MPQ Developer Q&A November 2022 (QUESTIONS)

Options

Comments

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2022
    Options

Daily rewards for players with 3000+ days are pretty much unbalanced for rosters. I mean, who in day 3000+ is looking for that 250 iso daily reward or an elite token. I wouldn't be upset if the daily rewards could start incorporating Classic Legends tokens or Supports in lieu of some of these "rewards" (iso mainly); the classic legends token was brough up in the daily reward thread.

Speaking of supports, are we going to see new ones or a better system to actually obtain higher rank ones?

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

@fnedude said:
    So I can't post this question on your google form, because I don't have (and don't want) a Google account (are you requiring us to have a google account to post questions?), so I don't know what to do here...

Anyhow, my question:
    1) Do you think other "double" character such as Rocket & Groot, Cloak & Dagger be introduced?

I think you could have a wide variety of "minor" characters that team up to fight together. Such as the Four Horsemen (Death, Famine, War, Pestilance) as two characters. Of the 3 powers on each character, one for each character, then a "paired attack" power (or something else whatever fits).

I though 4R&G a good example of a paired super.

@fnedude : I like this question a lot. I had actually hoped they would do a "double" character for Love and Thunder: Thor & Mighty Thor. If you don't mind, I can add it to my question on the form. Let me know.

• hector83
    hector83 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2022
    Options
    1. Some of the old characters like 2* Captain Marvel, Daken, Hawkeye, 3* Beast, Black Widow GS, Deadpool etc. display color match power in wrong order in the character card.

For example 3* Deadpool on 201lvl its:
    Red: 64
    Purple: 82
    Black: 73

And its should be sorted from strongest to weakest, like in most of other characters.
    Purple: 82
    Black: 73
    Red: 64

Fixing it will help especially new players, it will be clear for them that always strongest color is one the top and weakest on the bottom.
    Specially when some characters skills are dependent on "your strongest color"

1. I think we have massive problem with PvP, because when i reach 750pts I start seeing same 3 or 4 players in my targets, no matter how meany times I skip, I see always same 3, or 4 sometimes 5 people.
      I know you are working on new PvP system, I hope it will work better.
      I think less and less players play MPQ.
      Like someone mentioned above its hard to recruit some randoms to Alliance.
      Atm. we are 18/20 and have a big problem with recruit someone.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Is it possible to have a spend x 50 pulls in the LT vault for CP when you have run out of LT's?

Can't think of a second question so er...

Which Character that's not already in the game would be the perfect Christmas present for you to have included?

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,412 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

A shame this is tied to a google form. I don’t have any direct access to google.
    My question would have been, “any chance you will do away with 2 day PvE subs?”

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 416 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Are there any plans to update the one and two star character tiers. For example by adding a third power to characters that only have two, champing one star characters, revising rewards or releasing new characters.

Will the campaign area be looked at to allow it to be replayed at higher levels. Either by adding new tabs or allowing players to refresh the existing ones so that they can be replayed with stronger opponents and better rewards.

• The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022
    Options

1) Bad streak breaker for 5-Star tokens? If you haven't gotten a 5-Star in ## token pulls in a row, the next is a guaranteed 5-Star; then resets. There is the "1/7 Chance" display on the token odds, so set the streak at 7 (or 10, etc.).
    Seems like there should be a way to do this without requiring a complete overhaul of the game's economy.

2) In Game HUD = Abilities with an effect based on % Health remaining, have the affected Health Meter use a different visual state so it's clear the effect can trigger? Currently have to do mental math to figure this out.
    Example = 5-Star Thor's own Health, opponent Health for 3-Star Punisher, etc.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options

I posted in here before seeing the google form stuff, so I did it there too. No idea how that works though lol.

• Nero
    Nero Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

Are you planning a 5* Magik to complete the phoenix five family?

• Karass
    Karass Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Options

Any hope to see the "retired" PvE events (enemy of the state to name just one) come back to life?

• _TrashPanda
    _TrashPanda Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options

Posted Following Questions to Google Sheet:

1) Has mpq considered locking people into ally every PvE event, similar to Boss events.

PvE is very competitive and imo, the best part of the game. However, I guess don't understand the point of having ally's when people can move their scores around at anytime. This doesn't promote teamwork and negates the whole point of being part of an ally team. In essence, the game could do away with ally's and just assign all the top scores to the top ally ranks based on their scores. (I guess a side benefit of doing it this way = it would be easier for the mods to investigate the speed hacks being used). Locking people into a specific ally at the start of PvE would bring meaning back to being part of a team. It encourages people to "sink or swim" as a team.

2) Can they add a SIM/ gauntlet every season that uses all seal/various-lvl npc teams that a person could farm for low rewards.

It could have separate 1/ 2/ 3/ 4/ 5* nodes that have randomly generated npc teams. This would be a great way for (a) people to test out different teams against various opponents in a low-risk test environment without sacrificing competive placement, (b) allow people to farm low level rewards, (c) a fun event for people to kill time that doesn't have placement rewards.

Side Note: Will Chasm's tiles be included in Knull's passive "Amortal Coil - special tiles"?

• _TrashPanda
    Options

I really wanted to ask this question but already asked my 2 questions (see above). Could someone else please ask this question on the Google sheets if they haven't filled their 2 question limit?

3) Implement a better way to acquire 5* classic characters.

The recent focus on redesigns are great, however, there isn't a reasonable way to acquire them. The classic 5* vault is so diluted that the vault is basically irrelevant to players at this point. There are several easy seeming options that could fix this/ make pulling classics more palatable: (a) Change the 5* classics vault so that it "features" certain 5* over a limited time period, for example, change the classics vault so that it instead features specific 3x5* every week (similar to how they change the weekly boosted). There are currently over 72 "classic" 5*, by changing up the 5* classics vault/ or even adding a separate featured 3x5* classics vault every week, that means that all characters will have increased chances to being pulled 1.5-2 times over the year (by "increased chances", I mean that people wouldn't face the same dilution issues that classics have currently when they pull them, thus allowing people to somewhat prioritize the 5* they pull for. It would also help make the 5* buffs that are being done more relevant, (b) Increase the 5* pull rate odds of the classics so instead of being 1:7 odds, reduce it to say 1:4/ 1:5 odds of pulling a 5*. While this is a decent option, this method wouldn't be as good as option (a) above, it would be a great option to be used in conjunction with option (a) in the situation that option (a) was done through a new vault.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,923 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Nero said:

Don’t you mean Magik and Namor?

• Nero
    Nero Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:

@Nero said:

Don’t you mean Magik and Namor?

Yes !!!

• Timemachinego
    Timemachinego Posts: 450 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022
    Options

@_TrashPanda said:
    I really wanted to ask this question but already asked my 2 questions (see above). Could someone else please ask this question on the Google sheets if they haven't filled their 2 question limit?

**3)...

Got you on that (had to edit a fair bit but I think I got the idea across?), I'm fairly happy with the game nowadays but I've been wanting such a thing for quite some time. It's a really simple way to solve the classics dilution and should be implemented.

• _TrashPanda
    Options

@Timemachinego said:

@_TrashPanda said:

**3)...

Got you on that (had to edit a fair bit but I think I got the idea across?), I'm fairly happy with the game nowadays but I've been wanting such a thing for quite some time. It's a really simple way to solve the classics dilution and should be implemented.

Thank you!! @Timemachinego

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,929 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1.) Any chance we can get a "Death meta" to deal with the current "Revive meta"? It's a shame Thanos & Hela aren't seeing much action in PvP. Hela, especially, could use some love. Death herself would also be cool, although I'd prefer her to be a 6*.

2.) (on behalf of @fnedude ) Do you think other "double" character such as Cloak & Dagger could be introduced?

I think you could have a variety of "minor" characters team up to fight together. Of the 3 powers on each character, 1 for each character, then a "paired attack" power.

Original question: here.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

@fight4thedream said:
    1.) Any chance we can get a "Death meta" to deal with the current "Revive meta"? It's a shame Thanos & Hela aren't seeing much action in PvP. Hela, especially, could use some love. Death herself would also be cool, although I'd prefer her to be a 6*.

2.) (on behalf of @fnedude ) Do you think other "double" character such as Cloak & Dagger could be introduced?

I think you could have a variety of "minor" characters team up to fight together. Of the 3 powers on each character, 1 for each character, then a "paired attack" power.

Original question: here.

I'd love to see Power Pack as a playable group.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

My questions:

1) Can you give us an approximate date for Shardmas 3?

2) As a "Day 3300" player, I've seen so many changes over the years. What's the biggest change you'd like to make over the next few years that isn't yet on your roadmap?

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:
    I posted in here before seeing the google form stuff, so I did it there too. No idea how that works though lol.

Nothing happens. All you get is this pear. JK thank for submitting!

This discussion has been closed.