Ongoing PVE Break Till 1/5 and Compensation

Comments

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,592 Chairperson of the Boards

@Scofie said:
    Hi @IceIX - a thought just occurred to me about the Limited vault for Emma as she's rotating out with She Hulk. Why not include Arcade and Riri with her (effectively replicating her being in LL for a short period) rather than the P5 pairing? No different than it would have been on a normal rotation other than having to use CP instead of LTs (though plenty of chance to pull with LTs previously) and won't disrupt anything else in the original timeline.

This would legit be perfect. Probably the best idea I have seen on the forums in the past year. Escalate this

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,091 Chairperson of the Boards

That would be great. I have Emma at 10 covers so this works for me.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,309 Chairperson of the Boards

This would legit be perfect. Probably the best idea I have seen on the forums in the past year. Escalate this

Thanks! Now how do I escalate it? I'm just the ideas man...

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

I'd rather pull for Colossus, but that's just me.

• Scofie
  • killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

No thanks... I'd rather pull for colossus than Arcade. You're suggesting a much waeker store

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor

I'm not complaining about the break - I don't play it every day anyway. Just a suggestion, though: if it was just a matter of realigning the PVE schedule, why not use some of the one-off PVE events that have rarely (or never) been repeated, like Growth Industry, Amadeus' Inferno or Inside Job? They could run for 1 day each and fill the time. They might feature older characters, but they've got unique story content that a lot of players may not have seen.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 583 Critical Contributor

@JHawkInc said:

@killahKlown said:
    No thanks... I'd rather pull for colossus than Arcade. You're suggesting a much waeker store

It's not about the strength of the store, it's about preserving the integrity of the Latest rotation, and allowing people who wanted to pull when one of them rotated the opportunity to do so, like they reasonable could have expected they would be able to do based on the Latest rotation going back to... the first of 2017.

The suggested store may be arguably more competitive, but it could screw over anyone who with unlucky RNG that expected a normal Latest rotation and (reasonably) couldn't have predicted two 5's would rotate at the same time.

Ya I don't need an explanation. @scoffie was quite clear in his original suggestion. I still say no thanks

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,638 Chairperson of the Boards

The group of players deeply concerned about "preserving the integrity" of a token rotation is such a small minority that they really shouldn't have any influence on decisionmaking at all. The devs should do what's best for the most players.

• Scofie

@entrailbucket said:
    The group of players deeply concerned about "preserving the integrity" of a token rotation is such a small minority that they really shouldn't have any influence on decisionmaking at all. The devs should do what's best for the most players.

I personally think the integrity of the game is far more important than what any group of players want. And there are so many segmented player groups that "what's best for the most players" is impossible to ascertain based on current information.

Based on that philosophy, should we purely have meta characters in every non- LL store?

• entrailbucket

How can a game have "integrity?"

If you're referring to the sort of regimented, ruthlessly scheduled, monotonous repetition that a small group of players seem to prefer, I think that's been a massive detriment to the game and its community.

The previous regime (for unknown reasons) cultivated and then catered to a group of players who want to play the same game, at the same time, in the same events, with the same characters, every single day for years. They can't make any changes ever, or introduce any element of unpredictability without angering this small group, and the game ends up stale because of them.

Predictable is another word for boring.

• Scofie
    edited January 2023

I don't think predictability or routine is the same thing as integrity of the game. I'm all for change and innovation and keeping things fresh. I've never been critical of any changes or mistakes and very happy to keep on playing and see how things go. Change should always have a benefit to someone even if it doesn't benefit everyone and sometimes you win and sometimes you don't.

This switch of 2 LL at the same time was done for the purposes of aligning events and character rotations and seasons, etc. No problem with that, good idea. Because of that, though, it has been decided that Emma has a special store. I don't really care whether there is a store or not, but there will be. The purpose of that store was to allow Emma to be pulled in lieu of her being in LL.

Anyone could be in the store (even Dr. 5trange since it's been a while...) but there is a good synergy in having the same characters as would have been there had the change not occurred. Ultimately, it achieves the benefits of the change whilst minimising the unintended consequences. Regardless of who you like, who you have at whatever level, it works as a choice. It has integrity.

• entrailbucket

I'm not following this at all, sorry. It either sounds like you're saying that predictability="integrity," or you're attributing some sort of morals or sense of fairness to a superhero phone game which has neither.

My preferred token rotation scheme would be random characters entering and/or leaving tokens at random times on random days (seriously, this is what I want). Does that scheme have integrity?

• Captain_Trips88
    Captain_Trips88 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker

The integrity in question is that if things hadn't broken there would have been a LL store of Emma, Arcade and Riri. Therefore by having those 3 in the new store (running alongside Arcade, Riri and Hit Monkey) you would maintain what should have happened.
    Integrity just means maintaining the status quo in this instance.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,387 Chairperson of the Boards

So are Riri and Hit Monkey going to rotate out one at a time or both together when their times come? Who will rotate out first?

• entrailbucket

@Captain_Trips88 said:
    The integrity in question is that if things hadn't broken there would have been a LL store of Emma, Arcade and Riri. Therefore by having those 3 in the new store (running alongside Arcade, Riri and Hit Monkey) you would maintain what should have happened.
    Integrity just means maintaining the status quo in this instance.

That makes more sense.

I still don't think it's a big deal, and I really doubt it's relevant to more than a handful of players.

• Xception81
    Xception81 Posts: 424 Mover and Shaker

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    So are Riri and Hit Monkey going to rotate out one at a time or both together when their times come? Who will rotate out first?

They’ll rotate out separately. Assuming we are now back to a standard one month schedule, Riri will leave 3/9 and Hit Monkey will leave 4/6.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023

I remember reading both Riri and Monkey will rotate in together on the 12th.

Here's the quote:

"Current plan with next season is to rotate out She-Hulk and Emma with Riri and Hit-Monkey coming in, then have a CP store for a little bit for people who still wanted to grab Emma a little longer."

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/996778#Comment_996778