What's New MPQ: February 2023 (Updated 2/15)

Options

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I remember when joining PVE didn't put you into a bracket - you could join on day 1, then rubberband your way to full prog on the last day, and still compete for top placement rewards in that late bracket.
    It was the wild west.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Then the question is, is it possible to make or do something that fits every player schedule? The answer is "no" and it has been this way as early 2013/2014.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,066 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    I'm pretty interested to see what they did to Enemy if the State. I think we haven't seen it since before they steamrolled all the PvEs into the 3/3/4 format, so I bet they at least did that. It also had some wave fights that (I think) were 5 or 6 waves long, that took forever, and I wonder if they got rid of those.

Not only that, but it was before CL10 too so we have no idea what the challenge node is going to look like.

Hopefully they shortened those wave nodes a bit or else the CL10 grind is going to take a long time.

This is also the PvE where Wolverine is locked out for a few days and when you fight against him he has goons feeding him Red so you ate an Adamantium Slash every couple of turns. Chasm might shine on those nodes keeping that free Red AP in check.

KGB

• Bowgentle
    Options

I don't think boosted 5s or Hulkoye will be bothered by the adamatium slash damage.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:
    I'm pretty interested to see what they did to Enemy if the State. I think we haven't seen it since before they steamrolled all the PvEs into the 3/3/4 format, so I bet they at least did that. It also had some wave fights that (I think) were 5 or 6 waves long, that took forever, and I wonder if they got rid of those.

Not only that, but it was before CL10 too so we have no idea what the challenge node is going to look like.

Hopefully they shortened those wave nodes a bit or else the CL10 grind is going to take a long time.

This is also the PvE where Wolverine is locked out for a few days and when you fight against him he has goons feeding him Red so you ate an Adamantium Slash every couple of turns. Chasm might shine on those nodes keeping that free Red AP in check.

KGB

I think they turned off the Wolverine lockout right before they stopped running it, but maybe I'm misremembering. We used to hate that, because Wolverine was always the best character.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,868 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I bet Prof X cheats and sneaks Wolvie along via his purple!

• DAZ0273
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

@KGB said:

@entrailbucket said:

KGB

I think they turned off the Wolverine lockout right before they stopped running it, but maybe I'm misremembering. We used to hate that, because Wolverine was always the best character.

Ah, when they changed it so you could mirror match characters? That sounds plausible.

• Bowgentle
    Options

Yeah I think the very last run had that restriction lifted.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options

@DAZ0273 said:
    If I remember right you could skip a few days and still get full progression on the original version if you weren't playing for placement?

On the original version, players could skip the first 3 days, play the last 4 days, and still get full progression. They would need to play closer to optimal, depending on how late they start.

• Wolvie171
    Wolvie171 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options

@entrailbucket said:

Every sub, except for one, has 3 or 4 wave nodes in them. It will be a slog if this remains the same.

This run also has the new 4* as an essential character. Expect to use many health packs :#

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2023
    Options

I'm curious about the 7-day rewards. Since it's essentially two events length, I hope they adjusted it for double rewards. Otherwise, it's gonna be a drag, which I recall being a common complaint.

Plus the boost week sucks for that event.

• DAZ0273
    Options

So with the new PvE we have Ghosts 'n Goblins...

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2023
    Options

If things follow the recent pattern it will be Wong covers in the next boss event and Kang in the one after that. Do I have that right?

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,174 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:
    If things follow the recent pattern it will be Wong covers in the next boss event and Kang in the one after that. Do I have that right?

Based on recent trends, yes.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,234 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@BlackBoltRocks said:

@liminal_lad said:

Based on recent trends, yes.

Interesting - based on rewards from Thick as thieves, Wong should be in progession rewards for Enemy of the state. If his are the covers in the boss event too, that could be 3 full covers, depending on what they do with the 7 day event rewards.

• DAZ0273
    Options

Are we not due a 4* release this week or is my timing messed up?

• Bowgentle
    Options

Shush.
    Maybe they'll forget about it and give us a break 🤣

• DAZ0273
    Options

Lol, nope!