Chasm not healing

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I must say this makes mirror matches SLIGHTLY more bearable.
    Less healing for Chasm is a good thing, most of his use comes from dying, the more often the better.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,396 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I ran him again on the challenge node, and it appears to me that damage and healing are resolving at the same time.

I see this behavior often with Crystal and her extra damage when she matches a red.

Chasm was able to sustain cl10 CN on the third clear while only going down once. I kept him in front the whole fight and had the board flooded with web tiles.

Just watching his health it was barely moving at all but I was not seeing any healing procs while I was seeing the damage numbers pop up.
    Is it just a graphical glitch?

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I ran him again on the challenge node, and it appears to me that damage and healing are resolving at the same time.

I see this behavior often with Crystal and her extra damage when she matches a red.

Chasm was able to sustain cl10 CN on the third clear while only going down once. I kept him in front the whole fight and had the board flooded with web tiles.

Just watching his health it was barely moving at all but I was not seeing any healing procs while I was seeing the damage numbers pop up.
    Is it just a graphical glitch?

I was always keeping an eye on my Chasms health pool, as you and some others mentioned his health going up but not necessarily seeing the green text pop up indicating he healed.

When I've used him and while making matches I've stared at his health and not seen it rise after the web tile was matched. It's a real head scratcher for sure. Doesn't seem to be any response in my bug forum thread. Wonder if anyone brought up any Chasm bugs in Discord or Reddit.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 713 Critical Contributor
    Options

I don't use Chasm much, but have relied heavily on him the last week or so. I can also confirm he is still not healing on all web tile matches.

Something else I noticed with Chasm is I'm getting abyss tiles when I match team-up tiles. Is that supposed to happen? Seems like it shouldn't but I haven't a clue.

• dianetics
    Options

It's "whenever Chasm makes a match", so you should be getting Abyss tiles as long as he is the one making the matches.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I’ve been using him more recently and from what i can tell it seems like he always healed when the ai matches the web tiles or when i match one in a color he’s not tanking in, but not when I match one of his colors. I have noticed that it seems like he will heal with his own colors when I match right after a revive and then as I go on he won’t anymore. Never really paid too much attention to it but I’ll try and monitor it more going forward to provide more info.

• trenchdigger
    trenchdigger Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options

I agree with everything tonypq has said. Seems totally random whether chasm heals or not. I've tried to find a consistent pattern but it has eluded me so far. I don't think it matters whether he has just revived, what colours the web tiles are on, or who matches the web tile. I also considered whether the self damage and heal were being applied simultaneously and just not displaying the heal, but I don't believe this is the case.
    One thing I will say is that I believe his revive health% is still being correctly calculated based on the number of web tiles on the board.

• dianetics
    Options

Does he always heal when an opponent makes a match?

I’ve watched this sparingly, because I don’t use him a whole lot. It really depends on who is boosted.

My eyeball glance was he was always healing when opponents made a web tile match and if he was the final matcher damage and healing resolved at the same time……. Most of the time.

• Bowgentle
    Options

He SHOULD heal on all web matches.
    That's what his text says, too.

• dianetics
    Options

Maybe this is like the 2 camps bug? Regarding the beginning of match stun.

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88063/equality-for-all-chasm-players#latest

This thread was mentioning a bug that affected some users but not others.

I haven’t seen reduced healing, I just haven’t seen visual feedback from it.

• dianetics
    Options

He is now 1,000,000% broken.
    His drain is basically draining all AP now, and not just the front characters strongest color. I ran a mirror match and after maybe 20-30 turns both teams have 0 AP of any color.

• Bowgentle
    Options

What mirror? Blue shouldn't get drained against ihulk.

• dianetics
    edited February 2023
    Options

Every color was getting drained. Both teams had 0 ap

Chasm iHulk SheiHulk in sim I wanted to see if I could find anything else going on.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Hm.
    I mean, yes, every colour will get drained eventually, but since you're matching black and purple and others, yellow and blue should pile up slowly.
    It's not limited to the 3 strongest colours, so the draining everything part is working as intended.
    Strong colours just get drained first.

• dianetics
    Options

I guess I’m just ****. I’ve never run into a deadlock before with all characters alive.

Both Chasms heals up all the damage and tank everything. No colors can pile up at all even when the board is flooded with web tiles.

Sorry to hijack the healing thread.

• Bowgentle
    Options

I mean there's a reason we all hate mirror matches.
    I'm impressed you haven't encountered that before.

• tonypq
    edited February 2023
    Options

It's a real downer using Chasm and having him not heal unless downed and revived. So frustrating using him last night just to clear a node or 2 in SCL 10 PVE. Watching web tile after web tile matched, sometimes multiple web tiles and not seeing him heal. Ending the match with 4K health and pointless running him back out for another node unless using a health pack, which is one of main reasons I use him.

It had been mentioned earlier in the thread, that he may be healing but you just don't see the green pop up text like used to happen. I've watched his health bar as I make matches, I've apparently seen him possibly heal but with no green text popping up a few times here and there, but not on every web tile match. I'm still seeing little to no healing whatsoever. If I March 30+ web tiles I might see Chasm heal 3 or 4 times and that ain't cutting it.

I'm surprised no one from Broken Circle has commented here or in my post in the bug forum after about a week or so. Broken Circle has seemed to be pretty responsive on most other issues but appears eerily silent about anything going on with Chasm.

• dianetics
    Options

I’m seeing full healing. I just watched this for 10 minutes or so.

When I did mirrors before I was able to stock ap and burn him down. Now it’s just 2 full healths chasms tanking everything.

Maybe they fixed the end of turn match damage and something else broke?

• tonypq
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I’m seeing full healing. I just watched this for 10 minutes or so.

When I did mirrors before I was able to stock ap and burn him down. Now it’s just 2 full healths chasms tanking everything.

Maybe they fixed the end of turn match damage and something else broke?

I don't know. But other day I finally figured out how to screen record on my phone while playing MPQ. The first match I recorded Chasm decided to heal more times than any other recent match lol. I was like WTH is going on, if I post this video they'll all think I'm lying. Then I did a second match and he barely healed again. I'll try to get a video up here at some point.

• dianetics
    Options

I don’t know but maybe it’s time for bcs to throw in the towel. Chasm has been here for 6 months and the only thing he has done is break the game.

Maybe they should remove him and refund the players. Clearly they don’t know how to fix him.