Chasm not healing

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor

Anyone else notice lately Chasm not healing when matching web tiles ?

His purple states he heals whenever a web tile is matched. I've used him quite a bit in this PVE and he's not healing after every web tile I match. What's weird is he'll heal once in a while matching a web tile, but not on every web tile I've matched

He's not a very fast character and while using him I'm matching plenty of web tiles each fight. I'm only seeing him heal once in a blue moon and not on every web tile matched. I haven't used Chasm a lot over the last few weeks, but I don't remember having any issues back then with Chasm healing up. I've only noticed this over the last few days.

I was curious if anyone else noticed this or if something else is going on. Seems like a big deal that would be noticed by many if his purple isn't healing him correctly but I haven't seen anyone mention it. I did submit a post in the bug forum FYI.

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just did a mirror in SSIM and it was annoying as ever.
    At first it seemed like Chasm was only healing when I matched web tiles, not when the enemy team did it, but I think that's just order of operations.
    You heal on own matches immediately, enemy procs after the turn.

• tonypq
    edited February 2023
    Options

I've sat there watching myself match web tile after web tile and not seeing my Chasm heal. These were in pve non mirror matches, so only my Chasm was in these battles.

I just replayed the PVE node with Thing/IV/Mr Fantastic. I matched over 30 web tiles and only noticed Chasm heal about 3 times. I don't get it. I've even made some matches that contained 2 or 3 web tiles and not seen Chasm heal afterwards.

When I started noticing Chasm not healing after matching web tiles, I even reread his purple ability. Thinking I may have been mistaken how his healing and purple ability works hah. I remember using him a last week or the week before doing some PVP and he was healing like normal. I was actively matching web tiles and seeing him heal then. But over the last couple days in the PVE event, he's not healing every from web tile matched.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It was only a matter of time before Chasm broke even himself.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I guess one way to get around compensation for nerfing is to accidentally break him. Just kidding….

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

They did make a big update to order of operations stuff in a data push last week. Maybe get a video of the bug in action?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Maybe he got Danver5'd and they just....fixed the problem without saying anything?

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I just went up against an opponent chasm and didn’t get stunned. He was healing on a web match though.

• tonypq
    Options

I just tried the SCL 10 goon node pick 3. Matched over 25 web tiles and seen him heal 4 or 5 times, but not on every match. Very confusing. Sometimes he healed when matching a tile with is symbol on it, other times he didn't heal. Sometimes he healed matching a tile with Kitty or 5SheHulks symbol, other time he didn't heal then either.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Is he only healing on certain color web matches?

• tonypq
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Is he only healing on certain color web matches?

I really couldn't tell or find a rhyme or reason why he wasn't healing. I know of all the web tiles I matched, I definitely matched a bunch in his colors with his symbols on them. Also matched a lot of web tiles in colors belonging to his teammates.

• tonypq
    Options

Did a simulator match few moments ago and Chasm healed more tines in this match than any I've played last couple days. However I noticed whether it was his colors or teammates colors, sometimes it showed him getting healed and other times not. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone heh.

No one else has noticed any issues using Chasm lately ?

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I noticed this as well. Based on the damage numbers, I wondered if the heal didn’t show but still went through. It felt that incoming damage maybe was lower when the heal ‘failed’. But never really tested it.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

There is definitely some major change to their codes, and it definitely affected more than onr character.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I'll add another confirmation that he's not healing on all web matches and that the order of healing has changed from as-matched to start of his next turn.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I wonder if this was always their intention (ie they consider this a fix) or if they consider this broken. It sure would be nice if someone could tell us!

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,404 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I ran him on some pick 3 to see if I could could reproduce this and...nothing. He's working for me.
    I finished 4 rounds with him at or near full health.

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 432 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@dianetics said:
    I ran him on some pick 3 to see if I could could reproduce this and...nothing. He's working for me.
    I finished 4 rounds with him at or near full health.

I saw it in pick 2, but that really shouldn't make any difference... this just gets stranger.

• tonypq
    edited February 2023
    Options

I've had his not healing issues in pick 3, pick 2 PVE and pick 2 PVP, everywhere I've played him. And I've used him in the past, as recently as a week or two ago and he was healing as intended for me then.

Over the last couple days I've seen a bit of everything. I've seen him not heal when matching web tiles. Not heal when enemy matches web tiles. I've seen multiple web tiles matched by myself and or the enemy and not healed. I've also seemed to see a few times what was mentioned a little while ago, healing occurred not directly after the match, but on the next turn. But I've also noticed that doesn't happen every time either. Doesn't seem to make a difference if I focused on matching his colors as opposed to other teammates, still just about never see him heal.

Once in a while I'll actually notice he did heal by matching a web tile. No idea why he will have healed that one time and not the previous 15-20 + web tiles myself or opponents matched. I'm not really seeing any predictable pattern whether or not he heals or doesn't. Just seems like Broken Circle, broke Chasm in a very strange way, I'd assume not intentionally if we haven't heard anything by now.

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

https://streamable.com/z65wau

I've seen it happen with his green, purple and black matches, but never his off-colors. Also, in the same game he will heal with a green web tile match, and then later in the same game not heal. Same with purple.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

His off colours heal as well, but not always.