Marvel Puzzle Quest R271 Release Notes (02/13/23)

Options

Comments

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

@dianetics said:

@JHawkInc said:
    It's weird we don't have ANY versions of Hank yet.

He is "problematic" and it is literally the reason we have Lang. It is 100% +1 unlikely we will ever have a Pym incarnation. Since he **** slapped Wasp in the 70s.

Hank suffers from Bipolar Disorder, so he is erratic and has mood swings. The comic with the slap was a mix up between writer and illustrator, the writer wanted him to shove Janet as a get away motion but the illustrator went for a full on b*tch slap.
    I've always liked Hanks characterisation, as someone with BD I like how he is portrayed. It's just a shame he's remembered as a wife beater as that was never the intention.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,116 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The preview for ant-mans pvp is up now and slice 1 opens in 7 hours. I would think that they have his pvp up to showcase his rework. The announcement says his and wasps reworks go live 02/16, so it seems weird that they would feature ant man pvp before his rework is in game.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

@S0kun any updates on marvel insider? Got the points for Soul Stone Season, but there still isn't any 4* character offer. Still only getting credit for polls and quizzes, not reading any articles. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Edit: got my seasons confused, got mind stone points.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

@S0kun said:
    Definitely too soon for any of our New Character Poll candidates to be released and can 100% confirm that none of the ones everyone is voting on has even been designed. The winner will be released mid year so don't guess any of the 8 in the upcoming guessing clues :wink:

Initially read this as "none of the ones voted for (in the guessing thread) has been designed" lol, but now I see what you mean.

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,204 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:
    @S0kun any updates on marvel insider? Got the points for Soul Stone Season, but there still isn't any 4* character offer. Still only getting credit for polls and quizzes, not reading any articles. Any info is greatly appreciated.

@WilliamK1983
    Just logged in today and there was a 4* Cage offer

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 510 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

@WilliamK1983 said:

We've got a 2nd Ant Man activity that'll be posted today or tomorrow and the Luke Cage 4* reward should be up now!

As for not getting points on the articles, that's something on the Marvel Insider side that I don't control.

• WilliamK1983
    edited February 2023
    Options

@S0kun said:

@WilliamK1983 said:

We've got a 2nd Ant Man activity that'll be posted today or tomorrow and the Luke Cage 4* reward should be up now!

As for not getting points on the articles, that's something on the Marvel Insider side that I don't control.

Ahhh excellent. I was just a tad early last night before the goodies dropped. I wasn't sure what you control there so I'll go ahead and contact them over at Insider about not receiving points. Thanks @S0kun and @Waddles_Pines

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Wait, you guys can still access Marvel Insider? The whole site has been showing up blank for me for weeks now.

• WilliamK1983
    Options

I haven't experienced that yet, but it's been acting really suspect for a couple three months now maybe longer.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Bzhai said:
    Wait, you guys can still access Marvel Insider? The whole site has been showing up blank for me for weeks now.

Yes, it takes about 15 reloads to show anything.
    Has been like this since December.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@SaltnPeppa said:
    If it's Hercules, please use this cover

But if it's Strong Guy, it's from his one-shot comic

Really? I would go with this one myself

• DAZ0273
    Options

@ThisisClemFandango said:
    @dianetics said:

@JHawkInc said:
    It's weird we don't have ANY versions of Hank yet.

He is "problematic" and it is literally the reason we have Lang. It is 100% +1 unlikely we will ever have a Pym incarnation. Since he **** slapped Wasp in the 70s.

Hank suffers from Bipolar Disorder, so he is erratic and has mood swings. The comic with the slap was a mix up between writer and illustrator, the writer wanted him to shove Janet as a get away motion but the illustrator went for a full on b*tch slap.
    I've always liked Hanks characterisation, as someone with BD I like how he is portrayed. It's just a shame he's remembered as a wife beater as that was never the intention.

Maybe but Hank in that issue (and the one before) behaves in other ways which show that he is a controlling, abusive individual at that time in his life. Yes he has been prone to breakdowns previously (he even claims to have murdered Hank Pym when he becomes Yellowjacket) but he is also portrayed as having an extremely fragile ego. So possibly Bob Hall drew a right cross rather than a push but the writers planted the seeds and seemed happy to have Hank be the way he was (Jim Shooter wrote two instances of Hank having breakdowns alone).

• DAZ0273
    Options

@Borstock said:
    I know he probably isn't even on the radar, but I still want Morph. The X-Men animated series left an impression, y'all.

The X-Men '97 cartoon is scheduled for Disney+ later this year so maybe?

• SaltnPeppa
    SaltnPeppa Posts: 341 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:

@SaltnPeppa said:
    If it's Hercules, please use this cover

But if it's Strong Guy, it's from his one-shot comic

Really? I would go with this one myself

I would have posted that :D , but I don't think Marvel would allow that on this game

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    Options

@S0kun said:

• Jump in and celebrate the premiere of “Ant-Man: Quantumania” with quantum themed rewards! Plus some powerful buffs hit Ant-Man and Wasp on 2/16!

i have found some rumours which have put me into doubt state. WHICH WASP is it? I saw on reddit that definetly 4* but what about my beloved 5* Wasp?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,528 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    Maybe but Hank in that issue (and the one before) behaves in other ways which show that he is a controlling, abusive individual at that time in his life. Yes he has been prone to breakdowns previously (he even claims to have murdered Hank Pym when he becomes Yellowjacket) but he is also portrayed as having an extremely fragile ego. So possibly Bob Hall drew a right cross rather than a push but the writers planted the seeds and seemed happy to have Hank be the way he was (Jim Shooter wrote two instances of Hank having breakdowns alone).

Again, as I said all of this circles back to...he is "problematic" in the current social climate.

I like Pym and I wish he was here, but he have Lang, and he is cool too as a sort of dopey not so smart super genius replacement...Yes Lang is a shadow of a shadow of Pym .

• TheBaku
    TheBaku Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

@Mr_F said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Wasp buff let's go!!! I hope they ditch the swarm stuff, but I bet they want to keep using that asset since it already exists.

You apparently aren't in "I Called the Swarm" club.

Long time listener, first time "Caller". That was harder than it should have been, and underwhelming. (Title of my autobiography)

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2023
    Options

@TheBaku said:

@Mr_F said:

@entrailbucket said:
    Wasp buff let's go!!! I hope they ditch the swarm stuff, but I bet they want to keep using that asset since it already exists.

You apparently aren't in "I Called the Swarm" club.

Long time listener, first time "Caller". That was harder than it should have been, and underwhelming. (Title of my autobiography)

LET'S. CALL. THE. SWAAAAAAAAAAAARM! SWAAAAAAARM!

You are now obligated to change the signature to "I Called the Swarm (Official member since February 2023)"