Gambit unannounced buff

Options
13»

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,268 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The invention of repeaters took CDs out of fashion long enough for a lot of people to forget he was a thing I think; I quite like Hawkeye too but his health is way too low for the modern game.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,216 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He briefly showed up again when Eyeface was boosted, and that team was pretty fun/unpleasant to fight. I think it's probably just that Beta Ray Bill is a faster and more consistent blue battery, and nobody really wants to battery red right now.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

Emma does, but she can’t facilitate Hawkeye at all unfortunately.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    The invention of repeaters took CDs out of fashion long enough for a lot of people to forget he was a thing I think; I quite like Hawkeye too but his health is way too low for the modern game.

So, wait for him to get his turn to be brought up to today's standard.
    Really no reason he shouldn't have health equal to Gambit I think.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    Options

I was hopeful it might’ve happened for the Hawkeye show, but I guess not. Apropos of Hawkeye, I really hope Jeremy Renner pulls through from this snowplow accident he seems to have had, it sounds terrible.

• Bowgentle
    edited January 2023
    Options

Yeah he really shouldn't have used an acid arrow for clearing his driveway :(
    Seriously though, I hope he gets through that!

• entrailbucket
    Options

@entrailbucket said:
    He briefly showed up again when Eyeface was boosted, and that team was pretty fun/unpleasant to fight. I think it's probably just that Beta Ray Bill is a faster and more consistent blue battery, and nobody really wants to battery red right now.

Realized I'm an utter moron -- tons of people want to battery red because of Shang-Chi, but Hawkeye doesn't really work with him.

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2023
    Options

After using him a few times this buff was not enough. I think maybe if they kept the boardshake on his red and added the new, big damage it would at least give him a secondary benefit (random charged tile gen is a double edged sword rather than pure benefit).

As is he just sorta slow, sorta cheap red damage. But his purple no longer has much defensive value since it only overwrites SAP tiles, and his black is still pretty slow, especially considering the power lockout for allies.

• entrailbucket
    Options

Gotta wait for a boost week. He's obviously nowhere near as good as the good 5*s. The only question is, will he be usable boosted? Before this, he wasn't.

• Bzhai
    Bzhai Posts: 461 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Vhailorx said:
    After using him a few times this buff was not enough. I think maybe if they kept the boardshake on his red and added the new, big damage it would at least give him a secondary benefit (random charged tile gen is a double edged sword rather than pure benefit).

As is he just sorta slow, sorta cheap red damage. But his purple no longer has much defensive value since it only overwrites SAP tiles, and his black is still pretty slow, especially considering the power lockout for allies.

Yea, bring back his purple which could overwrite countdown tiles. Then at least he'll be somewhat useful in pve.

• entrailbucket
    edited February 2023
    Options

Overlooked in the current... situation...this is the first time Gambit has been boosted since he received his buff. It's a really powerful boost week with Okoye, SW, and some other powerful characters, but Hawkeye is boosted too, so I gave Gambit a shot.

He's crazy good now! The combo with Hawkeye works really well. Gambit's new red is a cheap monster nuke on its own, and his CD tiles hit crazy hard. The tile charging ability really helps to speed up his entire kit. Hawkeye being there fortified Gambit's CDs and generated even more red for him.

I'd say this is a very successful buff, if their goal was to make him usable when boosted.

• Bowgentle
    Options

And he's very beatable, especially this week - but you'll still eat at least one red that hurts.
    I agree, a very good buff.