What's New MPQ: February 2023 (Updated 2/15)

Comments

• JSzym
    JSzym Posts: 4 Just Dropped In

Thanks @Bowgentle and @Sekilicious! I use Storm for the daily, so I should have 20+ tokens for the expired vault.

• Murzik
    Murzik Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

@IceIX said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Right on. I guess I'm curious if even a list of all the ones that got pushed is available since the forum discovered a couple, and maybe that's all that got done but maybe not?

the old numbers are highly likely still unchanged in the character release threads here on the forum, those almost never get updated retroactively with these reworks.

Northstar seems to be unmodified for instance: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81011/northstar-classic/p1

Here's a list of recent reworks:
    October - MODOK, Nebula, Silver Surfer
    November - Black Panther4, Namor, Iron Man5
    December - Northstar, Gambit5
    January - Iceman4, Jubilee, Kingpin5

Can I ask what rework Mysterio got because I'm not seeing any sort of improvement to his powers @IceIX

Whoops, my bad. That was scheduled, but pushed back because one of the changes required some engineering work that we didn't have time for yet. He's pending. :)

And what about Northstar and Gambit? Have they already received a rework or not?

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 806 Critical Contributor

@Murzik said:

@IceIX said:

@ThisisClemFandango said:

@IceIX said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Right on. I guess I'm curious if even a list of all the ones that got pushed is available since the forum discovered a couple, and maybe that's all that got done but maybe not?

the old numbers are highly likely still unchanged in the character release threads here on the forum, those almost never get updated retroactively with these reworks.

Northstar seems to be unmodified for instance: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/81011/northstar-classic/p1

Here's a list of recent reworks:
    October - MODOK, Nebula, Silver Surfer
    November - Black Panther4, Namor, Iron Man5
    December - Northstar, Gambit5
    January - Iceman4, Jubilee, Kingpin5

Can I ask what rework Mysterio got because I'm not seeing any sort of improvement to his powers @IceIX

Whoops, my bad. That was scheduled, but pushed back because one of the changes required some engineering work that we didn't have time for yet. He's pending. :)

And what about Northstar and Gambit? Have they already received a rework or not?

Yeah both of those have been reworked, gambit is still hindered by his black passive and northstar does new stuff
    Can you tell I'm not a fan of northstar in general?

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,088 Chairperson of the Boards

Northstar is actually quite a lot better. I mean, you still wont use him but if you selected him by accident you would only be slightly miffed rather than full on annoyed now.

• Weirdnerd2009
    Weirdnerd2009 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In

Was not expecting to see the return of Enemy of the State, or rather, Wnwmy of the state

• DAZ0273

Enemy of the State + New Boss Event, eh?

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

Complete overlap again.
    I thought this was supposed to not happen anymore?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@DAZ0273 said:

Complete overlap again.
    I thought this was supposed to not happen anymore?

We either get an overlap of several events or a full day with nothing lol

• Bowgentle

Yeah they're not... Very good with scheduling.
    I don't mind the overlap, it's better than a day without PVE, but it clearly contradicts what they said they were going to do.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

Not really. They did say this might happen in the future in the Jan Q&A.

• Bowgentle

Come on.
    "In the future" does not equal "the very next two boss events".

• HoundofShadow

That's your definition of future though. :D

• Bowgentle

Sorry, I forgot about the divine plan.
    Which also prevents them from giving clear answers.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker

Although I agree it’s a bit annoying, they originally had Webbed Wonder (if my notes are right), and have now switched it. They have said they’re wanting to bring back older events. So maybe this was a last minute decision and they want to see how they work together. If I recall correctly, isn’t participation lower in the last couple days of a 7-day event because I think you easily hit progression rewards? If so, maybe they’re checking to see if having the boss event and a 7-day gives people more to do since so many of us say how “quick” boss events are.

My real interest is whether they’ll double up shards for Wong in progression, or split between him and someone else. Based on how comfortable they are giving out 5s lately, I’m leaning toward the former, just since it’s probably the easier solution code-wise.

• DAZ0273

I like to give the Devs a very large level of leeway but this doesn't really make any sense after all the juggling of stuff with season lengths and character times in Latest tokens to arrive at a situation where this shouldn't happen yet does again almost straight away?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

I'm pretty interested to see what they did to Enemy if the State. I think we haven't seen it since before they steamrolled all the PvEs into the 3/3/4 format, so I bet they at least did that. It also had some wave fights that (I think) were 5 or 6 waves long, that took forever, and I wonder if they got rid of those.

• DAZ0273

If I remember right you could skip a few days and still get full progression on the original version if you weren't playing for placement?

• HoundofShadow

This reminds me of the argument about the definition of "a couple weeks" from a couple years back. Players had their own definitions/understandings of what "a couple weeks" means and when two weeks came and nothing happened, those players weren't pleased.

• DAZ0273

@HoundofShadow said:
    This reminds me of the argument about the definition of "a couple weeks" from a couple years back. Players had their own definitions/understandings of what "a couple weeks" means and when two weeks came and nothing happened, those players weren't pleased.

Think about it. Do you go to all the trouble they went to just for the sake of "a couple of weeks"? It makes no sense. I mean I am not overly fussed but those who are playing on a tough schedule may or may not need this hassle and are entitled to be a bit perplexed given the effort taken to try and prevent it happening. Might as well just have left things as they were?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:
    If I remember right you could skip a few days and still get full progression on the original version if you weren't playing for placement?

PvE used to be real, real weird...it's only within the last few years that every event/sub was basically the same.