Lightning Round: No Holds Barred ELITE - Round 2 - 6/1 ONLY

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Back when they had leet tourneys which awarded EVERY cover in the game or tons of ISO/HP, I couldn't participate, having like 100-200 HP at most at any given time and a 1-2* roster. I think previous elite winners are rolling their eyes at this labeling.
    Can we please have a regular NHB tourney? The format is quite fun when you don't have to use healthpacks on a useless 3 cover new character.
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Can we please have a regular NHB tourney? The format is quite fun when you don't have to use healthpacks on a useless 3 cover new character.

Are you actually use health packs on him? When loaner is much better than your 1/1/1 for all practical purposes, especially in defense?

OTOH a NHB indeed would be some change.
  • Unknown
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    locked wrote:

Are you actually use health packs on him? When loaner is much better than your 1/1/1 for all practical purposes, especially in defense?

*coughnomanslandcough*
  • Unknown
    Options
    A No Man's Land could actually be fun now, since there's real options compared to when it last ran. Those 230 IWs a few people have could also come out to play.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    locked wrote:

Ouch I brainfarted I guess. I used to fire Sacrifice sometimes in the beginning, but during my push to 900 my Sentry was exclusively matching Environment and sitting pretty. I need to switch to the loaner indeed, thanks.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    That "pack" is kinda misleading there.
    extremely misleading, not kind of. The way it's worded says 150coins gets you a 10-pack at the very least. Can anyone confirm this before I waste my coins

I was about to pull the trigger when I saw "pack" as well, but thankfully I checked the rewards first. I'm hoping that was just a typo on their part, otherwise that is definitely extremely misleading.

If it isn't a pack I definitely feel misled. Why would they suddenly change the terminology just to rip-off a few players?
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    the wording is EXTREMELY misleading. The top 2 are guaranteed 3 star tokens and the rest are just Heroics, my bracket leader has just 3 85's for his top team and i've yet to see anyone with a team of 141's. Closest i've seen was 2 141's and a 95 CMags.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's at a sucky time for Europeans.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I read the forums constantly, but afraid there must be a gap in my knowledge that's only apparent in these tiny brackets...
    I'm being matched 100% against high/max 3* teams, but all those I can see around & above me in my bracket are 2* teams:

1. Where do these teams come from?
    2. Presumably they are matched/retaliating against me too - where do the points go when that happens?
    3. Am I correct in assuming that no matter how I perform in my bracket, I will still be vulnerable to losing all my points if someone with L141 Mags/Patch/Daken - from wherever - decides to farm me but the same isn't happening to the L70-80 teams & whomever they are facing?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I entered with my alt account. My main is sitting this one out, he's stuck in a death bracket.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I could use the prize, but currentyly stuck in MMR hell as I'm seeing teams of minimum 2 141s..
    I COULD win those fights, but seeing 85s leading my bracket right now, it just doesn't seems right..

No hold barred should be just that, which also include no MMR barrier whatsoever..

The event organizer of d3/demiurge sucks at wording, first they got "pack" wrong and now they even get the event title wrong :p
  • Unknown
    Options
    I don't see why the matchmaking would be any different from normal in this event. Since you're in 50 people brackets it's more likely to see more roster extremes (all weak, all strong, whatever) compared to 500 people in a bracket.

These event usually works out in your favor if you had some time to burn and don't mind what amounts to buying iso with HP at a decent rate, sort of like the Lone Star daily specials are actually pretty good deals for buying iso 8. If you're trying to get the top prize, it's probably not worth it unless you really need any 3* (though in that case you'd probably not do well in the first place) or you got extra time to burn.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I feel so lost, im at first with 440 at the moment and havent been attacked, but i dont know what my strategy will be to end it at all :-\
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pjoe0211 wrote:
    I feel so lost, im at first with 440 at the moment and havent been attacked, but i dont know what my strategy will be to end it at all :-\

i feel your pain, i'm first with 664 and over a hundred points above 2nd place and he's shielded now, and my attacks come at a trickle....evidently i got into a really weak bracket, it's so....odd
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Shielded in first with my main threat psykopathic 100 points back. Really hope I can hold on icon_e_surprised.gificon_eek.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    100 points in 30 minutes? Are we talking 1000+ point range here? You might want to spend some ISO skipping until you get him in your queue.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Ghast wrote:
    100 points in 30 minutes? Are we talking 1000+ point range here? You might want to spend some ISO skipping until you get him in your queue.

Couldn't find him. I have 25 point matches lined up though if need bee. I'm currently sitting first with 722. He's unshielded now with 632.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lost 160pts during the night, which put me at around #26 IIRC.

Just climbed back, currently at #4, with 30pts loss to #1. top2 shielded. some people just unshielded and are pushing. I decided what the hell, all for the sake of fun icon_e_smile.gif

RageFace decided not to shield (I assume) - he climbed up to 800 and just dropped to 647.

I like this tourney, as due to the fact the points are low, You loose much less when defeated than usually in the 700+ range.

EDIT: Treid just climbed at #1 with 713pts. Only 2* in roster. Curious if he'll fall down or get lucky and climb higher.
  • Unknown
    Options
    7mins. Treid got to 750pts. No shield.
  • Unknown
    Options
    lol i broke my shield and am about to get dominated can someone post when it is officially over?