Retro Rewards for Rescue and Iron Man XLVI

Options
System
System Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2022 in MPQ General Discussion
This discussion was created from comments split from: New Character - ***** Riri Williams (Ironheart 3.0) *****. and is based on this announcement:

Feeder Updates

Note: As two of these changes are simple 1:1 swaps (Hulkbuster goes from Rescue to Iron Man and War Machine goes from Iron Man to Rescue), we are not planning on having retro rewards for these two particular changes, while Riri as a new addition will be getting them as normal.

Comments

• danielrandkai
    danielrandkai Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options

YEHHHHHHHS! more retro rewards, thank you dev team! You rock!

• St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 601 Critical Contributor
    Options

Not sure I see the point of swapping War Machine and Hulkbuster. They made complete sense as feeders before. So why change it?

• bigjojo04
    bigjojo04 Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I’d imagine it’s to make all the Iron Mans just feed into each other and the War Machine swap to Rescue would be the next logical choice. It’s one that I had anticipated when I heard about all the feeder changes coming.

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    edited November 2022
    Options

@bigjojo04 said:
    I’d imagine it’s to make all the Iron Mans just feed into each other and the War Machine swap to Rescue would be the next logical choice. It’s one that I had anticipated when I heard about all the feeder changes coming.

Ya it's the logical choice. And I think it's fair that if they are already a feeder, no need to give retro rewards if they're just switching to feeding someone else.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@AlexR said:

Note: As two of these changes are simple 1:1 swaps (Hulkbuster goes from Rescue to Iron Man and War Machine goes from Iron Man to Rescue), we are not planning on having retro rewards for these two particular changes, while Riri as a new addition will be getting them as normal.

@IceIX
    I have a question. If I have Hulkbuster at a high level (having already given me Rescue covers) and War Machine at a low level (no Iron Man yet) and they switch without retro rewards, what will happen? Since Hulkbuster is high level, it's not like he can give me any IronMan either, while War Machine will give me another batch of Rescue.

Will I just be locked out completely from receiving any 5* IronMan from feeders with this switch, period?

...Is it too late to beg you guys not to do any switches like this, if this is going to be how it will be handled going forward? Because being locked out of feeder rewards would suck a lot. :(

I figured there would be someone in this situation.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

That sucks about no retro feeders for Rescue and Iron Man. The change will end up costing me a Rescue cover since my Hulkbuster has one more 5* cover left in him, and my War Machine is max champed or close to it so I'd have to rebuild a dupe just to get Rescue another cover. My 5* Iron Man is champed so getting another cover on him wouldn't have done anything for me.

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I can say not a fan of switching 5 stars around and not giving retro rewards. Just odd that the last few sorta set a standard ( maybe this is the new trend, if so, very lame)

I think some will be hurt by this move Especially since Iron man 5 star is a classic so any help getting him covered goes a long way.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@shardwick said:
    That sucks about no retro feeders for Rescue and Iron Man. The change will end up costing me a Rescue cover since my Hulkbuster has one more 5* cover left in him, and my War Machine is max champed or close to it so I'd have to rebuild a dupe just to get Rescue another cover. My 5* Iron Man is champed so getting another cover on him wouldn't have done anything for me.

This is the less fun side of monkeying around with 4* reward trees. They take months/years to organically grow so this can be a big sad face to someone in that position. I have a 362 hulkbuster and a 342 War Machine, but I also have Rescue and Iron Man champed so it’s not the end of the world for me. My Riri is 342, so at least on that one I’ll come out pretty good.

• bladewing
    bladewing Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Options

When do the feeder updates go live? Any chance you can push it back just a little bit, while I try to get my Hulkbuster to level 280 for the Rescue cover before it changes to Iron Man?

• killahKlown
    killahKlown Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

@DyingLegend said:
    I can say not a fan of switching 5 stars around and not giving retro rewards. Just odd that the last few sorta set a standard ( maybe this is the new trend, if so, very lame)

I think some will be hurt by this move Especially since Iron man 5 star is a classic so any help getting him covered goes a long way.

What standard? Have they made any feeders from pre existing feeders before now? I believe this is a first for that so why hold it to irrelevant standards?

• DyingLegend
    Options

@killahKlown said:

@DyingLegend said:

What standard? Have they made any feeders from pre existing feeders before now? I believe this is a first for that so why hold it to irrelevant standards?

They have been pretty consistent on doing retro active feeders at a 5 star level. I believe Antman used to hand out Wasp covers but he was switched to Yellow Jacket. We got retro rewards then.
    Sure adding a new feeder is different but I'm sure there are other past swaps they've done to align character affiliations better.

I'm willing to bet there will be quite a few people that needs 1 or 2 Iron Man covers that will miss out on those covers because their hulkbuster is too high. My 5 star IronMan is 10/13 and I will be missing out on 3 covers. My Rescue is already fully covered though.

• HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think it's a classic case of players assuming something will always happen because it has happened a few times before. On the other hand, the dev has never said that it will always happen.

Anyway, double feeders for both IM and Rescue comes Shardmas 2.0/3.0 will help to iron things out smoothly. :p

• DyingLegend
    Options

@HoundofShadow said:
    I think it's a classic case of players assuming something will always happen because it has happened a few times before. On the other hand, the dev has never said that it will always happen.

Anyway, double feeders for both IM and Rescue comes Shardmas 2.0/3.0 will help to iron things out smoothly. :p

For me it's a classic case of retro active rewards has been the only way I've been able to cover any classic 5 stars......

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

well, i guess dumping my max champed 4* and starting them over to save HP was a bad idea...

• ShionSinX
    ShionSinX Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited November 2022
    Options

@St_Bernadus said:
    Not sure I see the point of swapping War Machine and Hulkbuster. They made complete sense as feeders before. So why change it?

Iron Man into Iron Man into Iron Man makes more sense even if it was already pretty close (lore wise) previously. They seem to be doing this for everyone they can (in the long run at least, might change 4cyke from cable to 5cyke).

• Thoooooor
    Thoooooor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

Is there a chance that the 5* Iron man and Rescue could actually be retro rewards? Whilst I understand it's a like for like swap, but some people will get a double hit on Iron Man and now Rescue cover if they have War Machine over level 280 but Hulkbuster under level 280

• slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

should say riki at 304 hulkbuster at 312 war machine at 296

will war machine still give iron man or switching to pepper do you get both covers

seems they are just flipping

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@slidecage said:
    should say riki at 304 hulkbuster at 312 war machine at 296

will war machine still give iron man or switching to pepper do you get both covers

seems they are just flipping

You're not getting anything for Hulkbuster or War Machine, only for 4* Riri.