What's New MPQ: February 2023 (Updated 2/15)

Options

Comments

• mani82
    mani82 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options

Nothing is sacred probably refers to the multiple Kang timelines other than the sacred timeline as the loki verse mentioned in the He who remains episode Kang should be quite a thing

• Mr_F
    Mr_F Posts: 721 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2023
    Options

Well, @Sekilicious as much as I disagree with @DAZ0273 , it's his/her opinion and (s)he has rights to think that way and say/write it aloud/clearly. Nothing personal here. And because you made that popcorn, don't be a... not nice guy and share it with us.

Wasp DOES NOT need rework. And by that I mean that she is ok for me the way she is now*. Yes, I would gladly accept any positive rebalances/buffs (Some numbers adjustments etc.). Yes, rework of Call the Swarm will make me very happy. But, Remember, NOT EVERY character has to be good and not every has to be meta one.

*beating boosted BRB with boosted Wasp is hilarious.

P.S. @DAZ0273 I am not an insect. That spray will at best poison me and put me into hospital. Bring better weapon.

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    @IceIX i appreciate the new buff threads - would it be possible to get retroactive threads for the characters who were stealth changed across the break like Northstar? Just for clarity and posterity? Thanks!

I'll see what I can do. The hard part will be pulling the old numbers if they're required for comparison, but we always have the change deltas, so it's a matter of putting in the work.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

Right on. I guess I'm curious if even a list of all the ones that got pushed is available since the forum discovered a couple, and maybe that's all that got done but maybe not?

the old numbers are highly likely still unchanged in the character release threads here on the forum, those almost never get updated retroactively with these reworks.

Northstar seems to be unmodified for instance: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81011/northstar-classic/p1

• IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,315 Site Admin
    edited January 2023
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Right on. I guess I'm curious if even a list of all the ones that got pushed is available since the forum discovered a couple, and maybe that's all that got done but maybe not?

the old numbers are highly likely still unchanged in the character release threads here on the forum, those almost never get updated retroactively with these reworks.

Northstar seems to be unmodified for instance: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81011/northstar-classic/p1

Here's a list of recent reworks:
    October - MODOK, Nebula, Silver Surfer
    November - Black Panther4, Namor, Iron Man5
    December - Northstar, Gambit5
    January - Iceman4, Jubilee, Kingpin5

• Sp1d3r
    Sp1d3r Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options

Looking forward to a new boss event next month I wonder who it will be?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Options

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

December - Mysterio, Northstar, Gambit5

Can I ask what rework Mysterio got because I'm not seeing any sort of improvement to his powers @IceIX

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He DID have his affiliations updated recently though.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 714 Critical Contributor
    Options

@IceIX said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

December - Northstar, Gambit5

Can I ask what rework Mysterio got because I'm not seeing any sort of improvement to his powers @IceIX

Whoops, my bad. That was scheduled, but pushed back because one of the changes required some engineering work that we didn't have time for yet. He's pending. :)

Please make him awesome, Mysterio is my favourite spidey villain and at the moment he's a major letdown

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

5* Captain America got reworked too.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Either Talos and/or 5 Wasp is getting not a minor overhaul in the future, based on conversation between the dev and player in reddit.

And I hope they don't touch Mysterio's passive blue to yellow conversion and stun. They can do something about his yellow and maybe purple.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,196 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Can we get when characters will be removed from latest added to the calendar ? I know it's implied for when the new season starts, but it would be nice to see Arcade enters Classic and Wong enters Current. Just a thought.

• Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,659 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@DyingLegend said:
    Can we get when characters will be removed from latest added to the calendar ? I know it's implied for when the new season starts, but it would be nice to see Arcade enters Classic and Wong enters Current. Just a thought.

It would be nice to have a vault-like countdown counter on Latest Legends.

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I don’t know how much it would take but they could add a countdown to it like they do with the special legendary stores that have the new 5’s in it when they first come out, so instead of it saying ‘Time Left’ it could just be labeled like ‘Next Rotation’ so it’s more clear for everyone when it’ll occur.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think that would require every rotation to be based on a unique store, with dedicated LTs.
    Judging by how the stores and vaults are usually set up, I think it's a code thing that is very very core to the game.

• JSzym
    JSzym Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

Will those of us who bought the Black History Month vault receive something for all the tokens we are losing because we can’t reset that vault?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

@JSzym said:
    Will those of us who bought the Black History Month vault receive something for all the tokens we are losing because we can’t reset that vault?

You're not losing anything.
    You'll be able to draw from an expired vault in 22 days.
    Your tokens are all there, you just don't see them.

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@JSzym said:

I will add that you should have a great chance to double up on the 5* shards if you bought the vault early and are collecting daily tokens.