MPQ Developer Q&A November 2022 (QUESTIONS)

Options

Comments

• Double_O_Revan
    Double_O_Revan Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options

At at point will Arcade no longer have boosted rates in the Heroic/Elite/Mighty vaults? I pulled 200 Heroic tokens and got over 20 covers. More than enough to champ him.

I'm sitting on almost 1500 tokens to pull because I don't want to pull so many of him unnecessarily. Can we please have a limited time on the 3* boosted rates? I hope this won't happen with every 3*.

• tfaludi
    tfaludi Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited November 2022
    Options

hello!

I have asked this once already (or maybe even twice):
    1) when and how will SHIELD resupply rewards be updated? getting 100 Iso or a standard token at day 3XXX is not very motivating
    2) when and how will SHIELD resupply rewards be updated? getting 100 Iso or a standard token at day 3XXX is not very motivating

:smile:

(i really like the new additions to the game, i am just curious about the above, since i am at day 3228)
    (and now i know why this question wasnt answered yet, i forgot to fill out the form :smile: )

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

@MoosePrime said:

@turbomoose said:
    I sent my questions using the Google form as requested 🙂

Do you want to share them here, too?

@S0kun said:

2. Copy questions to this thread:
    Displaying questions publicly in the forums is helpful to avoid duplicates, so please copy your questions as a thread reply here.

Ah yes sorry, I was sidetracked at work so missed that point

My questions were

1 in the previous q and a you said most 5*s without feeders should be updated by the end of the year, is this still expected to be the case ?

2 are there any plans to bring in another tier of characters or a way to address the dilution for 4 and 5*s

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

I just missed the deadline for my question last time, so I'll just do a copy and paste job!

I would like to ask a question regarding progression rewards for SCL10 and classic 5 star characters. As there is now 70+ 5 star characters, the dilution rate means we only ever see these classic characters in PVE events once every year or two. Now I'm sure I'm overlooking some big factor here which may ruin the game balance, but would it be possible for these classic 5 star characters to be rewarded 500 shards through progression, and keep the latest legends at 250 rewarded shards? As we see these characters featured so rarely, it would take at least two years to earn just one cover currently, disregarding feeders and special stores of course. I would love to hear your thoughts on this, and thank you for your time.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options

1) Of old, the Limited characters were always a trophy - just a dead spot on your roster to say you could afford a frivolous spot. Is there any thought to having them give out better champion rewards since they are less available?

2) how does the team decide when to give retro rewards or not? given that it takes an SCL10 player 9 months to hit 360 from un-rostered on a 4* (i tested) how sensitve are you to the time investment when you switch them around?

• S0kun
    S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    edited November 2022
    Options

@Carnifex said:
    I just missed the deadline for my question last time, so I'll just do a copy and paste job!

You'll miss it again if you don't actually submit it in the form. :)

• bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options

1) After updating, why do characters not feed themselves 1st or someone connected to them, instead of no one or someone unrelated? (ex Carnage feeding Carnage instead of Dr. Octopus; Polaris feeding 5* Magneto instead of no one; Ikaris into Sersi, etc)

2) I know you've been working on an overhaul, but are there any updates in making supports more readily collectable and upgradable?

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options

Why is the Simulator the only event that has variable nodes each run? Have you considered updating or creating new events to allow for something similar?

I understand a chunk of nodes have some degree of story tied to them so are fixed. However, Deadpool vs MPQ or Welcome to Shield seem particularly set-up for variable nodes each run to add to the variety and challenge. In Simulator, I do enjoy seeing some interesting creative challenges when certain underused characters are put together that perhaps require a little more finesse than just speed and brute force.

• Carnifex
    Carnifex Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options

@S0kun said:

@Carnifex said:

All done, thank you :)

• S0kun
    Options

@Carnifex said:

@S0kun said:

@Carnifex said:

All done, thank you :)

Much appreciated!

• Notwen
    Notwen Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    1. Waddle_Pines asked in the October Q&A what the respective roles of 505, Broken Circle, and Infinite Interactive were. You answered "publisher", "developer", and "the team behind Puzzle Quest". That answer didn't mean much to me, can you elaborate on your answer; what things does each do? In addition, what role does Marvel have in the game?
  • Codex
    Codex Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options

1) Why is there no command points offered in progression rewards in S.H.I.E.L.D Simulator?

• illusionist_KA
    illusionist_KA Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options

hi, thanks for bringing the Q&A back again. I'm reposting a question i asked back in July / September that wasn't answered.
    1) more like a feature request. Can you incorporate a "shard bank" into the game please? Meaning, if we don't want shards for a certain character, we can move or transfer them to a bank to be used for a character we like. Like everyone else, I have 550 okoye and a few other 550 characters, I have 2500 shards sitting wasting space. I would like move that to a bank and use it for another character as we see fit. Creating or building a duplicate is pointless, because of roster slot cost and that a low level 5* does nothing for a 550 player. Or for the "choose your adventure " shard bundle, move to a bank and not be forced to use it on characters we don't use at that moment. At least, give us option to apply shards to more than one character rather then be forced to use one. like 100 shards to one character to level, 400 to another to level. This would be a good replacement for bonus heroes since shards are horrible and have a painful drop*rate. This question and request have been in Suggestions and feedback for over a year.

2) When will God boost in PVP be dialed down or removed? Either remove it all together or bump it to 10 to 25 levels like it used to be for featured characters. I'm sure this will be an unpopular opinion, but this created a massive slog in pvp, especially the way the Devs are boosting characters. especially when next week it will be chasm and abigail. that will be the slowest pvp to date. one that heals and one that doesn't die. not sure what the logic was behind that.

Thanks again, any response will be appreciated.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

What state of health is the game in versus when you first took over as the new developers? Metrics, daily players, new players, growth/decay?

Recruiting into alliances has never been more demanding and difficult. It seems the player pool is very shallow. Is there a marketing strategy in place to get the word out about the new direction the game is heading in and to try and revitalize it?

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So I can't post this question on your google form, because I don't have (and don't want) a Google account (are you requiring us to have a google account to post questions?), so I don't know what to do here...

Anyhow, my question:
    1) Do you think other "double" character such as Rocket & Groot, Cloak & Dagger be introduced?

I think you could have a wide variety of "minor" characters that team up to fight together. Such as the Four Horsemen (Death, Famine, War, Pestilance) as two characters. Of the 3 powers on each character, one for each character, then a "paired attack" power (or something else whatever fits).

I though 4R&G a good example of a paired super.

• Grizwald
    Grizwald Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    1. Is it possible to get A to Z sorting on the rewards inbox page?
    2. Are there any plans to make it easier to collect Classic 5*s?
  • S0kun
    Options

@Notwen said:
    1. Waddle_Pines asked in the October Q&A what the respective roles of 505, Broken Circle, and Infinite Interactive were. You answered "publisher", "developer", and "the team behind Puzzle Quest". That answer didn't mean much to me, can you elaborate on your answer; what things does each do? In addition, what role does Marvel have in the game?

Can you please do me a favor and add it to the form? https://505games.link/mpqa1122
    I can help clarify when we do the answers. :)

• Valdoraptor
    Valdoraptor Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

Thanks for another Q&A. Here are my questions:

1. Is is possible to add little UI change in a form of visible max points value next to current points value when one clicks specific node? Some nodes have even number which is easy to remember but some don't and seeing current vs max would be helpful in calculating time of node completion.

2. I wonder about Victory mechanics because sometimes tiles "freeze" right after last enemy is downed (even if there are matches on screen), but sometimes last, victorious match creates pointless cascades that prolong length of clearing node. For time sensitive areas like PVE it may be very annoying. Is it possible to set it like instant tile freeze mechanic when enemy hp is depleted?

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1) With the introduction of the new nodes in DDQ, when will we have the ability to save more teams? The current number is way too low.

2) In your best estimate, what % of all MPQ players are active on Forums/Discord/Reddit vs not on any online presence for MPQ at all.

This discussion has been closed.