Lightning Round: No Holds Barred ELITE - Round 2 - 6/1 ONLY

Options
A flash 12 hour NHB tourney with a 150 HP buy-in appeared on Saturday ... and apparently reappeared again today on Sunday.

Buy in: 150 HP
Bracket Size: 50 players
Timing: 12 hours

1 3*** Recruit Token, 2000 ISO, 250 HP
2 3*** Recruit Token, 1500 ISO, 100 HP
3 - 5 Heroic Token x 3, 1000 ISO, 50 HP
6 - 10 Heroic Token x 2, 1000 ISO, 50 HP
11 - 20 Heroic Token x 2, 500 ISO
21 - 35 Heroic Token x 1, 500 ISO
36 + Heroic Token x 1, 250 ISO

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    First look - decent.

50person brackets? That's gonna be fun!
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ha! Beat you by a minute! icon_razz.gif

If you want to update it go ahead, let me know
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just saw that. Not sure if it's worth it for me, as I doubt I'll be competing for the top spots.
    I mean, I'd get some ISO and a Heroic Token, aka some more ISO.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeh... I'll be skipping these ones. Not worth the cost since I know I wouldn't get 1st. icon_razz.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    50 person brackets? Good. Being gently nudged into a death bracket? Bad.

I wonder if this will have a shield bug too.
  • Arogntbastrd
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Did we just get ninja merged? Are Lyrian and I common law married now? icon_eek.gif

Past elites were unbracketed battle royales right? 50 brackets make it very interesting.

Will this mark the return of Jose martins (was that his name?) or other people who were at the top of those and we've NEVER heard of since?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Ha! Beat you by a minute! icon_razz.gif

If you want to update it go ahead, let me know

That's what I get for trying to use pwetty formatting on my post, lol.

Yeah, I updated the post. If you want, I can just copy/paste it over to your thread.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Second look - naaah...

You need top2 to, at the price of 50HP, get 2000 ISO (or 1500 ISO + useful 3*).

We don't know which heroes are in those tokens. Is Daken included?
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    Looks like they put my replies in here since you were already formatted. Pretty formatting ftw!
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Did we just get ninja merged? Are Lydian and I common law married now? icon_eek.gif

Past elites were unbracketed battle royales right? 50 brackets make it very interesting.

Will this mark the return of Jose martins (was that his name?) or other people who were at the top of those and we've NEVER heard of since?

ROFL! I think we did!

/looks around for the shifty green-names....

Lydian? Who? Hrmm.... you know I actually like that one. Nice wordplay there, if not an accidental typo. I'll add that one to my list of aliases. Either way, +1 for you.

On the other hand, this one really doesn't seem tailored to the veterans.

A random 3*** cover is not exactly a great deal for a long-term player, and you need to outright win to fully recoup entry costs. For new players, I can definitely seem them biting. 50 person brackets really minimizes the chances of running into someone with a full set of 141s, while not outright handing players an easy bracket win.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wonder what the 3* recruit token is all about. How would the odds be?

I would have prefer that i could choose the 3*, but i guess that's asking too much... icon_razz.gif

Does it have shield for the event?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Shields:

75HP 30mins
    150HP 1hr
    300HP 2hrs

So far I don't know any of the nicknames in my bracket.
  • daveomite
    daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same here. Just decided to see what it was like. Not seeing any familiar names yet...and a lot of 85 teams, surprised me so far.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I only need about a third of the 3* covers as it is - and that assumes Lazy Daken and Sentry are in the packs, which I'm sure they aren't. Nope.
  • Unknown
    Options
    atomzed wrote:
    I wonder what the 3* recruit token is all about. How would the odds be?

I would have prefer that i could choose the 3*, but i guess that's asking too much... icon_razz.gif

Does it have shield for the event?

Shield - Can't tell without entering. I would be shocked if it didn't offer shielding.

Drop rate odds? From the MPQ Wiki, there are 20 3***s + Golds, so that would make the odds at a flat 5% per character, assuming that no one is restricted from being pulled (no way to tell, no tokens purchasable in the shop to grab info on the token odds).
  • Unknown
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It says "all entrants get at least one ""Heroic Cover Pack"". I looked at the event rewards. Bottom gets only 1 heroic cover plus 250 Iso-8. That "pack" is kinda misleading there. It's like a longer LR with an entry fee of 150 HP. 1 heroic cover costs 100 HP for me at the moment. Looks like a sale (daily deal). Normally costs 300. Of course there is the possibility of Iso-8 farming but considering I don't have any worthy 3* characters, I don't think it's gonna be fun.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hulk max + Patch max.

Who should join them, regarding good defence?

1. Hood 128 at 543
    2. Psy max at 535
    3. Cap max at 355
    4. CMags 115 at 533
    5. Punisher max at 355

I don't think Cap is much of a help, though yellow + blue helps with rainbow.
    CMags - no one is afraid of him.
    Psy - quick fights, dunno about defence
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Well ****. I'm royally screwed. Got psykopathic in my bracket. Guess that's 150 hp wasted icon_cry.gif
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    I wish this was unbracketed, it was fun seeing the masterful shield hopping at the top. Forum play by play was entertaining as well
  • Unknown
    Options
    Well ****. I'm royally screwed. Got psykopathic in my bracket. Guess that's 150 hp wasted icon_cry.gif

Top 2 receive the 3*** token. 2nd place costs you net 50 HP, but wouldn't be a total waste.