Champion Rewards: The New Batch (Live 12/8)

Options

Comments

• skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    Yes, he was released June 3 last year. Then the following characters without feeders in release order would be:

Shang Chi - August
    Gamora - October
    Sersi - November
    Big Wheel - December

Abigail - January
    Moon Knight - April
    Gargantos - May
    Thor - June
    Chasm - July

Unbelievable. There are 11 5* releases as for now for 2022, and only 5 don't have feeders.

Technically DocOck is currently feederless, too. He is the oldest.
    He lost C4rnage as his feeder, and 4Ock hasn't been (presumably) assigned as his new one, yet.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I've forgotten about that. So, Dr Ock will precede Ronan and I don't know when Dr Ock was releases. Probably 2016 or 2017?

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 770 Critical Contributor
    Options

Great to see crystal on the list

Could be fully champed by the new year for all 5s

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Borstock said:

@GrimSkald said:

@bigjojo04 said:
    Seeing the Echo change is awesome. It’s one of the 4* that I do have champed over 280 and it’ll allow me to roster Daredevil so I can use his costume I got from the free token I got back during anniversary. Keep ‘em coming!

Honestly, thematically Daredevil is my favorite 5* - he fits the TV show so well. He gets the utter tinykitty beaten out of him, but then before he's down for the count, he rallies and also hits harder. The more he managed to cling to consciousness, the stronger he gets. :)

His numbers aren't great, though, which is why no one uses him. If he was simply boosted a bit he might be very usable.

I very much agree. There are actually quite a few very well designed characters that get no use because of the numbers. I always thought the 5* Widow fell into the same category. Her powers all feel perfect for her. They just don't do enough of what they do and/or are too expensive.

Daredevil was part of my transition into 5* play. I had a single champ in Gambit OG and paired him with AC for a while just to take advantage of match damage + criticals.

Then I dual champed DD & JJ, which was such a great 5* duo at the time. DD for the heals and strikes, JJ to add more strikes to help him heal up faster plus her passive. And a rainbow team to boot.

Even with OG Gambit, I'd end up running DD & JJ instead

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,189 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Some of those older 5*s are very mechanically interesting, they just got super left behind by the modern game. Goblin is another one who could just get a bit of a number look both in terms of the basics like health and damage, but also power cost. I guess Goblin King should force all CDs to immediately resolve, and probably Repeaters as well these days.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Some of those older 5*s are very mechanically interesting, they just got super left behind by the modern game. Goblin is another one who could just get a bit of a number look both in terms of the basics like health and damage, but also power cost. I guess Goblin King should force all CDs to immediately resolve, and probably Repeaters as well these days.

Since he's seemingly in every other challenge node in PVE... nope 🤣

• Kaidrin1979
    Kaidrin1979 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

That sounds great.
    Some cover for the "old" 5*

• Zalasta
    Zalasta Posts: 271 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Glad to see these changes, even though it doesn't appear that this batch won't give me covers for non-championed 5-stars. Maybe in the next batch..

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Love more feeders coming, and love The Gremlins 2: The New Batch reference.

• Birdy
    Birdy Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options

Woot! Thanks Devs. Looks like I'll finally get to Champ 5 * Clintagar Bartonagon \m/

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,979 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@WilliamK1983 said:
    I like how it's being done in small batches. Since I keep track of almost everything in game, the smaller drops are much easier and quicker to deal with. Keep em coming, my quick roster progress thanks you.

I was going to say something similar - being done in small batches does stretch out the anticipation, which is not a bad thing.

I have a feeling it's being done this way because there are so many swaps of feeders taking place that doing it in a specific order lessens the chances that it gets screwed up some where during the swapping.

KGB

• crakker
    crakker Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options

Re this:
    Jubilee - Jean Grey (Phoenix) Re-adding, no retro rewards

When was it removed? My Jubilee is 283 and it shows a LL token at 280.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

Last week

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@GrimSkald said:

@bigjojo04 said:
    Seeing the Echo change is awesome. It’s one of the 4* that I do have champed over 280 and it’ll allow me to roster Daredevil so I can use his costume I got from the free token I got back during anniversary. Keep ‘em coming!

Honestly, thematically Daredevil is my favorite 5* - he fits the TV show so well. He gets the utter tinykitty beaten out of him, but then before he's down for the count, he rallies and also hits harder. The more he managed to cling to consciousness, the stronger he gets. :)

His numbers aren't great, though, which is why no one uses him. If he was simply boosted a bit he might be very usable.

I love 5* DD as well. Recently, I've found that he makes for a nice 3rd pick with Chasm + Mighty Thor. Those two cover for him, so you probably won't generally be getting too many strikes out of him. As long as you're collecting Black, you should still be able to get enough Green & Purple. Once you do get his Green CD out, Thor's tile destruction triggers it to deal damage & re-create itself.

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I've forgotten about that. So, Dr Ock will precede Ronan and I don't know when Dr Ock was releases. Probably 2016 or 2017?

June 1st, 2017

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Anyone know when? I had a data push two hours ago but nothing turned up.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That DP seems to have been for the new vaults.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yes, probably.

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I got 700 of 1100 Echo shards to bring her up 2 levels. I'm one cover short of double dipping on Cyclops/Daredevil.

I'm hoping for a lucky pull after DDQ opens up, but I don't think I'll make it. Was fun to try though

• 9RMetal
    9RMetal Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options

Jubilee shoulda've fed > @rainkingucd said:

I got 700 of 1100 Echo shards to bring her up 2 levels. I'm one cover short of double dipping on Cyclops/Daredevil.

I'm hoping for a lucky pull after DDQ opens up, but I don't think I'll make it. Was fun to try though

How??? nothing has been given yet.