Ongoing PVE Break Till 1/5 and Compensation

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin

As you've all seen, and chatted about, we're taking a little bit of a PVE break to get everything perfectly on schedule. This break will allow us to offset Versus seasons, new character releases, and Boss Events so that we don't keep doubling up on PVE events and Boss Events. This doesn't mean that we may not do that on purpose in the future, but it won't be a matter of the event auto-scheduler just kind of throwing one in there.

A result of this offset is that obviously, you've got a PVE break for a couple of days. There's still the 12 Days of Marvel, SHIELD for Abomination, and Deadpool Dailies to play, so there's still PVE content, just not a competitive event. The knock on to this though is that you're not getting the rewards that you'd be pulling from a PVE event. So we've decided to toss out a bit of compensation so that you don't get behind in your Iso and HP runs. Tomorrow we'll be gifting out:

• 200 Hero Points
  • 10000 Iso-8
  • 1 New Dev Vault Token
  • 2 Mighty Tokens

This should give a good balance of rewards for most players compared to what they'd normally be getting, including a shot at some pretty nice rewards in the New Dev Vault. Hope you enjoy the rewards, and the little break!

Comments

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker

Even if this was weird and imperfect, it was still feels like it was handled so much more gracefully than things have been in the past.

I'm on board with our new benevolent overlords.

• liminal_lad

Having said that -- Any chance we get Riri and Hit Monkey rotated into tokens on Thursday? The long lag is feeling a little painful.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker

January schedule shows new season isn’t until the 12th. I’ve asked (here, Discord, and Reddit) if it’s possible for both Ironheart and HitMonkey to come in together. Here’s hoping. 46 days between stores and Latest Legends is way too long.

• EddieCL
    EddieCL Posts: 26 Just Dropped In

@liminal_lad said:
    Having said that -- Any chance we get Riri and Hit Monkey rotated into tokens on Thursday? The long lag is feeling a little painful.

Problem is, I am waiting for Arcade to rotate out to give it a chance for more Emma covers. If they both rotate out at the same time, I will not have that chance... and probably other players are in the same situation.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

@EddieCL said:

@liminal_lad said:

Problem is, I am waiting for Arcade to rotate out to give it a chance for more Emma covers. If they both rotate out at the same time, I will not have that chance... and probably other players are in the same situation.

She-hulk and Emma are leaving first. IF they were to rotate two, it'd be those two leaving Arcade, Riri, and Hitmonkey

• EddieCL
    edited January 2023

My bad. I meant She-Huk instead of Arcade, lol. I have all the She-Hulk covers I need/want.

At the end, the point is the same. Lots of players wait for 1 specific character to rotate out before pulling for the latest trio.

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor

aah. yea i'm the same. I have emma and She-hulk champed. so urgently want them out so i can champ Arcade/Riri/Hit Monkey

• Xception81

For sure, some will prefer single rotations. But is it better to have one shortened character to get away from the 46 day break? I think it is. And it sounds from Discord that this might be what they’re planning. But we’ll see if Ice confirms here too.

• EddieCL

But don't get me wrong. I'm all in favor to speed up the rotation in order to catch up on schedule, but give at least one week to pull, uh?

• Xception81

Well there’s still 9 days. And hopefully they’ll have a post saying they’re doing this.

• Xception81

Additionally there will probably be a Phoenix 5 special store (with the 3 we have).

• EddieCL

Awesome, thanks!

• liminal_lad

@IceIX said:

@liminal_lad said:

Current plan with next season is to rotate out She-Hulk and Emma with Riri and Hit-Monkey coming in, then have a CP store for a little bit for people who still wanted to grab Emma a little longer.

I LOVE this plan. Thank you!!!

• liminal_lad

@Xception81 said:
    January schedule shows new season isn’t until the 12th. I’ve asked (here, Discord, and Reddit) if it’s possible for both Ironheart and HitMonkey to come in together. Here’s hoping. 46 days between stores and Latest Legends is way too long.

Thanks. I missed this when I looked at the calendar. These tokens are burning a hole in my pocket!

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 907 Critical Contributor

@liminal_lad said:

@IceIX said:

@liminal_lad said:

Current plan with next season is to rotate out She-Hulk and Emma with Riri and Hit-Monkey coming in, then have a CP store for a little bit for people who still wanted to grab Emma a little longer.

I LOVE this plan. Thank you!!!

Not the best solution, but probably the only feasible one. Personally, I'm not a huge fan but it is what it is. I was finally able to keep up champing the latest before leaving. I was waiting for She-Hulk to leave to hopefully pull a couple emma covers to champ her and build up arcade and riri with any 5* pulls that weren't emma. Then I'd have time to build a hoard back up to keep the cycle going.

• MrPlow
    MrPlow Posts: 240 Tile Toppler

Could've just delayed the release of the next 5* to get things back in sync. That would've been a nice break instead of no PVE.

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

Very happy to receive compensation when it really doesn't need to be done, not sure why people are so horrified at having a little bit of a break from a game.

One thing regarding announcements like this, is there any chance of this info being put across in game? I appreciate everyone can access the forums but for a lot of players they will only interact with the game itself and will probably reduce a lot of the frustrations players may be having over confusion of event changes.

• hipUK
    hipUK Posts: 75 Match Maker
    1. Pretty big gaffe
    2. It hard to get mad when all the shards were raining down on us for a month or something
    3. This kind of clarification/response makes it a lot better
    4. I certainly don't mind a PVE break, TBH!!