MPQ Developer Q&A November 2022 (QUESTIONS)

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2022 in MPQ General Discussion

Hi everyone!

It's that time of year again. That time where you submit your MPQ questions and our team muddles through them while trying to recover from the food coma that is the Thanksgiving break.

As I mentioned in our previous October Q&A thread, I'd like to change things up a little to help with our workflow. Most notably, we'd like to kindly ask for everyone to submit your questions through a new Google Form located here: https://505games.link/mpqa1122. If you don't have a Google account, please post your question in the thread and a friendly neighborhood Iso hunter may swoop in and help out.

1. Max 2 Questions:
To keep questions clear and concise, we've limited the number of characters per question to 250 characters. Any legitimate question is fair game.

2. Copy questions to this thread:
Displaying questions publicly in the forums is helpful to avoid duplicates, so please copy your questions as a thread reply here.

3. Deadline to submit questions:
12pm PST/8pm BST on Wed November 23rd

4. Answers posted:
Around EOD Wed November 30th

We apologize for the added steps in this new Q&A, but it'll tremendously help with our workflow so we really appreciate your help!

Looking forward to your questions!

Best,
S0kun

Tagged:

Comments

• Punzaman
    Punzaman Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

@S0kun - A question about #2. What about players who are not on the forums? Can they still submit questions without posting as a thread reply? Feel free to delete my comment to avoid the clutter, once clarified. :)

• S0kun
    Options

@Punzaman said:
    @S0kun - A question about #2. What about players who are not on the forums? Can they still submit questions without posting as a thread reply? Feel free to delete my comment to avoid the clutter, once clarified. :)

Good question! We'd love to hear from the other communities so I've updated the username area to reflect other sites. I've also posted a thread on reddit to help send folks over to the form.

• Florin
    Florin Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options

In events where a sub can be either 24 or 48 hours, are you intentionally only choosing the 24 hour versions?

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Why the circle is broken?
    2. Boss events offering 2 covers for the new 5* character is great. Did you consider running boss events offering classic character covers?
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options

The awards available through vaults during the anniversary were phenomenal. So much so that I find myself unwilling to use HP on more recent offerings. Previously I had only occasionally hoarded resources. Should I be spending my HP now?

How's the MMR update coming along?

• leviticuschom
    leviticuschom Posts: 61 Match Maker
    edited November 2022
    Options
    1. Before October, maybe the most popular questions regarded 5* classics, dilution, and availability. The answer was "we are aware, but it isn't critical yet". Can you give more detail on "critical yet" - how is that condition being defined?

2. 8 years ago, I began playing --- not realizing that this might be my "forever" game. I made a tiny huge mistake when selecting my player id. I would love the opportunity to change it, any chance?

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Options

For several years, wave nodes gave out event tokens (typically to a vault). A few years back, this was changed to heroic tokens. Could these be changed back? They were the main reason Enemy of the State was my favorite event, back in the day.

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Q1) The 5* Riri is a big change in terms of design! She has powers that costs 3-4 ap. Not since 3* Raganork have we seen such low ap powers. I know it’s balanced thru other mechanics, but I like to know what has changed within the design philosophy?

Q2) There has been an increase in the variety of Heroes for Hire offers. Would BC consider a tweak to the current VIP, to make it more enticing?

• atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@S0kun i think there is an error in the form. I tried to put in responses in the “note to dev”, but it didn’t even allow me to put in a 5 letter word. Probably some parameters error.

• samael64
    samael64 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    1. Polaris will generate additional strike/attack/protect tiles when matched or destroyed; however, if the tile is fortified then it will only generate additional tiles if matched, if these fortified tiles are destroyed no additional tiles are generated. Is this a bug, defect, or expected behavior?

2. Possible that you can't say, thought I'd ask any way, will two star champion rewards be included in the feeder updates?

• S0kun
    Options

@atomzed said:
    @S0kun i think there is an error in the form. I tried to put in responses in the “note to dev”, but it didn’t even allow me to put in a 5 letter word. Probably some parameters error.

Doh! Cause I had it set to “min character” instead of “max character”. Feel free to go back and enter your comment! 🙏

• Hammer3001
    Hammer3001 Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    edited November 2022
    Options
    1. Are you going to be giving us more access to the really, really limited 4-Star characters Spider-Ham & Devil Dinosaur? Howard the Duck & Taskmaster are rewards in PVEs. There are events where Ham & DD could be natural rewards.
    2. Wouldn’t making more new Supports out of actual tools & weapons make more sense? Like a Mjolnir that only works for the Worthy that casts lightning once triggered!
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2022
    Options
    1. What are the formulas to calculate the final values of a) match damage boost and b) power damage boost from all possible sources, including deduction of damage reducing abilities or tiles?
    2. How do you tell if certain power that boosts damage from character A can be stacked with damage booster from character B or C, besides trying them out?
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options

I sent my questions using the Google form as requested 🙂

• capt
    capt Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options

will we see characters like Omega red, Red skull, Apache kid or any of the other heralds of Galactus in the near future?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 958 Critical Contributor
    Options

@turbomoose said:
    I sent my questions using the Google form as requested 🙂

Do you want to share them here, too?

@S0kun said:

2. Copy questions to this thread:
    Displaying questions publicly in the forums is helpful to avoid duplicates, so please copy your questions as a thread reply here.

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 371 Mover and Shaker
    Options

1: Any UI changes planned for the future? I'd love if the XP notices weren't in the same spot as the back arrow. And maybe a progression indicator on nodes so you can see if you're at 1/4 or 2/4 before clicking on it.

2: Any changes for the shop/prices planned? VIP is a good deal, but some of the bundles just seem all over the place. I'd probably spend (more) $$ if there was more than a handful of CP and LL, and negligible iso.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

What are the developer’s thoughts on Chasm with regards to game balance?

More specifically, it seems that with each versus event, more and more people are choosing to play much lower level iHulk/Chasm teams over very good characters with 110 level boosts. I felt diversity in the meta was finally solved but am finding the game much less fun now that the variety is lacking and we are back to the old days. Any insight you can give into this shift would be appreciated!

Might think of a second one later.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

What's the distribution of players by country?

This discussion has been closed.