Avenger's Tournament

Event #2 for the weekend is the Avenger's Tournament, with Iron Man Model 40 as top prizes.

No buffs. Unknown bracket size (500?).
Two new Avenger-only packs are in Recruit

IM40 for 1-25
Modern Hawkeye for 26-200
Standard Token for 201-350
250 ISO for 351-500

Rank rewards include various prizes, with Heroic Avengers token at 500 and 800, 100 HP at 1000, and 3* Spiderman and 4* Wolverine at top tier.

Comments

• I want to know why I can't use my 4* wolverine or the new black widow?

Even worse... you cannot use Bag-Man!
  • Zathrus wrote:
    I want to know why I can't use my 4* wolverine or the new black widow?

Even worse... you cannot use Bag-Man!

As Darth Vader didn't say "NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo!!!!"
  • No 500 HP tier?

boo

Sad news, I wanted to give new Black Widow a try!
    They're not avengers?

Contemplating whether I want IM40 or Hawkeye. I'm sick of using IM40, but he's my only decent 3-star. If I win Spidey, I think I might ditch him.
  • @op

They always have some kind of award for everyone. It's safe to assume a bracket size of 500.
  • 2 star Black Widow was a villain at that time so she does not match the Avengers team there.
    4 star Wolverine is considered an X-Force member so I assume that is the reasoning behind leaving him out.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    @op

They always have some kind of award for everyone. It's safe to assume a bracket size of 500.

Yeah, that's why I assumed 500. It's just not actually stated either in the pop-up when you enter the tournament or in the Event Description.
  • The problem for me this weekend will be keeping the tablet powered up, working on all the progress rewards. Fortunately the kids are staying with the grandparents until Thanksgiving!
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    The problem for me this weekend will be keeping the tablet powered up, working on all the progress rewards. Fortunately the kids are staying with the grandparents until Thanksgiving!

Yeah, some nice progression rewards in this one. Want those heroic avengers tokens...
  • Thor, Grey Widow, Spider man, or IM40. Who do I sit?
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Thor, Grey Widow, Spider man, or IM40. Who do I sit?

Thor, Grey Widow, and Spidey was my old main team before I got Ragnarok.

Think about the color synergy with Thor's abilities and the other two characters for a sec. One of the better teams in the game IMO.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    No 500 HP tier?

boo

BTW I posted a separate thread in Suggestions about this topic. Feel free to reply to it if you agree.

Both weekend tourneys only have 100HP for the 1000pt tier, not 500. icon_mad.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Patch Notes for this was placed up here. The first post of this thread has most of those details in any case, but still.
  • someguy wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Think about the color synergy with Thor's abilities and the other two characters for a sec. One of the better teams in the game IMO.

IM40 feeds back into thor and widow though. Probably going Thor/IM/Widow on attack and Thor/IM/Spidey to defend.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    someguy wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

IM40 feeds back into thor and widow though. Probably going Thor/IM/Widow on attack and Thor/IM/Spidey to defend.

These are the two teams that I like the most for this.
  • ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Sad that some of us have the new Black Widow and no tournament to try her out in. Also still awaiting on that illusive black power 'Espionage' we were promised.

Probably going to run a Thor, Model 40, Grey Widow team for this one but won't focus on it until the end of the 3 Star One.
  • Sad that some of us have the new Black Widow and no tournament to try her out in. Also still awaiting on that illusive black power 'Espionage' we were promised.

Probably going to run a Thor, Model 40, Grey Widow team for this one but won't focus on it until the end of the 3 Star One.

I'm quite happy in that respect that the new Widow is not active in these tournaments, I'd feel pressured into going 5-5 with her current skills. Only to find out the new power is awesome after the event lol.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Sad that some of us have the new Black Widow and no tournament to try her out in. Also still awaiting on that illusive black power 'Espionage' we were promised.

Espionage is broken in R42 and un-server patchable. Rather not release an ability that doesn't do what is advertised.