Avenger's Tournament

Options

Comments

• IceIX wrote:
    Sad that some of us have the new Black Widow and no tournament to try her out in. Also still awaiting on that illusive black power 'Espionage' we were promised.

Probably going to run a Thor, Model 40, Grey Widow team for this one but won't focus on it until the end of the 3 Star One.
    Espionage is broken in R42 and un-server patchable. Rather not release an ability that doesn't do what is advertised.

Ouch.

That said, I think what people are looking for on info on what it would do once released, even if it's not currently available -- presuming that the power isn't going to be changed.

Since there's no respecing, that's vital to know before increasing covers beyond 3/3.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Sad that some of us have the new Black Widow and no tournament to try her out in. Also still awaiting on that illusive black power 'Espionage' we were promised.

Probably going to run a Thor, Model 40, Grey Widow team for this one but won't focus on it until the end of the 3 Star One.
    Espionage is broken in R42 and un-server patchable. Rather not release an ability that doesn't do what is advertised.

Thanks alot IceIX. Got to love real info and not speculation. Also The Ladder, didn't think about the obvious health and damage buffs we lose from the missing those extra levels. Guess we shall just have to wait.
  • I think it's Wolverine 2*, Thor and Spidey for me, should mean no need to use heals so I can save them for the 1* tournament... But I don't think I'll be completing too heavily this weekend, this one's for the newer people and deservedly so after last week.
  • Currently sitting around 600 points. I hope we'll see people pushing scores up for the Spidey covers.
  • You're in my bracket Zathrus. Luckily I don't care for IM40. Aiming 600 tier for Wolvie and 25th for Hawkeye.
  • Im running a mid level team atm with IM40 (72), Thor (69)...*can't seem to ever get those god damn yellow covers.., and a Cpt. America (33) .... Im starting to like Capt. more and more ... trying to pump iso into him since i have him 3/5/5 already... a neat little stun combo with IM40 pumping him blue.
  • Im running a mid level team atm with IM40 (72), Thor (69)...*can't seem to ever get those god damn yellow covers.., and a Cpt. America (33) .... Im starting to like Capt. more and more ... trying to pump iso into him since i have him 3/5/5 already... a neat little stun combo with IM40 pumping him blue.

I have the same problem with red. But I've had 12 yellow Thor covers come my way, fun times.
  • I'm getting hit and hit hard in this tourney. Thought my 85 IM / 85 thor / 65 spidey would deter people. I guess with no boosted characters everybody is fielding a good team.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm getting hit and hit hard in this tourney. Thought my 85 IM / 85 thor / 65 spidey would deter people. I guess with no boosted characters everybody is fielding a good team.

I skipped you a few times but I kept on getting you so I had no choice. I also attack any IM40 since he is pretty much uses all the yellow instead of Thor, making the battle fairly easy.
  • Anybody even hit the 800 mark? Competition is pretty nuts
  • I did yesterday and earlier today. I'm at arround 5-600 now though.
  • Frozen wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I'm getting hit and hit hard in this tourney. Thought my 85 IM / 85 thor / 65 spidey would deter people. I guess with no boosted characters everybody is fielding a good team.

I skipped you a few times but I kept on getting you so I had no choice. I also attack any IM40 since he is pretty much uses all the yellow instead of Thor, making the battle fairly easy.

I hate fighting Thor/IM teams because if you let IM get off a flukey recharge it's game over :/
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Anybody even hit the 800 mark? Competition is pretty nuts

Yeah, I did earlier. I was hoping to make a run at 1100 by tomorrow, but I think people are playing in the heroic instead, unfortunately.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    I have a similar team and seeing so many lvl120+. It's crazy how many people have max 3-stars already or why I'm even being matched with them.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Mine is 60 IM/85 Thor/ 72 Spidey, but not that many people attack me.
    Though I'm not very interested in the rank rewards, chances of using IM40's red and blue powers are low , and lv2 yellow power is enough for me ( I have one more in stock).
  • You're in my bracket Zathrus. Luckily I don't care for IM40. Aiming 600 tier for Wolvie and 25th for Hawkeye.

Good, more IM40 for me then!

I'd really like to hit the 1100+ level for the Spideys, but as Misguided says, it looks like it's going to be difficult to do...
  • Yeah, I loved getting the tokens, but there are only 7 or so out of 21 that would be useful for me, and only two of those are two-star, so I think buying more tokens is a losing proposition for me.
  • Grazzt wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Though I'm not very interested in the rank rewards, chances of using IM40's red and blue powers are low , and lv2 yellow power is enough for me ( I have one more in stock).

I skip fights like that, and I skipped a few this morning, but now I'm locked out of the tourney because the fights didn't repopulate.
  • Arinoch wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

I skip fights like that, and I skipped a few this morning, but now I'm locked out of the tourney because the fights didn't repopulate.

Arinoch, go into one of the other tournaments, select a mission, hit "fight" then back out to the tournament selection screen. That has been fixing this for me.
  • Misguided wrote:
    Arinoch wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Arinoch, go into one of the other tournaments, select a mission, hit "fight" then back out to the tournament selection screen. That has been fixing this for me.

That worked. Thanks!