacement of a heroic token instead of an event token years ago makes the extra rewards from wave node trivial.

Why do you see event tokens as being better than heroic tokens? Sure, there's a chance of getting an LL, but heroic tokens having a higher chance of getting a 4* and provide shards.

Personally for me, I like being able to see what's left in a vault, so the more vault tokens I have, the closer I am to getting the 4* cover or LT. With a Heroic token, it's a grab-bag and most of the time it's a 2*. I wish they would give us Mighty tokens instead for SCL10. However I do agree about shards and wish vaults also gave shards

Most of the time an event vault also gives me a 2*. I think the probability is about the same. OK, you can save up the tokens and then just use open them until you get the LL, but to collect 80 of them you'll have to wait for the event to run about 10 times. How many years of hoarding is that? Sure, if they gave event tokens for the wave nodes that would speed things up a little bit, but I still think the difference is minimal.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@dokiy said:

Naww.. 3* Loki, Wolverine, Ironfist.. use Wolv green then Loki black to flip the purple enemy strikes with Fist's attack tile was my jam back then.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options

First thing, a missed opportunity to title the thread something like "Waves nodes need to go Away".

Second, waves are fine.
    This event, the waves are longer, and goons make attack tiles and aoe traps, which slows things even more. And CL 10 has an extra clear, which is an oversight for this time only (hopefully). All that may make it look and feel worse than it really is.

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options

The game also needs to show at the start of the match what enemies are in each wave so the player can plan their team. Leveraging ignorance / institutional knowledge into a competitive advantage isn’t fair. Or fun, in my opinion.

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    I personally prefer Wave nodes over anything else. It's less clears, better rewards, and I can typically plan each wave without taking damage.

Not sure that they are less clears, though, on SCL 10.

Shortest wave I can think of is two waves of three characters each wave. On a normal SCL 10, a non-wave node requires me to do 3 - 2 for a total of five wins with three characters each for 15 characters total. Wave would require me to do 2 - 2 for a total of 8 wins with three characters each for 24 characters total. And most waves are longer than that.

That's definitely not less clears, at least not for me.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

I think the best way to find out is to time it. When I clear a single node, it takes me about 13-15 seconds. This timing includes hitting the fight(?) button and going back to the main screen. In a 3x3 wave nodes, I think it was ~30 seconds. I remember clearing HoD last sub wave nodes in 60-75 seconds, whereas clearing a non-wave node in the same sub took me about 40-45 seconds per node, which equatea to 120-135 seconds.

I think less clear is because wave nodes give much more points compared to non-wave modes. It could be 2-3 times of a single non-wave node.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If you want speed, you can always use Kang.
    Of course you won't get POINTS, but you'll speed things up...

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2023
    Options

Of the few things the current event gets right, one is scoring for waves. I don't mind nearly as much when they're worth as much as they should be. It also adds a little character to an event to have to run it in a different order than usual to optimize points.

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

If the devs make all the things disappear people ask them to make disappear, we’d all be back to playing Barbie’s rollerskate adventure…

• Bowgentle
    Options

@Chrynos1989 said:
    If the devs make all the things disappear people ask them to make disappear, we’d all be back to playing Barbie’s rollerskate adventure…

Would it matter at this point, as long as you're still matching 3?

• Chrynos1989
    Chrynos1989 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Bowgentle said:

@Chrynos1989 said:

Would it matter at this point, as long as you're still matching 3?

It’s weird, when mpq is up, people complain it takes so much of their time, when it’s down, they complain they have to talk to their wives

I would advise them to get another hobby or another wife

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@LavaManLee said:

@Punisher5784 said:
    I personally prefer Wave nodes over anything else. It's less clears, better rewards, and I can typically plan each wave without taking damage.

Not sure that they are less clears, though, on SCL 10.

Shortest wave I can think of is two waves of three characters each wave. On a normal SCL 10, a non-wave node requires me to do 3 - 2 for a total of five wins with three characters each for 15 characters total. Wave would require me to do 2 - 2 for a total of 8 wins with three characters each for 24 characters total. And most waves are longer than that.

That's definitely not less clears, at least not for me.

After entering the last sub of this event, I take back my comment. Waves typically don't bother me, but they definitely do in this event. There's too many waves in this event.. seeing wave 1 of 6 is ridiculous. It took awhile to complete those. I get the story of nonstop Hand ninjas, but maybe reduce the healthpool or something would help

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Punisher5784 said:
    After entering the last sub of this event, I take back my comment. Waves typically don't bother me, but they definitely do in this event. There's no many waves in this event.. seeing 1 of 6 is ridiculous. It took awhile to complete those. I get the story of nonstop Hand ninjas, but maybe reduce the healthpool or something would help

I hear ya. It's one thing for an event to be difficult. It's another for it to be monotonous, long and boring. That's a death knell for a mobile game.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I loved the six waves node. I brought Dr. Thor + Polaris + Okoye. By the time the sixth node hit, I had 30 TU and downed the whole wave making a single match.

• 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    edited March 2023
    Options

Man, y'all some crazy [redacted] if you think wave nodes are time saving, especially when you see even 7 waves, so time consuming.

*Mod note: removed inappropriate langauge. - fight4thedream

• Bowgentle
    edited March 2023
    Options

@9RMetal said:
    Man, y'all some crazy [redacted] if you think wave nodes are time saving, especially when you see even 7 waves, so time consuming.

Nobody thinks that, except maybe Hound.
    But he's also playing this magical game where he takes one minute per wave and 45 seconds per normal node.
    Of course that makes him faster than 99% of the 550 rosters out there who clear and grind EOTS in 30 minutes, but never mind that.
    He's just so GOOD.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@9RMetal said:

The only time they're actually time saving is that event where they replace two nodes with one 2-wave node.