Christmas weekend and its AM. really??

Options
Julie71
Julie71 MTGPQ Mod Posts: 707 Critical Contributor

@Oktagon_Support do yall hate us?????? lol really avacyn madness one a Christmas weekend. I for one will be super busy. I would much rather there be no weekend event but if you must. please schedule something much less grindy please and thank you.

Comments

• Ampersand
    Ampersand Posts: 206 Tile Toppler
    Options

I agree wholeheartedly. Avacyn's Madness is the WORST possible event to run over the Christmas weekend. Something easy and breezy like A World Reborn would be much better.

• Techg
    Techg Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

I am in for none or a simple 2 node event.

• chiefwahoo
    chiefwahoo Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

I second the comments. An endless, grindy event like AM is stupid

• Kumashi06
    Kumashi06 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

I agree. We should have an event that doesn't involve risk for almost everybody to miss charges. If you want to make this weekend a PvE event, get us the dominaria one instead 🙏

• HailHydra
    HailHydra Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options

It's definitely quite excessive. People want to spend time with their families and friends, not stuck in an event for half the weekend.

Either no event or a much more relaxed one, so those in guilds with mandatory contributions aren't losing their minds, please.

Thank you and Happy Holidays.

• TopoLoco
    TopoLoco Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options

This is Madness, literally. The longest event at the busiest time. It's bad enough on a weekend when you have nothing else to do...

• Jammish
    Jammish Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

AM is the worst possible option for this weekend. Please either not do an event or change it

• Kimberlynn
    Kimberlynn Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

AM is bad enough on any weekend due to 5 nodes and 3 max charges 🙄 But on a holiday weekend?

I’d like to have an event, just not this one.

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options
  • The_Fab
    The_Fab Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options

Dear Oktagon, could you please change Avacyn Madness with a less time consuming event ?

• jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

If AM stays on the agenda, I'll be dropping from my coalition for the weekend and not participating. I can barely find time to complete that event on a regular weekend. There's zero chance I would be a competitive participant in AM over the holiday weekend.

• ReadingRambo
    ReadingRambo Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options

Add me to the vote for a less time-consuming event. Give us AM like, second week of January.

• Fireguy
    Fireguy Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options

Avacyns Madness over Christmas weekend? I know for myself that I will not be able to play this weekend and I'm sure this goes for many many others. Let us enjoy the family time without being glued to our phones. A majority of the community will be traveling and with family and we do not have the time or desire to worry about missing charges while spending Christmas with loves ones.

As said above, please change this event to a less demanding event like AWR or another standard event like Matrimonium - we haven't seen that event in a loooong time.

This is a classic move from the Grinch. 😄 Let's keep Christmas alive!

• IPA
    IPA Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options

I couldn't agree more. Coalition chatter is about how many will be sitting out due to AM...

• Janosik
    Janosik Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I agree, please let's not play AM over Christmas weekend

• DAllofAbove
    DAllofAbove Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options

Attempting to induce player madness? C’mon! Pick a simple one, please!

• GloryHammer
    GloryHammer Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

I appreciate the idea of a PVE where we know what we're up against.

Perhaps God Pharoh could be a compromise, less nodes and charges to keep on top of.

• Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2022
    Options

I have at least 3 players in my coalition so far that will not play this event this weekend.

I understand that everyone can choose whether they play or don't play but is that a choice you want to put on your players?

Play Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest or spend the holiday with your family.

Personally, i have several hours of driving to do this weekend. Should I play and drive? That would be the only way I could keep up with Avacyn Madness.

• boopers
    boopers Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Options

No coalition event at all would be a nice gift. Run a solo pve event or something.

• LoboX01
    LoboX01 Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options

100% agree. It is only Monday, so plenty of time to make a change.

Please switch out AM to something else.