Ongoing PVE Break Till 1/5 and Compensation

1235»

Comments

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker

As long as the gap between season starts remains constant there shouldn’t be a problem. If there is a short season then the off season just needs to be longer to compensate.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@Ptahhotep said:
    As long as the gap between season starts remains constant there shouldn’t be a problem. If there is a short season then the off season just needs to be longer to compensate.

yeah, Its starting to feel like there could have been a mini-season if the devs were better prepared and organized.

I'll admit, Predictability and Consistency in how the events are run are integral to my enjoyment of how I usually play. So I was unhappy to hear 2 chars would be rotated.

But at the end of the day, the chars are will be in LL for a reasonably consistent amount of time.

At the end of the day, I accept that this was all a scheduling snafu and the best way out is to have the long off season so 5* aren't rotated out too fast.

Its a reasonable outcome/result but poorly communicated and explained (how this impacted how many days each 5* would be in LL) to the playerbase.

• fractalvisions
    fractalvisions Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker

@Bowgentle said:
    We had shorter seasons before, but they never made things go off the rails that badly.

We did see something similar with 4*s last year where Doc Ock and Echo both entered tokens on the same day but there weren't the same issues with 5*. That's because before a few months ago, 5*s would always enter LL 4 weeks after being introduced. It wasn't tied to the seasons. Now the introduction of a character and its introduction into LL are no longer synchronised.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2023

New 4* and 5* characters seem to be the priority over everything else. It would've just been so much easier to delay the release of the next 4* and 5* character but instead they'll let everything else get f'ed up over delaying new characters.