Waves nodes need to disappear!

Options
9RMetal
9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker

Don't know if this is controversial or what but waves nodes need to be gone forever, even with characters especially for waves nodes still is a chore to go by, takes too much time and can sometimes mess with your timing or especially when you are in a hurry..... so please consider getting them AHT!

Comments

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

Wave modes take lesser time, if we are doing a fair comparison. And by fair comparison, I mean not comparing a single clear of non-wave node with 1 clear of 5 wave nodes.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,546 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I love multi-wave nodes. I wish there were more of them. They don't require as many clears and it's fun to establish momentum and hit like a truck by the time you reach the last wave. I often use Kitty and a special tile generator and try to see how high I can boost the tiles before victory.

It's tough right now because EotS is bugged and also happens to have many multi-wave nodes. I think everyone just has a bad taste in their mouths, so to speak.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

EKTS was the first event ti have wave nodes, way back in 2014 or 2015 i think. So since they were the new hotness they are dialed all the way up to 11 for this event.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I love wave nodes for the reasons that you hate them. They mess with timing so you need to take the extra time into account if you're playing for placement. The people that don't factor them in will often crash and burn. It's why I love events like Strange Sights and Webbed Wonder more than Unstable Iso even though Unstable is a much easier event to complete. Wave nodes just need some tweaks like letting you know which wave you're currently on and showing all of the rewards that you got at once instead of having to do them one by one.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I personally prefer Wave nodes over anything else. It's less clears, better rewards, and I can typically plan each wave without taking damage.

• Vhailorx
    edited March 2023
    Options

EOTS was the first event to have wave nodes, way back in 2014 or 2015 i think. So since they were the new hotness they are dialed all the way up to 11 for this event.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

if you run kang, the wave nodes disappear pretty quick it seems. The points as well unfortunately...

• Vhailorx
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    if you run kang, the wave nodes disappear pretty quick it seems. The points as well unfortunately...

Has anyone tried running a dupe kang without blue?

• HoundofShadow
    edited March 2023
    Options

That's one of the workaround. The other is not downing enemy with passive at the start of your turn.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2023
    Options

I hate wave nodes especially when you have to watch attack tiles pop numbers every damn turn if you can't get rid of them. Also the banners of every wave showing who is downed and entering is annoying as well. I feel all this combined makes wave nodes take longer than non-wave ones.

Also the replacement of a heroic token instead of an event token years ago makes the extra rewards from wave node trivial.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wave nodes are fine.
    It's just problematic in combination with being forced to use broken Kang.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Personally I'm also a fan of wave nodes and remember it feeling like a nice addition to the game when EOTS was originally brought in.

@MrPlow said:
    Also the replacement of a heroic token instead of an event token years ago makes the extra rewards from wave node trivial.

Why do you see event tokens as being better than heroic tokens? Sure, there's a chance of getting an LL, but heroic tokens having a higher chance of getting a 4* and provide shards.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Event tokens for vaults have a chance to draw the LT in there.

• HoundofShadow
    Options

If the dev fixed 5* Wasp blue AoE damage, she would be the star of pick-3 hard wave node in EotS for baby champed player, and I would post a video of her infinite AoE clearing such nodes.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

@MrPlow said:

Why do you see event tokens as being better than heroic tokens? Sure, there's a chance of getting an LL, but heroic tokens having a higher chance of getting a 4* and provide shards.

Personally for me, I like being able to see what's left in a vault, so the more vault tokens I have, the closer I am to getting the 4* cover or LT. With a Heroic token, it's a grab-bag and most of the time it's a 2*. I wish they would give us Mighty tokens instead for SCL10. However I do agree about shards and wish vaults also gave shards

• Bowgentle
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    If the dev fixed 5* Wasp blue AoE damage, she would be the star of pick-3 hard wave node in EotS for baby champed player, and I would post a video of her infinite AoE clearing such nodes.

Let's not get crazy here.
    Hulkoye Gorr is still the go-to.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2023
    Options

I heard 1/2 Thor, Okoye, Scorpion for wave nodes?

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Conceptually I think they are ok but the tediousness of having to watch the attack tile animations left behind by those ninjas/mindless ones one wave after another is where my distaste for them flows forth from. :#