**** Colleen Wing (Heroes for Hire) ****

13»

Comments

• Sekilicious
    Sekilicious Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards

@Timemachinego said:
    I'm hoping they update the allegiances before her pvp so I can at least run some H4H nonsense... I'd like an excuse to run her with Misty if not another of that bunch.

Great news. Affiliations have been updated but not announced

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

She’s looking great for a ddq change up team.
    I doubt she will punch up to 5*, but run her with c4ge and f4st on the daily deadpool 4* node for fun shenanigans.

I’m wondering if the hero for hire team will be faster than my blob Polaris rocket team.(unlikely)
    Clearly a 535 but her red could do some real damage at 355 and the right team.

• Sekilicious
    edited January 2023

Mod note. Deleted a bunch of nerf chasm rhetoric. There are a couple threads for that topic going on the main page if you want to continue that discussion.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards

@Sekilicious said:
    Mod note. Deleted a bunch of nerf chasm rhetoric. There are a couple threads for that topic going on the main page if you want to continue that discussion.

Reasonable. Bringing up "well XX is useless against Chasm" is almost as annoying as saying "XX is not Omega Red!"

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2023

Abilities listed at level 255/450

Is this incorrect? What would be the correct levels for a 4*?

Nevermind that. What I'm really wondering is how much is a 180% or 360% match damage on a 4* character compared to a 5* character?

• Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker

It appears to me that a lot of people are misinterpreting her red power, thinking it will double the strength of all strike tiles on the board. I don't think that's the case. I think it will deal X amount of damage plus twice the combined strength of all friendly strike tiles. The STs themselves remain unchanged

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@Jacklag said:

Nevermind that. What I'm really wondering is how much is a 180% or 360% match damage on a 4* character compared to a 5* character?

370 Carnage boosted to 479 has 392 on red, his strongest colour.
    So 400 X 3.6 is about 1300, which is... Not too bad for a 4*
    499 Jane has about that.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards

@Bowgentle said:

@Jacklag said:

370 Carnage boosted to 479 has 392 on red, his strongest colour.
    So 400 X 3.6 is about 1300, which is... Not too bad for a 4*
    499 Jane has about that.

Presumably she counts herself as a Heroes for Hire character so she's always doing +180% damage. So you could reach +540% match damage if you have 2 other Heroes for Hire Characters on the team (Misty and soon Cage/Fist). At that point she will really be hitting hard and more importantly, when you fire her Yellow you can get an attack/defense tile of strength 1000+.

Her Yellow should make a nice team up for 5* teams since they will benefit nicely from the 'strongest match damage' being used as the value for the tile.

KGB

• Sekilicious
    edited January 2023

@KGB said:
    Misty and soon Cage/Fist.

Both 3 and 4* versions of the OG H4H have had affiliation updates

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,807 Chairperson of the Boards

Very high match damage boosts on 4* seem to be pretty playable for 4* players. Karnak is still popular, and Juggernaut, and so is America Chavez. Those characters have other advantages too, but I think match damage is a big part of their power.

I wonder if they're planning to buff 4* Cage or Iron Fist? Both guys are a little behind the curve right now, but both could be brought up pretty easily with a few tweaks. The work they've been doing on 4* updates has been overlooked here, but those buffs have been much stronger (relatively) than the 5* ones.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

A maxed 4* has 170 on his strongest so 540% is 918.
    Now if you equip a support boosting that color on 94, i.e, then it will be 264 and its 540% 1425, more than any 5* unboosted.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Using her in welcome to Shield, and Colleen is legit. She is nearly impossible to down once she starts getting the blue countdowns out. Unless you have a toon with a giant nuke she is going to eat a ton of damage and just shake it off.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,489 Chairperson of the Boards

@Jacklag said:
    It appears to me that a lot of people are misinterpreting her red power, thinking it will double the strength of all strike tiles on the board. I don't think that's the case. I think it will deal X amount of damage plus twice the combined strength of all friendly strike tiles. The STs themselves remain unchanged

Presumably the strike tiles already enhance the damage for that power 1x, so they enhance it 2x more, or if you want to look at it another way, the strike tiles are three times as effective for that specific power.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,904 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

@GrimSkald said:

@Jacklag said:

Presumably the strike tiles already enhance the damage for that power 1x, so they enhance it 2x more, or if you want to look at it another way, the strike tiles are three times as effective for that specific power.

I don't read it like that (normal strike damage plus 2x more). I read it as it does double the value of the strike tile damage. So if you have 2 strikes on the board at strength 100 then it does +400 damage (100+100)*2 instead of the normal +200 damage.

KGB

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards

This is the formula to calculate her red active power, including the bonus 50% damage:

((Red damage + (value of strike tiles x 2))* 1.5) + (value of strike tiles)

For example, using 270 CW,
    Red damage = 4366
    Strike tiles = 3000
    Concentration tile = +50% damage

She would deal (4366+(3000x2))*1.5+3000 = 18,549

And because of this, she could deal insane damage with Kitty (+ Ultron) buffing those strike tiles in PvEs.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards

@HoundofShadow said:
    This is the formula to calculate her red active power, including the bonus 50% damage:

((Red damage + (value of strike tiles x 2))* 1.5) + (value of strike tiles)

For example, using 270 CW,
    Red damage = 4366
    Strike tiles = 3000
    Concentration tile = +50% damage

She would deal (4366+(3000x2))*1.5+3000 = 18,549

And because of this, she could deal insane damage with Kitty (+ Ultron) buffing those strike tiles in PvEs.

Is this formula tested and confirmed in game?

• HoundofShadow

Tested by me. Anyone can test it. All you need is the value of your strike tiles and red power. Plug in the numbers and you get the answer. Numbers are rounded up to the nearest digit. Also, take note of any protect tiles or any abilities that reduce damage.

• Sekilicious
    edited February 2023

I have split out the feeder comments to let you continue that discussion. Please find that here. https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/88096/3-feeder-for-peggy

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards

@Sekilicious said:
    we should probably get back on the topic of Colleen Wing.

Indeed. People here love to derail conversations and don't know how to moderate themselves.

For Colleen, I think 5/3/5 will be the way to go. She seems more of a support/defensive character than a character to use for their offensive prowess. For her DDQ I'll go 5/5/3.

• HoundofShadow

5/5/3 for massive damage when paired with strike buffers like Kitty or Ultron in pves. We are looking at more than 100k damage with her red for 3 or 6 ap cost.