550 from Latest

Options
System
System Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: New Character - ***** Kang (The Conqueror) *****.

Comments

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options

I've noticed a bunch of 550 5*Kangs now. Anyone else find it interesting that swaps are being given out for the newest characters that haven't been in latest and can't even be bh'd yet? Has this ever been done before?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I hate customer support cover swaps and I have no idea why they still do it for anyone besides the very top spenders. It encourages going all-in, which is the opposite of what they should want. It also creates a bunch of customer service work for zero monetary benefit.

Anyway...did those players blow megahoards on the Kang store? Wasn't it, like, Wasp and Captain America in there with him? How else did they max out Kang?

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You can 550 a character when it is available in it hp tokens store, it is very expensive though. It is just easier when you have the 3 latest at 550 when they swap the excess to whatever you want. Shang-Chi had at least one 550 out there when his token store was around.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    You can 550 a character when it is available in it hp tokens store, it is very expensive though. It is just easier when you have the 3 latest at 550 when they swap the excess to whatever you want. Shang-Chi had at least one 550 out there when his token store was around.

The guy who posted above me was talking about people getting cover swaps though...I assume he's heard that from somewhere.

Maybe he can give us some more details about who got which covers swapped to which characters? I don't understand how they'd do swaps from the HP store.

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

How many HPs would someone need to have to have a mathematically reasonable expectation to max champ a 5* from a store?

• Sekilicious
    edited February 2023
    Options

You get an LL from each 40 pull. 15% of which you can use to swap to any character you want if you have the latest 3 at 550. There are no swaps from the cp stores, except once when Okoye and Apocalypse were in a midsummer FF store. It is also expensive to use cp only, so I expect they could have used a variety of methods to get Kang and Shang-Chi to 550 before rotating into LL, not just one.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If odds is 1:166 for 40 pulls and for 12k HP, it will cost (166/40) * 12k * 100 covers = 4.98 million HP. Why 100? Because such players would have at least 1 max champed 4* feeder for him.

• entrailbucket
    Options

@_TrashPanda said:
    I've noticed a bunch of 550 5*Kangs now. Anyone else find it interesting that swaps are being given out for the newest characters that haven't been in latest and can't even be bh'd yet? Has this ever been done before?

Can you elaborate about the "swaps are being given out" part of this? What were they swapping to and what were they swapping from?

• IrisRyu
    IrisRyu Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    Options

Assuming you haven’t max champed all 3 latest, the current cover swap policy permits swaps for a max champed 5* to one of the other LLs OR the most recent character release.

If someone maxed out Riri/Hit-Monkey they’re probably swapping any covers received for them now for Kang instead of Wong. Seems like a no brainer in terms of character choices at the moment.

• Codex
    Codex Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options

@IrisRyu said:
    Assuming you haven’t max champed all 3 latest, the current cover swap policy permits swaps for a max champed 5* to one of the other LLs OR the most recent character release.

If someone maxed out Riri/Hit-Monkey they’re probably swapping any covers received for them now for Kang instead of Wong. Seems like a no brainer in terms of character choices at the moment.

Really? I thought you had to max champ Wong before getting Kang covers

• IrisRyu
    Options

@Sekilicious said:
    Wong would have to be max champed as well. I guess there was a short time where Arcade was still in though. Anyone see a 550 Arcade or Wong in the wild?

Sorry, but you’ve misunderstood the policy. Wong doesn’t need to be 550 to be able to swap to Kang. Only HM or Riri need to be at 550. From there you can swap to just Kang.

• IrisRyu
    Options

@Codex said:

Really? I thought you had to max champ Wong before getting Kang covers

I have no idea what the policy was in the past, but it’s no longer the case that Wong would need to be at 550. Personal experience, can’t speak for anyone else.

• Sekilicious
    edited February 2023
    Options

Oh my bad. I always understood all three had to be champed. Deleted the comment.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Wait, I have OML at 550, so I can swap OML covers for Kang?

• IrisRyu
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    Wait, I have OML at 550, so I can swap OML covers for Kang?

Try and let us know how it works out.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Maybe @IceIX can tell us what their actual policy is and post it somewhere public, so everyone is totally clear on what they'll do for certain players but not for others. I don't see any advantage to keeping this secret.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

You can swap Latest once you have one Latest at 550.
    5s that are released, but not in Latest yet, count as Latest.
    So you can get Kang once you have one of the 3 of Riri, Wong, or Monkey maxed.

• _TrashPanda
    edited February 2023
    Options

@IrisRyu said:

@Sekilicious said:
    Wong would have to be max champed as well. I guess there was a short time where Arcade was still in though. Anyone see a 550 Arcade or Wong in the wild?

Sorry, but you’ve misunderstood the policy. Wong doesn’t need to be 550 to be able to swap to Kang. Only HM or Riri need to be at 550. From there you can swap to just Kang.

Yeah this. That's very interesting to know. I know that myself and many others were under the impression that you had to have ALL of the latest 3x5* at 550 before you were allowed to swap any extras for other characters and they could only be historical 5*, not ones that haven't yet been released in the actual latest vault (like what @Codex said above). They definitely need to be more transparent on the rules around this.

• _TrashPanda
    edited February 2023
    Options

@IrisRyu said:

@Sekilicious said:

So what is stopping someone from only maxing one of the latest to 550 (Say RiRi) and then using any extra to swap for all Kang and just skip maxing the other 2? Is the policy that they have to have 2 of the latest at 550 or do they only need to have one of the latest at 550? If so, why? Doesn't really make much sense.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess the other question would be whether having 5* Wasp and 1st Avenger Cap at 550 would allow swaps from the Kang store? It's completely theoretical for me, just interested.